It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what video game should I play?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You liked Diablo? Divine Divinity was great and is bargain bin

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

As long as the story line and gameplay are good, dated graphics are easily overlooked.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

As long as the story line and gameplay are good, dated graphics are easily overlooked.

Yes, have you played TR 2013 too ?

It was much better as I expected, nice ongoing gameplay and there are times when you really feel like you`re in an action movie, like this...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I never really got into Tomb Raider which is odd since i have all 4 playstations lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I never really got into Tomb Raider which is odd since i have all 4 playstations lol.

I had a lot of fun playing it, and I was also a TR virgin before this one.

I haven`t been playing the latest PlayStation or XBOX yet, but all the consoles before that I have played, including "Pong."

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They all suck.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
- The Last of Us

(Action-adventure survival horror game. 3rd person style. Developed by Naughty Dog. Essentially, you're 20 years into a zombie apocalypse. I think it won game of the year by many gaming sites when it first came out, and then its remastered edition won game of the year again from many when it came out. This was the last game that came out to this date where I can actually say that it blew my mind.)

- Half-Life 2

(It is first person, but it's probably one of the best games ever made..... ever, even if it is a few years older than The Last of Us. Its predecessor was also probably one of the best games ever made, it literally won "Best PC game ever" by PC Gamer. Developed by Valve, HL 2 also won tons and tons of game of the year awards. I think it won Game of the Decade back in 2012 also.)

There's a few more games that have came out in the past few years that I think are pretty darn good (and a few early access games currently), but the above 2 are just amazing and have received praise from pretty much everywhere from everyone. Lately I've been playing Total War: Attila, but it's a genre that not everyone gets along with.
edit on 22-3-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You have an interesting taste in genres & games. I, personally, love the old school RPGS. Grindy but unique. I recommend Jade Cocoon (ps1) or Jade cocoon 2 (ps2).

I also recommend this thread for other old school games. Look up youtube vids of anything that sounds appealing to you. So easy to do research on games before deciding what seems a good fit for your current vibe.

Only read the OP, going through the 4 pages soon & I'll see if I have anything else to add.

I guess I should link the thread I reference, lol
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Diablo3RoS.

I have more than 500 hours on it.

NO!LEVEL!CAP!

Simple,brainless,uncomplicated grinding.I love it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If you like 4x at all, husband and I have been playing LAN Age of Wonders III. It has campaign, crafting, strategy, and turn-based tactical combat along with a little empire building and management.

It is PC though. I am also waiting for Stardock to finish up GalCiv III.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought I read OP doesn't enjoy complicated games.

That destroyed most of my suggestions, I mean normally cRPG games are somewhat complex unless they are total console-bastardizations.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's deceptively simple?

The base mechanics are relatively easy to pick up, but you keep discovering the little things as you go that make you say, "Well, shoot! If I'd noticed that earlier ..."

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

BTW I 2nd that AoW is a good game.

Waiting for GalCivIII to be complete as well, I bought the Early Access but I try to avoid playing it until its complete.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The Walking Dead storyline is pretty awesome. You make choices that effect gameplay and storyline outcomes. Pretty cool.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yes it was too small, sorry for the late reply my dongle ran out of data.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join