It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Scarface alone Hollywood!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Dang, normally I agree with you on all those points, & I stand guilty. The conversation had developed fairly well, I forgot what my initial input was lol

Normally, I try to avoid a youtubitis mentality. i always browse ATS right when I wake up, & saw this one get created,.
Scar face has always triggered a little spark of annoyance in me, if only because it is sooo over-quoted & referenced/liked etc; so on top of my grogginess, it just came out.
My grogginess got me banned a few days ago (tip: don't troll SO on the official conspiracy forums. He's a big teddy bear, but like all wild animals, you will pay the price for getting too comfortable)

I remedied the situation by apologizing to him, & will follow that route again: I am sorry, it was not my intent to derail or to even simply be a negative Nancy; it was just my reaction to a scarface discussion. Then someone asked why I refuse to see hollywood movies if I can help it & so on/so forth.

Now, that being said, I think writing a post to simply agree with the OP is quite boring. If I merely /agree with an OP & don't feel I can either elaborate on it or elaborate on why I don't agree based on my very unique world views, I won't post at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Uggggg. I had forgotten about that.
I just re-watched the original the other day.

IT WILL SUCK, JUST FOR THE LACK OF BILL MURRAY!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Agreed on many points Eunuchorn. Thanks for replying.

I agree that Scarface is insanely over quoted (which is typically par for the course where cult classics are concerned) but it is a great film. I often suffer from a bit of duality when Hollywood is in question. I hate the idea of supporting such a corrupt, disgusting and all around morally ambiguous institution but I love (love, love) a good story. Thus my love/ hate relationship. But I bite the bullet because Hollywood does (occasionally) produce great films.

On the topic at hand, leave the classics alone. If they even think about touching Willow I'll raise hell.

Regarding YouTube commentitis, it is a serious pet peeve of mine, I just don't get it but that behavior also intrigues me. Now I understand that some of the time it may just be a snap response.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I also love a good story, it's too bad that video games nowadays have better storylines than movies/tv.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join