It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious bend in railway track alarms locals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: autopat51
these people need to go to railroad school.
ive never seen rails buckle like this from a hot day.

If you search for 'sun kinks' or 'heat kinks' plus 'cwr' you can see some similar images from around the world. It happens due to varying circumstances.

Since this is a new topic to me I actually did that by searching for "railroad sun kink" and what do you know lots of different images showing just that.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: autopat51

Depends on how far past the kink the end of rail is located. Most times the railroad will cut out the kinks and, depending on the ambient temperature, either fasten in a repair section or weld it in place.

these people need to go to railroad school.
ive never seen rails buckle like this from a hot day.

It happens.

What does this have to do with aliens?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Sun kinks have already caused more than 2,100 train derailments in the U.S. over the past 40 years, or about 50 derailments a year, on average.

Link

You think they would have figured it out by now. About a million dollars in damages per derailment.

LOL, I just realized the global warming spin on the article.

Global warming causes trains to derail. Every time a train derails, a polar bear dies!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I know where you were going but you get a whole host of other problems from jointed rail.

Still got a lot of creosote tie/joint rail around north Georgia, or at least it still was last time I paid attention to it. Used to walk old track looking for insulators as a kid.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, crazy stuff..I searched "sun kinks" and found simular but nothing spagetti'd quite like the India pics. I have welded for 15 years(self taught) but never seen any kind of warpage that extreme.. I understand this happens after the fact.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: canucks555

Supernatural does not equal UFO

Aliens does not equal UFO...The OP thinks aliens twisted up the tracks. I do agree this is posted in the wrong section.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

S&F for imagination and making me aware of how not to build a rail line.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Neat.

I found a comment on yahoo answers that said quarter mile sections of railing are stretched to offset the expansion..

So..maybe improper stretching?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sun kinks are not uncommon.

Nothing supernatural.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Someone needs to tell that train track to go home and sober up.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

that seems like alot of expansion to be caused just by heat.
and it will return when it cools off?

Good rail track can expand something like 2/100 in summer heat from room temp. So if you've got 100 meters of track secured at the ends, it'll lengthen 2 meters between going from spring to summer.

If this is made out of crap steel it can be a lot worse. So, yeah, it doesn't look impossible.

It may not return when it gets cool if it's bowed this much. You get work hardening at the flex points.

eta: the moral of the story: if you're using bad steel or wooden sleepers or you're not securing the track well, use expansion joints.

Dang you know you rails......I love ATS experts on virtually everything.....Bravo poster....Bravo

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
Bravo poster....Bravo

I was a train junkie as a kid.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Go home railway track...you're drunk.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am
Not sure I buy your explanation right away

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Supernatural does not equal UFO

Aliens does not equal UFO...The OP thinks aliens twisted up the tracks. I do agree this is posted in the wrong section.

Oh man, the OP I feel does not believe this was done by aliens, in fact reading canucks post i can clearly see, in my opinion anyway, it was written in jest.
Come on people, I mean seriously did the tongue poking out icon not give it away?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiverScuba3
I am
Not sure I buy your explanation right away

Yeah, becasue all the other pics linked in the thread are from supernatural casues as well.

What do you think casues welded rail to kink besides excessive heat?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I was a train junkie as a kid.

What kind of junkie are you now?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure there's no mystery to this at all, rail tracks warp and bend all the time.
I would be more inclined to believe this is the result of sudden temperature changes, probably combined with poor quality materials, and lower standards of installation and safety.

I certainly don't think it's at all likely that an alien race traveled millions of light years to mess with a train track in India.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hmmm unusual..

I would have thought the tracks can handle the heat,as this wouldn't be so unusual if it had happened before after all these years of the train industry.

I know the over head lines do contract and stretch depending on temperature,but this is all taken into consideration with counter balance weights that move with the tension,whether it is winter or summer.

Yes India is known to cut corners in its infrastructure,but even still they rely a lot on trains and I would imagine they have inherited much knowledge of the railway system from the British occupation.

So.. My theory? I may be wrong but I will go with tectonic plate movement,that is actually proven to be occurring and causing these kind of incidents and derailments globally (although the sleepers look in tact) The Indo Australian plate is indeed experiencing immense adjustments as the tsunami buoys are indicating and furthermore, data has been taken offline,which makes it clear that the cover up is still in full swing..

Here may well be your answer OP.

poleshift.ning.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join