It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't be a Religious Jerk and respect others, pass the word at your church.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't care what you believe in or worship whether its God,Satan, or even a Kardasian .

However, don't be an @hole and go to peoples home and try to convince them of your faith without being invited. I don't go to your Church and try to convince your people that your religion is really silly and there is no factual evidence to support any of it.

Just about every weekend in the morning the door bell rings, wakes me from my sleep, or stops me in the middle of doing something in the back yard to only see religious people at my door. Now I'm polite and I just simply tell them that I'm not interested , however these people are really inconsiderate @holes even if they think they are doing good.

I understand that they are only trying to save my soul and not get more members in the church to raise more money

However, I'm not asking to be saved , I didn't ask you to come to my house uninvited, If you really want to help people than go and donate your time in the weekend to help the homeless not people with homes. If I want to hear the word of God, I know that I can go to a Church I don't need to hear your B$.

So be polite and don't go knocking on peoples home to sell your Cr@p unless you have been invited.

You wan't to come over because you need assistance that’s fine and I will help as best as I can, but don't disrupt my day for a personal infomercial as a one on one advertisement .

Seriously, pass the word to your church and try to be considerate of peoples home and privacy. Those that don't go to church know were to find one, we don't need you to show up uninvited to tell us .

edit on 58331America/ChicagoSun, 29 Mar 2015 09:58:29 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thankfully they dnt do that much where I live they already know we're a lost cause lol!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

You are lucky, its really unbelievable how often it happens.

It use to be people selling you stuff but I can't remember the last time anyone came to sell me anything but religion.

Its gotten to the point that I thought about going to local Churches on Sunday after service and passing Anti God messages to the members to see their reaction and hypocrisy at full capacity.

Than ask why they think its ok to come to other peoples houses uninvited to pass their message. I wonder how many weekends of me doing that would it take for them to put a restrain order against me.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: robbeh

You are lucky, its really unbelievable how often it happens.

It use to be people selling you stuff but I can't remember the last time anyone came to sell me anything but religion.

Its gotten to the point that I thought about going to local Churches on Sunday after service and passing Anti God messages to the members to see their reaction and hypocrisy at full capacity.

Than ask why they think its ok to come to other peoples houses uninvited to pass their message. I wonder how many weekends of me doing that would it take for them to put a restrain order against me.
would u be fun to see there reaction they would have you locked up quicker than you could say jeebo wasn't real!!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

When that happens I just politely explain that their God is indeed a woman and indeed her name is Eris Kallisti Discordia.

If they do not repent I swiftly banish them to THUD. But its okay, I always serve hit chocolate and jelly doughnuts before I get my banishment on.

So they don't go on an empty stomach.

Hail Eris!

edit on Cam10Sunday2220152531Sun, 29 Mar 2015 10:22:25 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: vanish or banish, either is fine. all hail discordia.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Make a sign...put it up...and don't answer the door.

I live in a community where uninvited people cannot get through the front door; it is a blessing!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I lived in a large sub-division for years. That happened every weekend.... the door bell ringing that is. Everyone trying to sell me stuff. Magazines, Security Alarms, Lawn Services, windows, satellite TV, pest control, school fundraisers, etc.

A Big - NO SOLICITING sign took care of 90% of that. When they did continue to ring the bell, I would open the door a crack and point to the sign.

edit on 29-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

When that happens I just politely explain that their God is indeed a woman and indeed her name is Eris Kallisti Discordia

Yeah, I use to do that or say I believe in Satan but at the end it made no difference they just keep coming.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- The last guy rang the doorbell after I told Him "No, thanks" The One before that, 2 Women and 1 male holding a 'newborn' like a "shill". The One before that, told Me that I "had the chance" to be 1 of 144,000 'groups' that gets to sit in judgement of others ???

Did Your "solicitors" hand You a pamphlet with cartoon like pictures? I handed Mine to the 'newborn/shill' right after One of the Ladies asked Me "What kind of world do You want to leave for Her?'' as She pointed to the child. As I handed Her My new 'comic book' I said "I don't know Her but not ONLY for Her but for all humanity, I try to leave the course in better shape then what I found it in" and then added "I'd hope the parents thought those things out prior to bringing Her into this world, that isn't for Me to say/judge.." This of course eliminates Me from wanting to join any of 144,000 "groups" that get to sit next to God..

namaste

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Make a sign...put it up...and don't answer the door.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but it just erks me that people are so selfish or inconsiderate enough or lack the common courtesy to go to someone’s house uninvited to do a personal informercial.

Heck I don't even watch traditional tv any more because the Ads annoyed so much.

It should be illegal to solicit anyone in their home unless invited.

edit on 35331America/ChicagoSun, 29 Mar 2015 10:35:11 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I hear ya, too many religious folk are on their high horses because they believe in one God, messiah, spaghetti monster over another.

Get over yourselves. This goes double for all extremists.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I 100% agree. It is rude to interupt a mans weekend when
he' s spending it his way. The same with telemarketers who I
waste no time becoming rude with. The conversation goes
something like this.

Hello!

TM
"Good morning sir this is, you don't give a crap with
we like to bother you enterprizes. How are you today
sir?"

I was fine til you called me and interupted it. Let me ask you
something, How did you get my phone No.?

TM
"Oh I"

What I mean is did I give you my phone No.? Cause if I did I sure don't
remember doing so.

TM
"Well no sir I'

I didn't think so. So you just acquired my phone No. by any means
necessary and took it upon yourself to call me without being asked
to or given any indication that it would be alright? No invitation
what so ever and you take on good faith that i'm to stupid to
see how rude you are from the moment you lay eyes on my phone No.

TM
"Well yes, I mean no sir, I mean"

You know I have to wonder, if you somehow came in possession
of the key to my front door what would stop you from showing
up here and waltzing thru my front door?

" Oh now sir I would never"

Well why not? For me it's that exact same thing. Everything I've
seen from you so far says would walk in, grab a beer from the fridge
and start yaking in my ear about some bull#### I couldn't my first
days crap about?

TM
Click BZZZZZZZZZ!

if you get them to hang up they won't call you back.

Same principle applies.

edit on Ram32915v162015u58 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If they still knock, answer the door naked and in a satanic voice, say you worship Satan... They won't come back after that.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ways to prevent this:

- Have a BBQ apron that says "Satan loves you" next to the door so you can throw it on before you answer
- Get a doorbell that makes sexual moans when pushed
- Speak jibberish
- Try to faith heal them because "they look troubled"

I don't know. I always am very polite to them and don't ever mind them showing up. I normally have the opposite experience of others and never get the pushy ones who invite themselves in. They ask me if I've heard about their gods and I say "Yep, I'm very well versed in their gods" then they give me whatever it is they have in their hands regarding my salvation and that's it. Most of my religious (as in "witchy" stuff) isn't really in view of the doorway so it's not like I'm scaring them away. They are just always very considerate in that way.

I've never had the classic pushy church people experience I always hear about.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If they still knock, answer the door naked and in a satanic voice, say you worship Satan... They won't come back after that.

Perfect, I think I'm going to print that and put it up on the weekends.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I don't go to your Church and try to convince your people that your religion is really silly and there is no factual evidence to support any of it.

I see what you did there, or didn't and I'm experiencing reverse bigotry, lol.

If I want to hear the word of God, I know that I can go to a Church I don't need to hear your B$.

You don't even have to leave your house in todays world. God's on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TOR, you name it! There's a false prophet around every corner.

You want to come over because you need assistance that’s fine and I will help as best as I can, but don't disrupt my day for a personal infomercial as a one on one advertisement.

I always say, a good product sells itself. Why not stand outside the door of their church and pass out business cards with an ATS logo and web address?

Or tie a cross to some fishing line and cast it out near where they exit. Keep reeling it in when people try and pick it up. They will equate it with a religious experience and you might get some kicks.

edit on 29-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I always say, a good product sells itself.

LOL, exactly. I don't think God would need sales accountants.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more, I have so much interesting stuff going on that I don't have time for people who don't. The whole thing is just a generic thinking defect. I don't go around knocking on doors and saying hey, these Sumerian texts show pics of people l0ng ago with aliens and the double helix serpents stands for science and DNA, and then treat them like they are going to burn for not wanting to talk about it because they are in the middle of sex and know in my mind that I am superior because I inherited more of that DNA. I wish everyone could contain their certainty of life in their own imagination and not spread it unless someone asks them.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No , God just needs priests, clergy, the church, door to door people trying to get me to go to their church, fake tv evangelist, signs on the road like a restaurant with a daily special, crosses everywhere, a fake story about son that wasn't his, people to fight about him, definitely doesn't need to make a presence, EVER, needs propaganda books and magazines, needs all these different religions to fight about that stupid nonsense. If there is a "God", that God is probably pissed that people make big bucks off of him. Maybe God is sleeping like during Vietnam or the holocaust or 911 or that horrible plane crash last week.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Religion is like Amway...

The products are great. Their Salesmen are all screwed up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join