It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Scarface alone Hollywood!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I despise anything & everything having to do with pop culture & the sports/entertainment industrial complexes.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh I believe you, what I can't believe is that they left that part out of the remake!

Probably felt like it was too complicated a plot device for the intended viewership...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Gotta love dumbdown ideas and the rushed plotlines (pacific rim imo)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Heh. This is why I fear the new Star Wars movie. Looking at your avatar, how did you feel about the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies? Besides all the crazy plot holes (inventing a way to beam across the universe onto a ship going faster than light speed then promptly forgetting such technology exists, chasing Kahn across a city for his blood when tons of his brethren are locked in missiles that could have easily supplied the blood to save Kirk, etc) how did you feel about turning a franchise about peace, good will towards others that are different and exploring the unknown into a typical sci-fi explosion fest? Heck the entire point of Star Trek was that the Federation and humanity had abandoned its warlike ways to unite and explore the "final frontier", and here comes Abrams retconning the entire premise the show was based on to make humans into warmongering dbags again. Abrams is directing the new Star Wars movies...
edit on 19-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I actually liked the first one (2009), but i thought into darkness was silly. The whole bringing Khan back and having Spock say "Khaaaan" was dumb, imo. They were just trying to cash in on Wrath of Khan. The only reason I bought into darknes, was cause it came with a min version of the dreadnought. I collect space ships of all kinds.(yes Star Wars too!)

And yea, there were a lot of plotholes. You're right about the whole militarization of the Fed, that part was very troubling. Although I have to say, I really like Quinto and Urban. They did a pretty good job, especially Urban. Love him as Bones.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

See my problem is that Abrams turned it into standard sci-fi/action fare. If it didn't have the Star Trek name on it, the films would probably have been largely forgettable.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There's a new Star Wars movie coming out?

PLZ god, kill me now.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yea he seemed to forget the message that Trek conveys.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I am tentatively reserving judgement on it until after it comes out.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Seriously? You haven't heard of this movie yet?
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

I thought everyone knew these movies were coming out when the news that Disney had acquired the rights to the Star Wars movies was reported. Heck, episodes 8 and 9 are already confirmed as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have always hated Star Wars, even before you try & compare it with Trek, which is like comparing the Sun with my toilet after a chili convention.
I've actually said several times in various threads how much I hate Star Wars, lol. I will absolutely not go see it in theaters.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Yea he seemed to forget the message that Trek conveys.

With the way he likes to use lens flares, he should get into hoaxing ufo videos. He could make a killing duping believers.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Aw, come on krazman, you should know by now of my excessive disdain for & lack of exposure to pop culture.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Have you heard about the new Ghostbusters movie with the all female cast?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Actually, I'm not sure if we've had too many conversations about pop culture.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Haha, only because of the thread about it a month ago. I got bored with the thread quickly, though, I didn't recognize a single name of one of the actresses & really didn't care to google them.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ah, I see you in threads a lot, & I'm the first to admit that Im a broken record & live in circular thought patterns; I assumed you'd have seen me talk about it before.

This is from the top of this page even, lol, I knew I'd typed it at least twice today thus far.

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: caladonea

I despise anything & everything having to do with pop culture & the sports/entertainment industrial complexes.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

OH. I just saw the preview for this yesterday. Apparently Hollywood is SOOOO out of ideas that they had to rip off 1/3 of an episode of Futurama and are making a new movie called Pixels where 1980's video games from outer space attack earth and humans are forced go through live action versions of the games to save humanity.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yea I can't bring myself to hate all of pop culture. The way I see it is that, yes the business bigwigs are putting out a lot of what the video game industry calls shovelware in all pop culture markets, BUT there ARE gems of greatness still being released if you know how to find them. Though right now, the movie industry is F#ed. You'd probably have a better time finding quality visual entertainment on television than in the movies. Though I just read recently that the direct to video market is doing really well right now. That coupled with Netflix means that yes even the movie industry still has some diamonds in a sea of mud.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You hate Hollywood and pop culture... you just thought you would stop by and tell us all how much you hate movies? I don't get this train of thought. I call it "YouTube commentitis" its a mental condition wherein an individual that dislikes a particular thing (in this case movies/pop culture) drops into the conversation just to tell everyone else how much they hate said thing. It utterly confounds me. I enjoy reading your replies Eunuchorn, your quick wit and brash, cynical sense of humor is both entertaining and nerve grating, why do you feel the need to indulge your YouTube commentitis?

-genuinely curious

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join