It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what video game should I play?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can't figure out just what game I'd enjoy playing - There's aspects of one game I like, that I won't like in another. There's aspects I don't like in most games that I do like in just a few.... So here's a list of things I enjoy/don't - Let me know if you come up with a good type of game!

I like Diablo 2 LOD - Runewords and being godly was fun, I enjoy grinding if the game is right ( this one was! )
I like Sim Theme Park - The theme park simulation, customer satisfaction, profits, and goals were a great combo for me
I like Star Control 2 - Different alien races, gathering resources on planets, customizing your ship and space exploration
I like(d) World of Warcraft - Different challenges for all different people, different crafting professions, many different specs across various classes - It fits the play style of.. Well, let the subscription count talk.

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2,3 but not after nor before that. I enjoyed Halo Reach - both pvp, and things like waves of enemies, but nearly none of the others.

I dislike Skyrim mostly - It's the type of grinding I don't enjoy as much - There's parts I do enjoy about it, but overall, it's not my type.I love the different factions, and what not, but I feel Morrowind did this just as well or better than any following game.

I really liked Torchlight 1, but disliked something about torchlight 2. The simplicity of the first was amazing.

I liked Dungeon Defenders 1 - I played hundreds of hours putting together the right defense to complete a map, or as far as I could get.

In general, I like RPG,space exploration, dislike FPS, survival, creative games ( Hate minecraft/7 days to die ) - I enjoy resource management, but dislike most RTS games ( Starcraft was cool for a bit, but not long enough ) I also like playing solo, or having the option to. ( this takes away most MOBA games, for instance )

Anyways sorry if this post seems scattered - I can't really put my finger on what makes me enjoy a game, because it's all over the map, and not always consistent.

Any opinions?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Have you tried Star Wars: The Old Republic?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Might I suggest...

Minecraft?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I have not tried SWTOR - Though that's an MMORPG, right? I'd prefer something where I can experience end-game content solo.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

"In general, I like RPG,space exploration, dislike FPS, survival, creative games ( Hate minecraft/7 days to die )"

I hate that game xD tried it modded, tried vanilla - I'm not all that creative in gaming, prefer not to be.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Little Big Planet.

Omg that game is soooo fun, it has everything due to user created levels. Its the perfect game. 3 is out

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Both darkness games

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yea it's an mmo. Have you tried any of the Fallout games?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Aye, I don't have a Playstation - Though I've thought about getting it for current/future Final Fantasy/Kingdom hearts games.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Shelve your console, gather some friends and play some D&D!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Played Fallout New Vegas - It was somewhat my type of game, though I feel it was a bit too open of a world. A few steps away from the first town are guys that kill me and follow me, the difficulty/learning curve was not appealing - Though the general atmosphere and gameplay was fun enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I'm not creative
And I want to play something solo. I disliked D&D just because I can't wrap my head around the imaginary gameplay - Once Virtual Reality exists, though, count me in.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Wait to get a console until A. they come down in price, B. The game you want to play comes out. I got PS4 and barely use it because there just aren't many good games yet. Once Star Wars Battlefront comes out, I will likely play it more.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

New Vegas had a lot of mechanics that I didn't use (custom ammo, weapon mods, caravan). Fallout 3 was really good, but it has a fairly big world, so you may not like it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Path of Exile

Since you enjoyed Diablo.

It's free. Not any of that pay2win crap.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Aye, I don't have a Playstation - Though I've thought about getting it for current/future Final Fantasy/Kingdom hearts games.

My Dad bought a ps3 since we were traveling with ours when we visited because he only had the 360. Great game library for it but, when you want to play LBP you need LBP.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

With your list of things you like in a game, you pretty much described the Mass Effect series. If you dig them, that's three large games for you to get through.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I've tried path of exile - I guess I've gotten spoiled with today's graphics, in POE I feel like I am in fact a brick wall, wielding a brick wall, smashing brick walls, walking on a grid surface. It's just clunky as can be, I had some fun with it, but it just didn't.. Feel right, if that makes any sense at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Little Big Planet.

Omg that game is soooo fun, it has everything due to user created levels. Its the perfect game. 3 is out

I second this. It's especially fun if you have a wide age range in your family. My daughter and I can both genuinely enjoy it despite our gaming differences.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I'm not sure if I've tried Mass Effect yet - It does have an FPS element ( it looks like? ) Which is deterring compared to RPG choose your weapon and level up with it style - But I did very much enjoy Metroid ( snes ) and Metroid Prime - So space-faring rpg shooter game could be attractive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join