It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is to be awarded ..Man Of The Year..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Does anybody think this may have been forcibly encouraged by members of the administration? I know its a small conspiracy, but it would not surprise me. Media manipulation and all that.

Public Opinion is what matters and History is written' by the winners......so it seems that someone is trying to squeeze in some positive junk to distract from the mess he and his administration made.

This world confounds me.....

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
BTW.
It's PERSON of the year.
And the fact that people talk about him ALL THE TIME.
Either negatively, or positively. Means he earned the cover.
It has NOTHING to do with whether you like, or dislike him.

Keep talking about him, and he'll be on the cover next year too. GET IT?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
BTW.
It's PERSON of the year.
And the fact that people talk about him ALL THE TIME.
Either negatively, or positively. Means he earned the cover.
It has NOTHING to do with whether you like, or dislike him.

Keep talking about him, and he'll be on the cover next year too. GET IT?

Do you suggest we ignore a man who not only has the power to shift our society but has proven inept at it?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Memory shock..

No..not at all..
I do expect people to not act SO SHOCKED, at the results of their own actions.
GWB is obviously on lots of people minds. So he makes the cover.
I just don't think it's a big deal..

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Puerto Rico is a territory. I'm not sure what status that gives its citizens, but if marg is so unhappy, that would be a start. If Puerto Rico is too American, there's always Cuba's utopian society.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The citizens of Puerto Rico are American Citizens, Grady.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Puerto Rico is a territory. I'm not sure what status that gives its citizens, but if marg is so unhappy, that would be a start. If Puerto Rico is too American, there's always Cuba's utopian society.

Humm, I guess the insults will keep flying around here after all, by the way Grady we are going to share US you like it or not, and I thing Dg will not find the comment about Cuba to lightly after all she is Cuban and against Bush.

So Grady what you going to do with us poor ladies here that are anti-bush now.

Well grady we hispanic women have a mind of our own, perhaps we should be in the first page of Time magazine instead of Bush.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You will do what you will, but you could show show some character, put the election season rhetoric away and show some respect for the office of the Presidency. Perhaps they don't teach that where you come from, but we call it breeding.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You will do what you will, but you could show show some character, put the election season rhetoric away and show some respect for the office of the Presidency. Perhaps they don't teach that where you come from, but we call it breeding.

Sorry Grady but more insult will not change the fact that our "president" does not merit with its actions any respect from me, and you with your insults does not merit any either.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Breeding- please, you, who doesnt let up with your in-your-face-posts about how the great Bush won the elections

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It is not an insult to request that one exhibit some dignity. George W. Bush is the duly elected President of the United States. The time for divisiveness has passed. Get with the program.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If bush got man of the year....christ....I must be inhuman or something

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subscorpion
If bush got man of the year...I must be inhuman or something

Well, according to your user name, you're lower than a scorpion, but fear not, there are many purported non-humans here.

[edit on 04/12/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
my username is an oldschool one...when i was into mortal kombat...scorpion and subzero...making subscorpion :-P

LOL well im glad im not the only inhuman person here

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, according to your user name, you're lower than a scorpion, but fear not, there are many purported non-humans here.

Grady fills his lungs with marijuana!

Sorry had to do that =P ... no offense bro!

Bush is nothing ... Rumsfeld , Cheney , Wolfowitz , etc... are the real deal.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Weather you like Bush or not, Time magazine has every right to say he is man of the year.
This is not the same thing as saying he is a great guy/president.
It is mearly an acknowlegment of his INFLUENCE on the nation/world.
There is little doubght, one way or the other, that President Bush has had a huge impact both here and abroad.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
CazMedia

Logic and irrefutable evidence will get you nowhere in this thread. Bitterness and histrionics reign supreme here. And don't you forget it.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I thing Dg will not find the comment about Cuba to lightly after all she is Cuban and against Bush.

I have never met a Cuban who had anything good to say about Castro, even those scumbags he sent the US in the marielito boat lift. The sanctions against Cuba have been kept in place, in no small measure, by Cuban influence. I can see that dgtempe might disagree with the vast majority of Cuban ex-patriots. Most to of them despise the American left.

I helped to put one of those mariolito's in prison a couple of years ago, a fact from which I derive much satisfaction.

[edit on 04/12/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

As others have pointed out, you don't have to be a saint to be Time's Man/Person of the Year. Whether you like Bush or not, he's the President of the most powerful nation in the world.

Infinite, your description of our President offends me. If you don't like our President, stay on your side of the Atlantic.

Marg, if America offends you so much, what's keeping you here? I've been to Puerto Rico quite a few times. The weather is mostly good and the beer is cheap, not to mention other pleasures of the flesh.

Collectively, you Bush-bashers wouldn't amount to a pimple on the behind of the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America.

Woo HOO !! now hold your horses there bulldog....
Firstly this side of the Atlantic We Will STAY.....Thank You very much.. Tell Your 'Holy Man' to stay on his....
Puerto Rico...Ya!....Beer..Sex..and Sun....Pleasures of the Heart,if it's Ok. with You..and if this is so shocking to you..why did you bother going there in the first place....To Preach Your 'Bible'...DON't Get Me started over the church and their Sexual outrages Abuses...TrUST ME..You Don't want to do that.....I will create a special thread for Just That If you wish and We can Take it from..There...Sir....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Bulldog...Feast Your Eyes On This..Your Holiness...is my wreacklesness....
www.rickross.com... 1.

www.meaning.ca... 2.

www.americancatholic.org... 3.

www.ventriglialaw.com... 4.

Enough.??....

We Who do it on the beach have no doupt it's as good as peach..
Them Who do it in Church have no right to preach...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join