It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Analyst Calls For Nuclear Attack on Yellowstone National Park

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
But aside from all that, is it even possible to trigger a volcano with a bomb?

L. Ron Hubbard said you can.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I really hope this is only Russia's idea of "subtly" hinting how very reasonable (?) Putin is by comparison to some others that might come to power if he should be - uhm - color revolutionized away or something along those lines. Vladimir Zhirinovsky has a long history of similar outrageous remarks. Here is one from last year about nuking Poland and the Baltics:

Vladimir Zhirinovsky—the Russian member of parliament and court jester, who sometimes says things that those in power cannot—argued on television that Russia should use nuclear weapons to bomb Poland and the Baltic countries—“dwarf states,” he called them—and show the West who really holds power in Europe: “Nothing threatens America, it’s far away. But Eastern European countries will place themselves under the threat of total annihilation,” he declared. Vladimir Putin indulges these comments: Zhirinovsky’s statements are not official policy, the Russian president says, but he always “gets the party going.”
Is it hysterical to prepare for total war with Russia? Or is it naive not to? (Slate.com))
edit on 31-3-2015 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

You have strange vocabulary

But how would I know? The same way you don't know they would listen.. and because Russian leaders are far from stupid, courageous to stand up against the banking globalists, but not stupid. .

This will never manifest, no matter how much thought this idea gets... Putin would not allow it, and American defense systems would be the first frontier for such an attack any ways.

Meaning the nuke would have to penatrated American defense capabilities, which are elite at worst lol

Besides, the American military and government leaders are aware of the volcanic "sweet-spot". They would defend yellowstone severely.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
geez, do we have to have a thread about every nutball that says some stupid crap in public?....we should be above that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

We should fire back with threats to activate those ancient alien borehole machines to chew russia apart!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

First of all the guy was just talking, but second... What would a nuke do to yellowstone anyway? If the land got some small amount of extra down pressure I mean..

This analyist isn't Russia. It's like flipping on FOX news and hearing how we should nuke Iran or something..

This is just a story and it has all those tell tale signs of fear selling. It seems to be an Alex Jones type thing. Same conspiracy circles saying Fukushima was an underwater nuke, and that they could cause Earthquakes with HARRP and these types of things.. It makes more sense if it's a rogue group of people in a government able to steal maybe a couple nukes.. But if you have thousands?? You don't need anything doctor Evil style.

Russia ALREADY said it would nuke us if we go to war with them. That's already as far as we get to go before we all die.. Are you so Naive to think Yellowstone makes any difference in this?? How many Nuclear powerplants are in the US? The ENTIRE east part of the US would be wiped out for 100s of years at least, even with just bombing our nuclear plants/knocking out power.

Yellowstone will kill us in due time, but meanwhile humans are Somehow still here. Don't believe the hype.

And trust that Europe and everywhere else that holds nukes would also be targeted.
edit on 31-3-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well that would be stupid.

Is Russia not cold enough?

Global warming is making it bearable now....

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
WEll there are Russian weapons of Mass destruction that have the devastating effects of a major Nuclear bomb without the radiation.

Suck in the total energy and then blast back with the highest level of hurricane force winds essentially wiping the slate clean, the rest of the country would be easy to take down and out.

It is totally silly, it would affect the world not just the US no one would want that they all have enough problems with changing environment.

The most wide reaching effect of a Yellowstone eruption would be much colder weather.
Volcanoes can inject sulphur gas into the upper atmosphere, forming sulphuric acid aerosols that rapidly spread around the globe. Scientists believe sulphuric aerosols are the main cause of climatic cooling after an eruption.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Come on people, this is an article from Russia. Do a google translate of the article. There is no call or urges for nuclear attacks as smh or Alex jones may quote even though Alex was more reasonable than smh. Wow.

The article starts with... Asymmetric mega oruzhie meaning Asymmetric response to a war with the US may happen somewhere between 2020 and 2025. Then he goes on about how Russia could retaliate. He is a Geopolitical Analyst not a fricking General. A US general recently called to kill Russians in Ukraine. Now that's a call I take seriously.

Also the video is deceptive as he is not discussing this in the video shown. The video in question is discussing economics and was in 2013.

This came from smh.com.au 'somehow' translated poorly, Showing a bear and saying the guy urges to nuke. Also Alex Jones and a myriad of conspiracy sites. CNN? I call this more ATS anti-Russian. Those that take this in are getting sucked in to hating Russia.

Russia knows the west want them to bow down economically and geopolitically and they will not. The rhetoric makes sense to me.

Original Article
translate.google.com.au...

SMH
www.smh.com.au...

Original Video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't think it would work. I'm not so sure that one nuke would do it, it would have to be down in the earth a bit. Now if Russia buried a huge nuke a mile down, that might be enough to trigger some sort of an event.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

And here i thought i would be safe if russia attacked with nukes. I DO NOT LIKE THEIR IDEA. Dropping a nuke in my back yard is not nice. guess i would not have to worry about a slow death, if i was lucky i would get
to see the flash before i was vaporised.

He has to realize that this would effect the whole world, radio active ash would travel around the globe.
Not a very bright idea if you ask me.

YEA! You win, but you will be dead in a month... not really a good win in my book.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

that would be a very dumb idea for two reasons first if you set off a multi magaton nuke you are going to make alot of fallout but if you actually use it to set off a super volcano that could have gigatons of force then you aren't just irradiating tens of miles but possible everywhere because the dust cloud would go world wide . and two if we knew you did it we would nuke russia back into the stone age if not from our land based weaponry then from our sub fleet.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Ok from a humanistic standpoint, appalling. From a military strategy perspective, genius. But aside from all that, is it even possible to trigger a volcano with a bomb? Is this a realistic possibility or is the guy simply talking out of his ass in fantasy land?

With a bomb no. With a nuke apparently YES.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Look at the bigger picture.......Russians eat this kind of stuff up and want more of it. Americans and 1st world populations here propaganda like this and it is concerning and almost laughable.

Think about it this is a window into the Russian society......It looks pretty sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Here is something that gets you closer to that requested link.
www.manuelsweb.com...

However it has been rumored that Russian scientists have taken this technology to towering heights and advanced it beyond what Cohen had originally envisioned. The devastation would be complete yet leave little to no trace as would radiation detonations from a full fledged Nuclear assault.

If they placed this technology at the suggested locations, then there would be no further concerns over the big one going off in either locations.

In 1979, he was in Paris helping the French build their own arsenal of neutron bombs when presidential candidate Ronald Reagan came through on a European tour. Cohen met with Reagan to brief him on the neutron bomb. Reagan grasped the idea of neutron weaponry immediately, and made a pledge to Cohen, and later a public pledge, that he would reverse Carter administration policy by building and deploying a large number of neutron bombs.

More on Cohen:

As president, Reagan fulfilled that pledge and approximately a thousand weapons were constructed. But criticism from European allies kept the weapons from being deployed across Europe.

With the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communism as we knew it, the Bush administration moved to dismantle all of our tactical nuclear weapons, including the Reagan stockpile of neutron bombs. In Cohen's mind, America was brought back to Square One. Without tactical weapons like the neutron bomb, America would be left with two choices if an enemy was winning a conventional war: surrender, or unleash the holocaust of strategic nuclear weapons.

Other nation's haven't been afflicted by the U.S. blindness regarding neutron bombs. According to Cohen:

Evidence exists that China has neutron bombs stockpiled, and that the United States gave the Chinese the technology to build them.

Russia has a large quantity of such weapons, as well as the world's largest arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Israel has hundreds of neutron weapons. The neutron bombs would allow Israel to stop advancing Arab armies and tank columns - even one on Israeli soil - without permanently contaminating the land.

South Africa, which constructed a cache of neutron weapons before the end of white rule, claimed it dismantled those weapons before handing over power to the Nelson Mandela government. Cohen, however, claims to have it on good authority that white military leaders still control the secret stockpile as "an insurance policy."

edit on pm331pmTue, 31 Mar 2015 13:39:46 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm tired of this psychopaths, criminals, sadistic maniacs who are in position of power. They don't own Earth, they don't own humanity. They can go all to hell. We have to take our planet back from lunatics.

We and the people around the world vote these elite, rich, corrupt psychopaths into office. We even defend their policies that hurt ourselves, the poor and the middle class. We back them and wave the flag when we invade and start conflicts in different parts of the world. We sacrifice our own sons and daughters because politicians order us to do so. We accept a good portion of our hard earned money to be taxed and taken by our government to be used to build a war machine. If we fail to pay our taxes, they take our homes, fine us, or throw us in jail.

We allow them to spend trillions of dollars on a war machine, yet there our thousands of Americans who are left without basic healthcare. We accept outrageous salaries our representatives receive, yet many Americans make only a quarter of their pay. We know our government has been hijacked by corporations and lobbyists yet we throw our hands up in the air and say we can't do anything about it. The average guy on the street can't run for office unless they have millions of corporate backed dollars and are given the nod by party chiefs.

It's our own fault that we have lunatics and psychopaths in office. We, the people of the world put them there. What's sad is there is strength in numbers. Yet we fail to organize to push for peaceful coexistence, equal justice, respect for our common man and an end to conflicts and wars.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Look at the bigger picture.......Russians eat this kind of stuff up and want more of it. Americans and 1st world populations here propaganda like this and it is concerning and almost laughable.

Think about it this is a window into the Russian society......It looks pretty sad.

This "propaganda" read BS article is NOT coming from Russia..

Guys just because someone frames an idea in a certain way, doesn't make ANY of the story true.. And EVEN if it were true it's not RUSSIA.. It's like some noob on ATS saying we should launch strikes from Space before they get us..

You guys are obviously looking for News articles as entertainment. And they will provide you with entertainment for money.. Doesn't matter if nothing is actually going on, you are still looking for it every morning with your coffee or whatever and you will find it.. Someone will feed you..

Besides grow up on the whacky Ideas.. It doesn't matter where a Nuke hits at all.

And for all you funny people.. Nuclear bombs are nothing compared to Nuclear power plants in the size of the radioactive material.. NOTHING. How many Tons of material was at Fukushima?? How many Tons of material you think you can put on a missile? Anyway...

Russia is actually making REAL threats meanwhile.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Tell me apart from the US, in your opinion who are 1st world populations and why do you think they are such? What percentage and what country's are 1st world to you in your view? What is Russia to you? 2nd or 3rd? Do you think you could go to Moscow and say that to someone on the street? What do you think the response would be?

I am interested because I have travelled. Did you travel and come to that conclusion? When you went to Russia, was that your conclusion? I would love to know.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok, I am skeptical that a nuke would set off Yellowstone. I'm skeptical that a combined strike of nukes would do it. I'm not sure we know enough about the mechanism to have the first clue what would do it.

And even if it did, we're talking Nuclear Volcano! And this one would spread it's nuclear fallout worldwide. It would be bad for the Russians, too.

Yeah, I'm saying this guy is relying on Hollywood to so the scaring.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Thanks for the reply, info and link you supplied.

I will do some research on this because I have been hearing more and more about these weapons.

I wonder if they have been tested, and if so if there is any documented results of these tests.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join