It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we evolve to be like the greys!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
nowadays in the days of fast food and less hard labour due to new inventions we are becoming physically weaker in 100 years ago that small we were out working longer hours and we where stonger for it in certain aspects even though diseases where ripe in those days the progress that we have made really starts from the industrial revolution and spreads to the present where we have invented computers which will (i think) lead to the next revolution (in a progresss sense not war)

so we as a whole have became one nation its easy to cross continents now and becuse of this we have became more intelligent by trading ideas now it leaves

us with two facts:

physically weaker

more intelligent

so where will this leave us in the future of our evolution well some therorists think that we will lose our bodies and become pure energy but i think we will end up looking somthing like the greys with more access to parts of the brain

whats your ideas on this?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
in fact, they might be us, time travellers from the future?
There is a certain degree of familiarity in them wouldnt you say

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i have heard that theroy thanks have you heard the one that we where created by them

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
in fact, they might be us, time travellers from the future?
There is a certain degree of familiarity in them wouldnt you say

When you think about it... IF these aliens or 'greys' are real this theroy makes the most sense to me and could explain a lot.

Some speculate that 'they' are us evolved by as much as 1,000,000 years or more. Imagine the technology we'd have by then if you assume the human race is still here.

And knowing how evolution works, what would we look like?

Perhaps solar activity and climate could create the new 'us'

If they are us evolved they may have the technology to travel through demensions, or back in time... they could be giving us bits of their technology, abducting some of us for genetic modifications or tests.

It would make more sense that these 'beings' are indeed us from our own distant future.. assuming time travel is possible.

When you think about the distance between us and the nearest star then to what could be a living planet.. Travel even at the speed of light could take hundreds of thousands of years, or far longer.

Although, I do not really believe aliens (greys) exist at all... I have to see something like this with my own eyes first... However I would believe the above theroy if they did, before I'd believe that they travel here from a far away place in our universe.

Gazz

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
hi i remember watching a documentry on time travel once they said scientist can amke a vortex or wormhole to go through the only problem is that they need somthing to keep it open at either end so it looks quite possible

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i think we soulld keep a respectfull distance to greys. I think the story of them creating us is bs...but maybe, just maybe, they seeded the planet a long time ago and have lately been checking the results of their experiment. I think its not something impossible, even humans could (should) send some bacteria to the lifeless planets. After all, on universal scale it doesnt take much for life on one planet to be eradicated by natural occurencies. Any clever species would do it as soon as possible if they value life.
Its never to early to start growing your own

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
hrm interesting but that then anoys all of those relegious fanatics that think we should'nt play god but it is my view that if god cared about what we are doing he would intervieni also belive he if he exists at all is pure energy somthing that we will eventually evolve into

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that they HAVE evolved from a human form. (sorry cant remember where). Due to continued accelerated population increases the human gene pool would be depleted and we would end up inter-breeding and, after maybe a million years, we would all look the same.
As for their physical strength and form, as technology increases we do less manual labour. Look at the past 100 years... washing machines, cars etc have made us lazier and weaker. But on the flip side, we are much smarter.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
humans cant spark life, they can make the meat but the divine spark is a mistery still. I was thinking more in the way of humans as seed carriers, the seeds are already here.

i couldnt say we are any smarter

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
what do you mean we cant create life? dont have the spark

[edit on 19-12-2004 by klain]

[edit on 19-12-2004 by klain]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow !! I've heard some bizarre theorys before but this one wins the prize. For your info. , in 1900, the average man stood 5'6" and weighed 140. Today those numbers are 5'9" and 170. Think about what the NFL would have looked like in 1900. Olympic records continue to fall as we get bigger, stronger and faster. I think you should re-think your theories.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i dont think that going by the olimpics is a good way to test how strong or fast we are your only taking into account certain people that take part in the olimpics not all of humanity

and maybe they are falling because we've out run the point in being physically fit with our intlligence we could easily wipe out any species on the planet (hypothetically) so is there any use for physical ability?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Theyre frail bodies show that they either live in a gravity-less area (in space) or a low-gravity planet.

Theyre Large eyes, with large pupils indicate they are far from a star, or not near one at all (The larger the pupils, the more light can be absorbed, if theres little light, the pupils are goingto be as large as they canbe to retain any light.)

They skin is very pale and unpigmented, indicating that they do not have excessive rays from a star, meaning, again, they live away from a star, or are in deep space.

It's doubtful they are us from the future because of this. Hypothetically speaking, if we are stating that we continue to live only on earth, then they are infact, definitely not us.

As for evolving into something like them, we would have to live in an enviroment thats similar to theres ,which is definnitely not earth

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i think you should take in account more than a simple statistic. For instance you dont know how people will live in 100 years let alone in a couple of thousant years. Who knows what they will eat or breath.
If what youre saying is correct, the next generations should be what, 10ft tall? Besides there are supposed to be very tall greys as well. Havent seen any one of them yet.
And its not theories, i just said its possible, as much as anything else

Originally posted by JimboE

Wow !! I've heard some bizarre theorys before but this one wins the prize. For your info. , in 1900, the average man stood 5'6" and weighed 140. Today those numbers are 5'9" and 170. Think about what the NFL would have looked like in 1900. Olympic records continue to fall as we get bigger, stronger and faster. I think you should re-think your theories.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboE

Yep, you gotta wonder how big your great grand children will be.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by birddawg
Yep, you gotta wonder how big your great grand children will be.

In some terms this strange way of evolution is right. Dinosaurs needed hundreds of millions of years to grow that big, and my great grandchildren will grow THAT big within hundreds of years? I think, scientists are serious about that, but when they dig out a 10thousand year old corpse and they see that it's just like modern man, they can't believe what they see.

Personally I think, that many nations are combining to form one whole human race, and this is the cause of such fantastic change in some families. But it doesn't mean that all people will evolve that spectecularly, only that there will be lucky ones growing large, while others may possess advanced brain capabilities, others may be good for hard labour, etcetc...!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
yes i to am withthat idea but as you said as more different races from all over the world interbreed their will be more mixed race people around the world and eventually if this keeps happening one race of course you cant acount for mutations in the D.N.A. but still for the most part i belive in the future that all qualitys strength and intelligence etc will be poured into one race of all nations no more racists but at what cost?

culture would be lost and i belive that from the lifestyles of today with more inventions made to take the easy off from life we will have more time to learn rather than exercise thus to my opening point

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If there are such things as "greys" (and I don't believe that there are Spaceship Guys running around on earth), we wouldn't evolve in to them, because our evolution over the past 3 Gyears has been in response to our environment, and these "greys" -- if they existed -- probably adapted and evolved to their environment, too.

And since they're supposed to come from a different planet, their environment probably isn't like ours, anyway.

I believe we're going to evolve into whatever we choose to evolve into, inasmuch as we now have a lot more control over our genetic makeup.

My guess is that a person born in 2100 will be immune to dental caries, alopecia, weakening of eyesight, and a host of other, more serious diseases. What we look like will be pretty hard to determine, because the tendency for us all to mix and become a single subspecies may be offset by our ability to genetically modify our looks, too.

I don't think, though, that we'll evolve into eight-foot or three-foot tall people, because the square-cube law will get in the way.

And I'm sure that there will be people who might want their kids to look like those "greys" but I doubt if we'll ever see such a look; it's simply not a good survival phenotype for a planet that features a gravity acceleration of 9.8 meters per second per second.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
sorry if i mislead you in the title i said will we evolve to be like the greys!?

i did'nt mean evolve to be them that is another therory

i meant that we will evolve to be physically weaker and more intelligent i also did'nt metion about us growing that tall that was somone else but i have trouble beliving in the square-cube law i wonder if genetic modification would be a way around this anyway way i dont understand the theroy of square-cube law too well it has somthing to do with only being able to grow to a certain size depending on the specs of the species right?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
what if they aren't us from the future in the sense that we evolved into them, but that we have genetically modified people (in the future) to be more resilient in the conditions of space and the only way to safely time travel is in the vacuum of space. This would explain why they come out of the sky and and that there is sometiumes a sense of familiarlity. Honestly, if we were to open a wormhole in a labratory wouldn't it be dangerous, or what if they can only be safely anchored and maintained in space? So maybe they are Time Traveling Humans, but genetically altered by our descendents to be suited for time travel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join