It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Russia’s Top-Secret Tank Leaked On The Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Wait… tanks are still important?

With drones now carrying competent tank-buster ordinance… um… why is anyone still making tanks?

Probably because Russia doesn't plan on attacking nations with competent air power.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: foxhound2459

A 12.5 mm turret-mounted heavy machine gun is reportedly capable of taking out incoming projectiles, such as anti-tank missiles. It’s capable of neutralizing shells approaching at speeds of up to 3,000 meters per second.

Really? Whoever is writing the Russian's press releases for this thing has been reading too much Hammer's Slammers and Bolo books.

So basically their tank has an on-board Phalanx system that's even more impressive than ours?

That's some lofty propaganda they're throwing out...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

With drones now carrying competent tank-buster ordinance… um… why is anyone still making tanks?

Take a good hard look just like I pointed out in another thread both east and west have military industrial complexes that have to produce just to keep economies afloat. War is an industry just like soft drinks or fast food.

Problem with that is large scale conflicts are on the decline something needed to be done......Cold war 2.0 was thought up I believe.
edit on 26-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Mostly because Russia is still making anti aircraft missles.

you do know those have a altitude requirement so if your drone is coming say 10 ft above the ground and avoiding objects in its flight path its much harder to hit with a missile.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The real problem with new Russian weapon systems is ever getting the built and built right. They design something great, the the stuff that ends up being made is nothing like it. Once the defense industry was gutted they not been able to produce things on time and with good quality. India says this is one of big reasons it is now buying advanced system from the US and West. Failure to deliver quality products in time or at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Mostly because Russia is still making anti aircraft missles.

you do know those have a altitude requirement so if your drone is coming say 10 ft above the ground and avoiding objects in its flight path its much harder to hit with a missile.

That's why cruise missles fly at low altitude. Drones usually loiter at higher altitudes to survey the battlefield better. That's why they use stealth tech.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Stolen and copied technology will never be as well built or as good as the stuff built by the people who designed it in the first place. Russia has a very long history not of innovating but of stealing tech and knocking out cheap copies.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Something to shoot anti tank ordinance at?
Because nothing is cooler than seeing a turret pop off and go in one direction while the engine goes in another?
Numbers of tanks are allowed for in arms treaties so they have to meet their quotas?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Tanks are to Russia what planes are to the USA and boats are to the UK

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I heard the 152mm gun wasn't ready...and I can't tell if that barrel is longer than normal. It does look crazy long.

The new tank looks pretty good to be honest. I'd like to see some gunner on top shooting down and RPG let alone a real anti-tank missile. That's just crazy. I'm sure it's got active defenses for anti-tank missiles though. Looks like a sensor cavity on the right rear just above the track.

Lots of pics on the net of these tanks already thou. Not sure if there is a vid of one before this.
edit on 26-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Video of Russia’s Top-Secret Tank Leaked On The Internet

from the oops dept.

those pesky cell phones are everywhere.

The article makes this sound like a tank that will give the M1 a run for it's money.

And with the proposed fleet of planes that will ferry some 400 tanks anywhere in about 7 hours. well that's crazy.

Russia’s brand new T-14 Armata tank was captured as it was being transported by rail to a range outside Moscow, which will only be officially unveiled in the Victory Day parade on May 9.

A video allegedly showing the Russian Federation’s new T-14 Armata main battle tank appeared on the Internet Monday. License plates in the video indicate that the footage was shot on the move to in Sverdlovsk region in the Russian Urals, reports Russia Today.

Doesn't matter how # it looks, if you can build them in numbers..........

Add ablative armour, armour piercing shells, modern targeting equipment - you have a winner.
Two or three of these attacking a NATO main battle tank will stop it in its tracks. (Crappy pun)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its not American so it must be crap or copied or irrelevant, right?

The ignorance and arrogance displayed by such assumptions is truly astounding.

edit on 26/3/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Well it truely will be something new if Russia has built something new, innovative and good quality all by themselves. Have they ever really? Be honest!
I wouldn't say I am overly pro-American either. A lot of American superiority comes through weight of numbers but their equipment is innovative and fairly good quality as well as thoroughly battle tested.
As for relevance the current feeling in Western forces is that the era of MBTs has passed, they are a relic of the mid 20th century so it cannot be called arrogant to question this new tanks relevance.
edit on 26-3-2015 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its not American so it must be crap or copied or irrelevant, right?

For the most part, yes.

The US spends more on defense than the next 8 highest spenders combined.

Aside from the money, the US has the brains and the production capability to develop the most advanced military equipment in the world.

Call it propaganda if you want but in this case, it's the truth.

edit on 3/26/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
Germany made the same bet you just did...in 1939.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You beat me to it.

You can make the best tank in the world.

But it wont stand a chance if a plane drops a bomb or missile on it.

NAZI Germany found that out.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: Answer
Germany made the same bet you just did...in 1939.

Apples to oranges, sir... apples to oranges.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Apples to oranges, sir... apples to oranges.

You are correct.

The technological gap between sides is substantially smaller today than it was in 1939.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
And here I was, hoping would be something like the Shagohod from MGS3 metalgear.wikia.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I can tell you from having watched the youtube videos of the T90 I was VERY impressed. I came away from it feeling that it's performance is every bit on par with ANY tank out there that we know of. In fact I felt that it's undercarriage performance was superior... As far as drones go...they are great for people that don't want to get their hands dirty or their heads blown off....but they're only as good as the signal that controls them is invulnerable to jamming. By the time you find out it's not...it's too late. America has been the big kid on the block for a long time now and if she doesn't atone for her mistakes she may be getting taught a very hard lesson.
edit on 26-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: add

edit on 26-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join