It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is to be awarded ..Man Of The Year..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Does it sound like that statement belongs in 1984
Bush man of the year why do I choke when that passes through my mind. This is the cover I would like to see

[edit on 19/12/2004 by Sauron]

I second that! Amp on the man of the year award. How many Americans have died now in Iraq? How many innocent Iraqi's have been killed? Kidnappings and beheadings of Americans were not happening like this before the invasion of Iraq. Man of the year...amp!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Of course it was said in the article but...

When past winners include Adolf Hitler and Uncle Joe Stalin, how much credibility can "Person (formerly Man!) of the Year" have?

I like the way they've adjusted their criteria to be a positive or negative impact, backpedalling over previous choices nicely. Surely being Person of the Year can only be awarded to someone who contributed to, not took away from, the continued development of society.

Hell, why not make little Johnny Wayward Man of the Year, he's won more elections that W, presided over a better economy than W, trampled on more rights than W and his two major interventions have been far greater unqualified successes, ETimor and the Solomons.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Time Pictures Year 2004... www.time.com...

People That Mattered..www.time.com...

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Horus_Re
Your Thread I am sorry to say has become a Den of slander and anti-American propaganda by degenerate Democrats. The spite and malice in their tones is clearly a sign that they as Americans are unfit to reside in this great country as they disrespect their own country .
I apologize for going off topic but the anti-America sentiment on this thread is appalling!
I am sure most of you liberals out there think that by spreading more of your hate propaganda you can somehow turn the results of the election around- Wake up ! You have lost and you have to live with that. Spreading anti-American propaganda about Bush won't help improve your already FALLEN standing as a credible political representation of the people.
By discrediting Our President [whom most of you think as Satanic] is equal to discredit your own country and it is you patriotic duty to support your country and the man that represents it but you "liberal" duty seems to be one of propagating hate and mistrust of the President. If were in a state of war all of you could be arrested and tried for treason!
I am sure the "liberal" way considers morals, patriotism , unity as a thing of the past and has accustomed itself to use hate propaganda and misinformation as a tool to spread lies and instability in the country.

TIME magazine has every right to call Bush the Man of the Year. Why not?
His standing in the world has shown that all the freedom loving people of this world must unite and rid the world of the plague that is terrorism. It was during his tenure that the world has truly awoken to the menace that is Terrorism.
I agree with GradyPhilpott that all the Bush bashers on this thread must conform to some sense of dignity and civility while addressing the president and spare us the unwanted and tendentious comments!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The quality of the magazine is second only to the quality of the man they've chosen to put on their cover....

[edit on 12/21/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One thing is for sure. If this is the viewpoint of the people running Time magazine then it is one that I do not wish to poison myself with. Shame on you Time.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I agree with GradyPhilpott that all the Bush bashers on this thread must conform to some sense of dignity and civility while addressing the president and spare us the unwanted and tendentious comments!

What do you expect when we have a representation of our people in the white house that has taken our country to the lowest leves in history.

And for Grady you side with him when he himself uses insults to intimidate members?

Humm I wonder who's agenda your post is following after all I see insults in your post as well I guess the insults are fine as long as it comes from your side.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Horus_Re
Your Thread I am sorry to say has become a Den of slander and anti-American propaganda by degenerate Democrats. The spite and malice in their tones is clearly a sign that they as Americans are unfit to reside in this great country as they disrespect their own country .
I apologize for going off topic but the anti-America sentiment on this thread is appalling!
I am sure most of you liberals out there think that by spreading more of your hate propaganda you can somehow turn the results of the election around- Wake up ! You have lost and you have to live with that. Spreading anti-American propaganda about Bush won't help improve your already FALLEN standing as a credible political representation of the people.
By discrediting Our President [whom most of you think as Satanic] is equal to discredit your own country and it is you patriotic duty to support your country and the man that represents it but you "liberal" duty seems to be one of propagating hate and mistrust of the President. If were in a state of war all of you could be arrested and tried for treason!
I am sure the "liberal" way considers morals, patriotism , unity as a thing of the past and has accustomed itself to use hate propaganda and misinformation as a tool to spread lies and instability in the country.

His standing in the world has shown that all the freedom loving people of this world must unite and rid the world of the plague that is terrorism. It was during his tenure that the world has truly awoken to the menace that is Terrorism.

Second post, and I already see you're quite the joke. Connecting our distaste for George Bush somehow makes us anti-american. Good tactic, only problem is only you NeoCons will fall for it.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
wasn't going to reply to this thread... but what the heck..

Way to go, President Bush

4 more years of continued success, I look forward to having you as our leader !!!

psssst, any chance that Jeb will run in 08, I'd vote for him

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If you look through the list of every person they've picked then you see a pattern emerge very quickly.

They always pick the sitting President. Go look at the list.

Person of the Year is not always complimentary, it reflects the person that has changed or impacted the way we live significantly within the past year.

Who else would it be?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Person of the Year is not always complimentary, it reflects the person that has changed or impacted the way we live significantly within the past year.

Who else would it be?

An interesting point...and one that saves my sanity....thanks for that.

I'm still in awe that our representative to the world is borderline retarded.... The man is supposedly an ivy league graduate but can't even string a simple sentence together....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Who else would it be?

An interesting point...and one that saves my sanity....thanks for that.

I'm still in awe that our representative to the world is borderline retarded.... The man is supposedly an ivy league graduate but can't even string a simple sentence together....

Exactly Gaz.....BTW....anyone watch him last night on CNN (I think)? You could totally tell that he was reading the questions given to him and reading the answers. There was one time when he even stumbled on the words that were written for him and couldn't get it out...so he improvised (you all know how that goes). I was like "get it out shrub....you CAN read can't you).

When they were asking him questions, he would look down and almost mouth out the questions as they were being asked (while he was reading them).....sad and pathetic all rolled into one. Person of the year for being the biggest fool in this year is all I have to say.

And no I am neither Democrat nor Liberal so go name call somewhere else. By the way.....people who question the President (any president) and his administration are the TRUE patriots!!!!!

edit: spelling

[edit on 21-12-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Horus_Re

As I said befor this was not the intention of the thread,however it was well about the fact that no matter how many people are annoyed with Bush all over the world not just in the U.S. he still makes it as person of the year.
O.K. I know the criteria and all,but some thing tells me this was intentional.Meaning...Bush beats Moore,his most outspoken enemy and third place you get Passion...Christ... not Mel Gibson.. Now that's some serious propaganda.
Someone said that Bush had a share in ownership in Time magazine.
Everyone has the right to express their own Ideas,that's what makes America great,a free country...If you start telling people who don't agree with you're vision and saying that they should'nt be in the country to begine with..than what's the whole point in Democracy in the first place.If you can't practice it in your own home how can you go and preach it and enforce it in someone else's home..
Being Patriot means voicing your opinions about the direction the current goverment is on,and if that's not O.K. than it's your duty to put pressure to bring about changes for the Better...Imagine everybody agreed with whatever their goverment did or could'nt voice their opinions out of fear of descrimination...That's Dictatorship...that's why You went to War and brought down Saddam...
My advice to you is to lighten up and don't take it personal and make Ultimate judgements about others that look at life through another set of eyes besides your own...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wolfofwar says:

"come on guys, everybody knows Bush is a reptoid thats all part of the giant Illuminati Krispee Kreme Koverup."

Get your facts straight, wolfofwar. it's the "Gant Illuminati Krispee Kreme Khemtrail Koverup".

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Mac Merdin ..I saw the speach,Well we had the honor of listening once more to the master of manipulatory interviewing.His talent in answering a question with another question thereby diverting and confusing everyone including himself..
Charlie Chaplin made more sence in his silent movies..Was this address meant to cover the Economic prospects of present American budget ??.... I did'nt hear the whole thing,but from what I did there was little talk about any fundemental changes towards improoving the economy or streangthening of the dollar.

Shocking competitors and awing fans, President George W. Bush successfully orated a speech today and did not include notorious "Bushisms," his garbling of common words and phrases. "I was very pleased with how well President Bush handled his speech," reports Elaine Bradley, one of Bush's speech writers. "I told him a trick I learnt in grade four: breathe deeply, speak slowly, and guide your finger under the words to help you read better." The advice apparently worked: there were no flubs in Bush's grammar, syntax, or body language....

When asked to comment on his superb delivery, Bush burbled, "This is the dawning of a new era! In all of my four years of presidency, I had not felt more secure and comfortable up at the podium.
The speech was brilliantly written for starters, the crowd was right, and everything just felt great. Plus, I tried a trick daddy [former President George Bush] used to use: imagine the crowd in their underwear.

It worked a little too well, though: I almost started giggling, thinking of all those men and women sitting down, listen to me talk, all in their under things! But rest assured: this winning streak with speeches and English in general is far from over. I think it's safe to say John Kerry, Al Gore, my English teachers, they all misunderestimated me. Ah, ." ...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm unaware of the Krispy Kreme conspiracy...

DAMN!!! I knew those things were too good to be true!!! Once, when my car was broken down, I rode a bike for miles to get to the nearest Hess station for some Chocolate Glazed donuts,

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is what should have been on the front page of Time..
They're All the fallen Soldiers in Iraq so far...R.I.P...

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
And no I am neither Democrat nor Liberal so go name call somewhere else. By the way.....people who question the President (any president) and his administration are the TRUE patriots!!!!!

Thanks, MacMerdin, for that quote, I am starting to question our rights with some many people that care less what our Constitution stands for.

I guess anybody that thinks that question the government that is supposed to be for the people and by the people don't really give a dime as why the constitution stands for after all.

!!!!!!!!Its our constitutional right to question the government and our leaders after all we elected them!!!!!!!!!! Right?

And hey, let him be on time magazine, I will not spend a dime on it anyway or will lose any sleep.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
!!!!!!!!Its our constitutional right to question the government and our ladders after all we elected them!!!!!!!!!! Right?

We can elect ladders now?

What kind of campaign do they run on?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by marg6043
!!!!!!!!Its our constitutional right to question the government and our leaders after all we elected them!!!!!!!!!! Right?

We can elect ladders now?

What kind of campaign do they run on?

Hey I am throwing the towel now you know I give up, let him have the moment of glory.

And by the way he spelling "discrepancies" does not bother me at all.

So I am Spanish and darn proud of it too.

By the way how many languages can you speak?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join