It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't be a Religious Jerk and respect others, pass the word at your church.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Make sure they see you take the gag ball out of your mouth before talking to them.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Do you also wear the, for lack of a better term, "wife beater" shirt?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Iwinder

Do you also wear the, for lack of a better term, "wife beater" shirt?

Not at all I am a wife hugger and have been since the day we met:-) A wife beater shirt might be a bit over the top for at least the JW'S . I want them gone but I don't need any heart attacks on my front door step.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Make sure they see you take the gag ball out of your mouth before talking to them.

No no the orgy is second, so you'd have to be wearing like a deep hooded cowl.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
A- That's mostly just the Jehovah Witness avg LDS Mormons. And most people share your sentiment.

B- In terms of who the A-hole may be, well... Maybe re-examine the way the OP was presented.

C- Yeah, the endless bombardment of door knocks get old, especially after the 1000th time you decline.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

B- In terms of who the A-hole may be, well... Maybe re-examine the way the OP was presented.

Since this is a rant, I can see how it may come across like that. Perhaps I was a little harsh in the OP.

However, like I said I just tell them NO THANKS, I'm not interested , so I'm not impolite to them and for that matter neither are they. As a matter of fact, I use to take their pamphlets and then wait till they left before throwing it out to not offend them. I stopped doing that because I felt I was just wasting paper , their money and mostly I got tired of even letting them get that far on their pitch.

However thinking more about it after being annoyed by one of them, I started to think "Man they are kind of jerks", which led me to create this thread. I thought Its pretty Pompous of them,hypocritical and inconsiderate to do this as an uninvited guest at someone private residence.

Its Pompous because: They assume that people have the same views as them or would want to hear there message.

Its hypocritical because: If I would pass fliers at their Church after service every other weekend in regards to how Science makes religion look really silly and there followers are not being true to themselves:

They would likely put a restraint order against me from stepping on their private property. They would also think I was the one being rude and inconsiderate.

I'm beginning to get tempted to keep their pamphlet and try this to see how they respond out of curiosity within their Church as an ATS exclusive experiment, LOL

Its inconsiderate because: They invite themselves over to give you a sales pitch in your own home. They never consider that person may not wan't to be disrupted in their own home or sleeping or maybe doesn't care about religion.

They also don't top to think for a minute that the home owner most likely does not want to hear a one on one commercial from their Church, since people are already bombarded by advertisement.

Creating this reply made me think that perhaps I should create a pamphlet with the above statement as to why its pompous , hypocritical , and inconsiderate for them to do this. Then hand it out to them .

edit on 26430America/ChicagoWed, 01 Apr 2015 08:26:22 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't be an atheist jerk and respect other's religious beliefs. If someone believes that celebrating a homosexual union is an affront before their God don't use the state to coerce them through fines, loss of occupation, and jail time if they do not partake.

Religious persecution is real.

Spread the word, tell someone at your next gay wedding.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh, and the last person that came to my door was a member of the Climate Change Church peddling some non-sense about mankind's industrial sins raising the ocean levels and starving California of rain.

Let the world burn at the bottom of the Pacific for all I care.

They are annoying as all hell, these Climate Change Churchers. Everywhere I turn one of them is blabbering on about what their priests are doing studies on... Telling me all about their magical computer models that send prophecies about what the temperature will be if I don't sacrifice now by driving around in a battery full of toxic chemicals. Never mind that their magical computer models don't even take into account the number one temperature driving force on planet Earth; the star burning hot radiation upon us at the center of our solar system. Great religion they got there.
edit on 1-4-2015 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Obvious thread derailment is obvious.

:/

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If you want to be left alone then simply put up a sign. Anyone who ignores the sign really is disrespecting your personal space.

I would personally refrain from anything provocative like wearing a satan apron etc. It won't scare them off, and most likely they will go back to their church, tell their brothers and sisters about you, and launch a coordinated action against the enemy (not you personally, but the spirit in which you act). I can go on for months and months.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not knocking their believe and respect their right to believe in what ever they want. However, its inconsiderate,rude, pompous and hypocritical of them to assume that others want to be disrupted in there home to hear what they have to say

I could say the same for people parading around with multicolored flags and promoting gay rights. Nobody asks for that obnoxiousness on their street, and it may be annoying for some people, but all in all, it's a magnificent thing for people to express their beliefs regardless of what their critics think of it. And as loud as they can be, I'm proud of them. More people should be that way. So many of us are shut-in and afraid to express themselves because (no offense) people like you find it offensive.

Anyone who's taken to the streets to do, as they see, the right thing, is a valuable person. And I am rather inspired when I see it -- not enough people care any more. Plus, if you've told them to leave you alone and they won't listen, put up a sign politely pointing them away and stop answering the door. Period.

That's what I do.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

I could say the same for people parading around with multicolored flags and promoting gay rights.
Nobody asks for that obnoxiousness on their street, and it may be annoying for some people,

Not the same thing. The issue is going to some ones private residence uninvited. I'm not aware of any Gay groups soliciting to people in their private residence without being invited.

How do you think the church would react with a group of gay activist that started to pass pamphlets at the church that encourages homosexuality?

it's a magnificent thing for people to express their beliefs regardless of what their critics think of it.

I agree, but there are millions of ways to do that without having to be an uninvited guest in someone personal residence.

Plus, if you've told them to leave you alone and they won't listen, put up a sign politely pointing them away and stop answering the door.

Agreed, but it still does not make it any less pompous or disrespectful to do so uninvited.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

I would personally refrain from anything provocative like wearing a satan apron etc. It won't scare them off, and most likely they will go back to their church, tell their brothers and sisters about you, and launch a coordinated action against the enemy (not you personally, but the spirit in which you act). I can go on for months and months.

LOL, Yeah I thought of that as well so decided best not to add fuel to the fire.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
Don't be an atheist jerk and respect other's religious beliefs. If someone believes that celebrating a homosexual union is an affront before their God don't use the state to coerce them through fines, loss of occupation, and jail time if they do not partake.

Religious persecution is real.

Spread the word, tell someone at your next gay wedding.

Wow that totally fits with the religious paradigm of basing a believe system on assumptions.

Here is the problem with assumptions they are not facts:

1. I'm not an atheist jerk, technically I would be an agnostic jerk. I have no idea what happens in the after life and don't lie to myself to think otherwise.

2. What does homosexuality have anything todo with this issue? Are gay people lining up on your door on weekends knocking to show you the way to ....?

Oh by the way before your Assumption fails you again, no I'm not gay but I'm not homophobic either.

3. Assumptions as proven by your post tend to make people look like an ... Well , I will let you take the liberty to make an assumption of yourself.

edit on 49430America/ChicagoThu, 02 Apr 2015 15:49:35 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Oh, and the last person that came to my door was a member of the Climate Change Church peddling some non-sense about mankind's industrial sins raising the ocean levels and starving California of rain.

Again another ASSumption.

Try to stick to the subject are scientist knocking on your door to inform you that its silly to base your believe system and life around assumptions?

So do you actually have a valid rebuttal as to why its Pompous of them,hypocritical and inconsiderate to do this as an uninvited guest at someone private residence?

Or you just going to try to derail the thread again on tangent points?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Damn Jehovas witnesses. My mother and aunt are Catholic and can't stand them. My Mom even slammed a door in their face once because they came to our house like 3 days in a row.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Jehovas witnesses

I have a neighbour and uncle that are JW, I wonder if they put me on their list ?

An interesting observation about JW is that they are not suppose to celebrate holidays, birthdays , etc so they don't attend birthdays,xmax, or any other type of celebrations . However, they sure do have a lot of get togethers to make up for those celebrations.

edit on 36430America/ChicagoThu, 02 Apr 2015 15:36:03 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join