It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we evolve to be like the greys!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Time travels? Impossible! But we evolve into Greys? Maybe.

But then how can we be fixing ourselves with our own DNA to make a highbrid if we earent evolved yet nd time travel is out of the question.

But is time travel out of question? Would need insane amounts of energy and sevral paradox ideaq mean that we wouldn't no anything about it and the such because we're them and they're us and my heads spinning now!!!!

But what if the travel didnt take part in a dimension of time or space? A place like a worm hole (thats the space at the end of a black hole) for instance could, assuming they exist be used.

Thats assumeing that we had access to a worm hole but isn't their a giant black hole at the center of our galaxy, hence the spinning motion of it? But if so how long would it take to travel to the center of our own galaxy or even another black just a little way a way. Would that be possible? As it has been theorised that the closer you get to a black hole the slower time goes.

And what about the space between galaxys whats between there. Is it just emptyness?

Talk about asking more question than you answer!

That enough to make youre eyes pop out.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by shorty]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
so we as a whole have became one nation its easy to cross continents now and becuse of this we have became more intelligent by trading ideas now it leaves us with two facts:

physically weaker

more intelligent

so where will this leave us in the future of our evolution well some therorists think that we will lose our bodies and become pure energy but i think we will end up looking somthing like the greys with more access to parts of the brain

whats your ideas on this?

Yes, yes, no, maybe, in dunno, sometimes it itches, sometimes it doesn't.

But seriously? I am a semi-subscriber to this theory. Maybe they are us? Maybe they created us? Maybe they want our brains? We don't really know for sure. We can only speculate.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by satchbfoot]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
these are great ideas guys im just doing a new post on how man could survive in the vacume of space in science and technology keep them coming!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I saw an episode of Strange but True regarding Time Lapses. A group of friends found themselves staying at a Hotel in France which had a distinct 1900's theme and only cost them 9 Franks to stay for 2 days. Later when they tried to find it there was no trace of it except a ruin. They also took photographs of the hotel but they couldn't be developed. Now if that time lapse theory were to be true, you could speculate that greys are in fact an evolved form of humans from the future who are experiencing a similar time lapse. Therefore when you encounter a grey, you are seeing a human decendant in a different time period but in the same area of space, much like the claimed experience in France.
I don't personally believe in this but it's just another theory to throw into the mix.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

just to clarify I actually meant "time slip" not time lapse. sorry it was late.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There's no real reason to assume we'll evolve to be smarter and weaker simply because of the way the world has changed. It's true that we adapt to our environment, but only insofar as the adaptations give us a survival advantage - which just means the likelihood of us breeding and passing on those genes.

There are still going to be 'strong' people born. Whether they need that strength in their day-to-day life is not massively important. What matters is whether they have children or not.

In other words, the scenario will basically only come to pass if 'naturally' weak and smart people start having loads more children than the dumb but strong types. I don't know if you've been to a nightclub lately, but in my experience it isn't happening yet.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by damagedoor]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by klain

Greys may well be our descendents returning to check us out. To be honest I've always believed they look quite asian looking particularly Chinese. China's got a massive population so the future humans may well take on their features. It's something with the eyes.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm just throwing this out there, and I'm not sure if its been touched upon, but it was my theory that greys were more "fragile" because their planet has a lighter gravitational pull. Possibly, they live on a small planet or a moon....maybe even our moon.

I don't know for sure, but thats what I always theorized on.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would imagine that anything that exists with the supposed tech advances like the greys may have, that they would be able to clone/create themselves in any manner that they choose. Based on the personal accounts of those who have come in contact with greys, the sexual organs were non-existant, so breeding the way we do now is probably not normal way they reproduce. Perhaps they are cloned in the most efficient form that thier world deems necessary.

Even in our present times we are close to or are already able to breed our baby's to choose a variety of features that they will have when they grow up. I think the term "designer babies" comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

If they are indeed travelling back in time from lets say 500 thousand years in the future they would also have to travel the distance our solar system moves PLUS the distance our galaxy moves in 500 thousand years. So Id say its more likely they are coming from another world if they are real.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I would imagine that anything that exists with the supposed tech advances like the greys may have, that they would be able to clone/create themselves in any manner that they choose. ... Perhaps they are cloned in the most efficient form that thier world deems necessary.

Assuming greys exist, for the sake of argument, both of these things are very likely to be true.

However, I can't see any reasonable course of circumstances that would cause us to evolve to be like them. The biologist Steve Jones caused a minor stir recently by commenting along the lines of human evolution being effectively over, and he has a real point. Most people, regardless of how 'fit' they are in terms of traditional natural selection, get to pass on their genes.

Even if designer babies become a reality - I suspect they will eventually, but there are hurdles - it seems hard to imagine someone requesting a grey. Physical strength will always be desirable, because ... well, why not? Plus big brains = big heads. You would want a strong body to stop a big head from crippling your kid.

From everything I've read about greys, it's probably best not to think of them in terms of physical evolution. I don't see how they can look the way they do and do the things they're supposed to while still realistically talking about biology.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh no I don't want us to look like grey aliens!

They just aren't as cute as we are now...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have enjoyed,very much,reading peoples thoughts on this subject. There are however some comments I would like to make. Anything and everything is possible and nothing can be ruled out. I belive the driving force of our evolution is our imagination and always has been. In terms of technological advancement the years to come will see man do things we would today struggle to believe, because we can't imagine it! Lets say we went back in time just 200 years(a blink in time),how would you explain the mobile phone or sending a probe to Mars? The only reason some things seem impossible at the moment (e.g Human teleportation) is not because they are unachievable but because we don't know how to do it. We may think we are advanced at the moment but in the scheme of things I don't think we've invented the wheel yet.

Juan-manuel

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

No no no, this entire topic is BS. Evolution doesnt just come as a result of time, so saying someone is X years more evolved then us is pure bunk.

Evolution happens as the result of selective pressure placed on an organism by its environment combined with the fact that organisms reproduce with genetic variance, some of these variations allow an organism to better survive and thus pass on its genes, also reproducing with variance, but its driven by natural selection. For humans to become like
"the greys" there would have to be environmental factors driving selective process. You dont just say humanity evolving for x time = super humans it doesnt work that way
With modern medicine, cities, civilization, etc there isnt much selective pressure on humans these days as its easy for most to live until reproucing, so humanity isnt changing alot. Unless there is some sort of huge environmental change humans will change only in minor ways and it will not likely lead to a speciation event.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have also thought this to myself before i have read Japanese time travelers somewhere? Its not such a crazy theory but then there are so many different types of craft video taped and photographed you would think if they had a 'time machine' it would stay standard not a different design of craft every time they went back in time lol but it does make some sense and there is never any public contact because if this is correct it would mess with the time line ,they never come down and land and show themselves if they exist because that would mess with the future ,it is not a bad theory better than the moon being artificial.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
"Will we evolve to be like the greys?"

Quite simply...No

I don't believe the human race could live without all the clothes and their "labels" or accessories like piercings or artistic tattoos.

Ever seen a grey in a "nike" tracksuit with nipple rings and a dragon tattoo on it's butt?

The makers of "grecian 2000" (3000) would be annoyed too...all those "baldies"

[edit on 5/1/2009 by nerbot]

gl2

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here's how we'd evolve to be like grays: we continue to let the same abducting alignment that infiltrated and sabotaged the gray home planet do the same here. Then they drive manipulated conflicts to the brink, killing our planet (like the gray planet was killed), then we become underground refugees and are "saved" by the manipulators who genetically engineer us to be small, obedient and embarrassed by our failed history. Then we are used to abduct and sabotage other people's planets, all of it to expand the empire of the older aliens who targeted the grays' home planet in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join