It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is to be awarded ..Man Of The Year..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
IMHO Burt Rutan & Spaceship One should have been the Man of The Year 2004.

But Khadaffi is a great runnerup:

for his remarkable achievement of using the war on terror as oppertunity to get himselve out of the axis-of-evil / Lockerbie corner, the man is a true survivor,

shakes hands with Blair and sign contracts with Shell about oildrilling in Libya, also Khadaffi often has a most peculiar taste for haute couture plus he want to buy english footballclub , that alone would should grant him the time frontpage.

Reminds me of:

Seems like evil is a relative term when you sign contracts with the right oil companies and weaponmanufacterers....

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

JAK

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Damn. I have seen this thread about for a while. I haven't looked at it because I wasn't interested.

I didn't think it would be that funny.

I say that because that was my honest opinion. I thought it was a joke.

....damn ...

Jack

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What do you expect when we have a representation of our people in the white house that has taken our country to the lowest leves in history.
And for Grady you side with him when he himself uses insults to intimidate members?
Humm I wonder who's agenda your post is following after all I see insults in your post as well I guess the insults are fine as long as it comes from your side.

If Bush was truely "bad" he wouldn't have gotten elected the second time would he? The majority decided that Bush was better suited to represent our country and you must respect that. Harping on about his shortcommings will not get you any where!
How can you say that our country has sunk to the lowest point when we are merely protecting our country from harm. We didn't call the hell that 9/11 was on ourselves- we are the victims of terrorism! Defending our land isn't wrong - it is our RIGHT! And Bush is doing that- as best as he can
The "barbarians" in the middle east might think we are interfering but in the future they will thank us for riding them from fundamentalism- we are doing their job for them ! They should thank us.
I haven't insulted anybody in my post-Their is no agenda!- I merely agree with Grady that the President should be addressed with some degree of dignity which the present group of Bush Bashers are lacking.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystrSynistr
Second post, and I already see you're quite the joke. Connecting our distaste for George Bush somehow makes us anti-american. Good tactic, only problem is only you NeoCons will fall for it.

What YOU see NOBODY cares! Neither with your distaste- But the wild slander that plagues this thread is most appalling . Everybody has a right to their own opinion and likes- I respect that but when people spread slander to discredit an elected representative especially the President they not only discredit an individual they discredit an entire majority that he represents! If he were merely another senator then I'd say -Be my Guest!- but he is for better or for worse our President and spreading baseless rumors is definitely reprehensible!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
When they were asking him questions, he would look down and almost mouth out the questions as they were being asked (while he was reading them).....sad and pathetic all rolled into one. Person of the year for being the biggest fool in this year is all I have to say.

You still haven�t been able to come to terms with the election have you?
Do you have any proof of this? I've seen that program and he bent down only once- maybe he was tired, but how can you say that he was reading the questions aloud-that's ridiculous? If he truly was then every press reporter there would easily have known that and it would be Front-page news! No such thing happened and it is merely your imagination that is playing tricks.

From your post I see that you are deeply conceited, maybe you think that Bush bashing is a very intellectual exercise but it only exhibits immaturity!

And no I am neither Democrat nor Liberal so go name call somewhere else. By the way.....people who question the President (any president) and his administration are the TRUE patriots!!!!!

Yeah sure! you just slander people irrespective of their political allegiance, very venerable indeed!

BTW you don't seem to know the meaning of a PATRIOT, let me enlighten you:

1)From Merriam- Webster's Dictionary:
Main Entry: pa�tri�ot
Pronunciation: 'pA-trE-&t, -"�t, chiefly British 'pa-trE-&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota, from Greek patriOtEs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patEr father
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests
www.m-w.com...

2)From Dictionary.com
pa�tri�ot Audio pronunciation of "patriot" ( P ) (ptr-t, -t)n.
One who loves, supports, and defends one's country.
dictionary.reference.com...

As you can see your post beyond doubt doesn't show any"..love, support.."
nor does it "supports its authority and interests "
Infact your post only spreads "hate," and " opposes the authority and interests " of the country. So you can in no moral sense call yourself Patriotic with the Slander you have just posted .

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Neo-Cons..Cons alright!!....let's see.
In the past few decades a new breed of politicians, media talking heads and other elites have taken control of mainstream opinion. Some call themselves "neoliberals" and others call themselves "neoconservatives". They are in most political parties and will make any promise to get power. They say buzzwords and make promises about "families" and "values" and "development" but they only care about power for the sake of power. They are not conservative, they are not liberal, they are simply NEO.

What are the neo policies and their effects?
Policies and effects:
Cut Spending on health, education, etc.
Increased school fees force parents to pull children--usually girls--from school. Literacy rates go down.
Poorly-educated generation not equipped for skilled jobs.
Higher fees for medical service mean less treatment, more suffering, needless deaths.
Poor women, already overworked, must provide healthcare and caretaking for family members.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Shrink Government:
Less enforcement of labor, environmental, and financial laws.
Sudden, massive government layoffs fill the labor market, make more people compete for the same number of jobes, makes people desperate to work at any wage
Increase Interest Rates:
More money for wealthy investors. When a country lowers interest rates investors will find it a profitable place to park cash, though they may pull it out at any moment
Small farmers and businesses can't get loans to stay afloat. Workers cannot get morgages or borrow money, slowing down the economy.
Eliminate Regulations on Foreign Ownership of Resources and Businesses
Multinational corporations can buy local industries easily.
Countries compete for foreign investment by offering tax breaks, low wages, free trade zones, and promise not to enforce democratically-created labor and environmental laws. (race to the bottom.)
Eliminate Tariffs:
Makes luxury items cheaper for those in the country, rich can splurge more and invest less.
Leads to closure of businesses and layoffs.
Cut Subsidies for Basic Goods: Reduce government support to reduced cost of bread, transportation, etc.
Raises cost of food and items needed to survive, making workers more desperate to work under any conditions.
Poor instantly become much poorer, leading to riots. Just imagine what you would do if you saw food prices rise 75% in 3 days, as they did in Indonesia under "reform".

Re-orient Economies from Subsistence to Exports:
Give incentives for farmers to produce cash crops (coffee, cotton, etc.) for rich nations instead of food for the poor nations, encourage low-pay, low-skill manufacturing to send to rich nations, instead of developing and training poor nations. Encourage mining, drilling, clearcutting, and other displacing, destructive exploitation that helps rich nations but does nothing to develop poor ones.
Produces hard currency to give rich their interest payments .
Already overworked women often have to gather food for family while men work for cash.
Monoculture Diversity and creativity are just too innefficient for neos.

Loss of democracy
All of these policies are unpopular, so opposition has to be crushed. In wealthy nations corporations "shout down" debate by spending millions and millions of dollars on propaganda to sell neoims via Public Relations firms, think tanks (whos reports are always found worthy of publishing - by corporate-owned media), advertising, and lobbying and bribing politicians. In Canada, the leading think tank is the Frasier Institute, which produces wisdom like: "We must cast away the myth that popular elections are...leading to an improvement in the freedom of Canadians" People unlikely to vote for neos (such as blacks in Floridia) are taken off voter lists and disenfranchised in other ways. Protestors are arrested en masse and freed after they have been photographed and identified - so that they can all be rounded up later, when an excuse is found.
Double standard Justice
While neoism imposes LAW on the poor, neos insist that corporations should be able to write their own "guidelines".
For example, Charlotte Observer Page 17A November 22, 1996:
"Don't deny indigent children legitimate labor
...Many manufacturers want to use foreign subcontractors, but they don't want to exploit children." Why they want higher labor costs is not explained. "They are trying to develop reasonable guidelines for doing business. Labor leaders and child advocates should not sabotage such efforts by demanding that the United Nations and U.S. companies set standards higher than other countries."
Not practicing what they preach
The effects of neoism are biggest in poor nations, because neos tend not to practise what they preach.
For example UNCTAD estimated that the rich nations that promote neoism spend nearly a billion dollars a day on subsidies to agriculture, most of which goes to rich agribusiness corporations. These corporations then use this money to bribe politicians to urge the third world to cut subsidies. Since the Uruguay round, farm subsidies in rich nations have actually increased.
Oxfam, the British-based anti-hunger network, notes that while the average tarrif in rich nations is 5%, goods from poor nations are 300% more likely to be hit by tarrifs over 15%...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by marg6043
What do you expect when we have a representation of our people in the white house that has taken our country to the lowest leves in history.
And for Grady you side with him when he himself uses insults to intimidate members?
Humm I wonder who's agenda your post is following after all I see insults in your post as well I guess the insults are fine as long as it comes from your side.

If Bush was truely "bad" he wouldn't have gotten elected the second time would he? The majority decided that Bush was better suited to represent our country and you must respect that. Harping on about his shortcommings will not get you any where!
How can you say that our country has sunk to the lowest point when we are merely protecting our country from harm. We didn't call the hell that 9/11 was on ourselves- we are the victims of terrorism! Defending our land isn't wrong - it is our RIGHT! And Bush is doing that- as best as he can
The "barbarians" in the middle east might think we are interfering but in the future they will thank us for riding them from fundamentalism- we are doing their job for them ! They should thank us.
I haven't insulted anybody in my post-Their is no agenda!- I merely agree with Grady that the President should be addressed with some degree of dignity which the present group of Bush Bashers are lacking.

You're not serious are you?

(Anyone who actually read the report as to why Bush is Man of the Year would realize they're being condescending.)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by MystrSynistr
Second post, and I already see you're quite the joke. Connecting our distaste for George Bush somehow makes us anti-american. Good tactic, only problem is only you NeoCons will fall for it.

What YOU see NOBODY cares! Neither with your distaste- But the wild slander that plagues this thread is most appalling . Everybody has a right to their own opinion and likes- I respect that but when people spread slander to discredit an elected representative especially the President they not only discredit an individual they discredit an entire majority that he represents! If he were merely another senator then I'd say -Be my Guest!- but he is for better or for worse our President and spreading baseless rumors is definitely reprehensible!

Where is this "slander"? The only slander committed is the lies and deciet that Gee-Dub has YOU currently believing. If the bold and in your face lies directly on TV to you don't sway your position on how you judge the President, or perhaps his un-educated patronzing tone and speech during the Debates, or perhaps his "Bushism" quotes that 70% of the time he speaks make no sense or give way to how he's lying to you, then you'll never see. Yes, he is our President. And in America we have the right to be appauled by it. Should all of us be irate and ashamed he leads this great country? NO DOUBT. Are we? NO. For some odd reason, facts no longer matter. As long as G.W. SAYS what we want to hear, even if he does the opposite or the subject he talks of DOESN'T exist, we are "PA-TRI-OTS" and we stand behind him. He was elected, now we must just blindly go along with him. Could that relate to how you live your life currently? Now that is just an assumption and opinion on my part. I fear it rings true.

So we can conclude the rumor about you being ill-informed, ignorant, and intolerant is true. That is not slander. It's just you.

kix

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
GWB man of the year.....the red socks won?

if this is posible maybe Osama bin Laden will win the Nobel PEACE prize.....

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I know it's been stated many times what the Person of the Year award is, and how it's not always a good thing.

......so why is this thread still going on???

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
Time magazine is to award president Bush for the Man Of the Year award..

More
to come ...

Yeah, he got the award. Just like Hitler

Pretty soon, they'll realize he's a horrible leader. Just like Hitler

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join