It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Russia’s Top-Secret Tank Leaked On The Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Not directed to the OP.. but to the 'discussion' that inevitably follows..

Some mornings I think it would be better if ww3 started...
...just so I wouldn't have to put up with these posts deteriorating into the usual pissing contest of 'our Military Industrial Complex' is superior to 'your MIC' etc etc... mostly based upon semi informed conjecture influenced by war mongering propaganda and deeply imprinted archetypes.

War is war. Killing is killing. Death is death.
You have a more effective killing machine... does that make you better person/ethnic group/race?
To quote iron Maiden's 2 minutes to midnite...

Kill for gain or shoot to maim
But we don't need a reason
The Golden Goose is on the loose
And never out of season
Some blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death.

[Chorus]
The killer's breed or the demon's seed,
The glamor, the fortune, the pain,
Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain,
But don't you pray for my soul anymore.
Two minutes to midnight
The hands that threaten doom.
Two minutes to midnight
To kill the unborn in the womb.

The blind men shout let the creatures out
We'll show the unbelievers
The napalm screams of human flames
Of a prime time Belsen feast, yeah!
As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy,
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.
[Chorus]
The body bags and little rags of children torn in two
And the jellied brains of those who remain to put the finger right on you.
As the madmen play on words and make us all dance to their song,
To the tune of starving millions to make a better kind of gun.

Wow... i feel i need to put flowers in my hair and sing kumbiah... thanks for that i feel better now....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Russia makes crappy tanks and then exports them. the last two russian killer tanks were export models. kind of like a yugo.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
With two crew,one being driver and the other TC/Gunner it looks like they are still relying on the autoloader system which has been the most vulnerable part of the T72/T80/T90 series.Having them in an up armoured capsule is a step up but unless they have figured out how to protect the onboard systems they will get a lot of immobility kills.They have also been using the main gun to fire Anti Armour missiles in previous generations so be interesting to see its capabilities.Mith the 155mm gun and long tube it looks like engagement ranges might be approaching the M1 / Leapord 2a6 and Challenger2 .

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its not American so it must be crap or copied or irrelevant, right?

The ignorance and arrogance displayed by such assumptions is truly astounding.

Not really nef. I think the new leopard would give a abrams and a t-90 a run for their money.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Is it just me or does the gun look small?

I believe the saying goes; It's the hammer behind the nail and not the size of the nail that counts

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It seemed awfully high profile to me...

Not like the Russian/Soviet tanks we've seen for the past sixty years, or so...

On the surface? It looks smaller than usual. It'll be interesting to see how capable it is. If they finish developing it, of course.

Given the level of graft, and other assorted issues within the Russian military acquisition process? That's not a given, at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
a reply to: MrSpad

Stolen and copied technology will never be as well built or as good as the stuff built by the people who designed it in the first place. Russia has a very long history not of innovating but of stealing tech and knocking out cheap copies.

I would say that this is not entirely true.

Russia has some very competent scientists.

especially ufimtsev

en.wikipedia.org...

who's work was used by lockheed to create the nighthawk.

I'm sure if we dug more we'd find some more notable exceptions.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

But you need to dig to find them, unlike with US or British kit where we can name lots and lots of things easily.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
a reply to: neformore

Well it truely will be something new if Russia has built something new, innovative and good quality all by themselves. Have they ever really? Be honest!

Yes, they have.

Just because people are not aware of it, or simply drink western propaganda, does not mean that they haven't.

The Soviet Union/Russia builds military equipment to last in extremely difficult and rugged conditions. Its stuff may not look pretty, but it works.

People cry "copy" when they see things because they simply are ignorant of the fact that in order to achieve certain things designers are constrained to exactly the same shapes/sizes/type of aerodynamics etc that western military companies are.

They also forget that Russia also has its own deep black programs and testing facilities.

As for whether MBT's are relevant, ask the US Army. It has over 8,000 of them, and I don't see them all getting scrapped.

It's also worth noting, that the USA/Western Powers/NATO has not engaged a modernised miltary opponent, with its own arms industry, training and indigenous designs since World War 2.

Every conflict where the USA/Western Powers/NATO has been up against Russian designed equipment, it has been 2-3 generations behind the top of the line stuff employed by the actual Russian military.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Knock out the satellites.. And then drive your drone here..

Apart from ground based missiles and particle beam weaponry taking sats out, i think several 'quiet' launches of many small (soda can sized) and simple magnesium flash mini-satellites (essentially free floating orbital grenades FOG) would blind military satellites long enough to overwhelm a target.

Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
To be honest that looks more like an answer to the new Chinese ZTQ Mountain Tank, than an MBT.

Would make sense the Russians would be looking to develop something smaller and more maneauverable than their MBTs for use in these 'mountain tank' type roles.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Tanks are so WW2.

Isn't it about time we started seeing Iron man style personal suits for the battle field of the 21st century?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

if the nails not big enough it won't hold sh@@.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

How about a 200 ft tall iron man that picks up tanks and throws them ( and hits the top of a mountain a few miles away...of course after he makes all the guys get out first ). A tank would love to shoot a man in an iron suit. You gotta have enough mass to make tanks ineffective. If we are going to dream let's dream BIG. Maybe if we are lucky that's what the Son's of God will be like....when they get here.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

The abrams IS getting a little dated. I would think the U.S army already has a replacement in the works?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Painterz

Tanks are so WW2.

Isn't it about time we started seeing Iron man style personal suits for the battle field of the 21st century?

Gundam wings or go home.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

As to the MBTs the Army wants to dump them for wheels but Congress has bought more that they said they didn't want.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

But THAT new "Armada" thingie in the recent nice picture is an AUTOMATED turret.
I would just wonder at it's maintainability and logistics vulnerability.
I keep remembering how NASTY that PT76 looked in the cold war GREENBOOKs that senior NCOs had ,they looked impressive ,then I saw the shoddy workmanship and how they were vulnerable to 50 cals they were. When I SEE one perform in battle THEN I will believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join