It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmest Winter on Record: 2014-2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Haven't you heard? Our greenhouse gasses are now polluting the whole solar system. Being blown into space by solar winds.

The new horizons satellite is actually an ice tray to put ice into the presidents drink into the near future.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
Climate change is no doubt happening. But the argument is whether or not humans are responsible. To think we are is not only typical arrogance but is clearly not the case. The Earth is a huge land mass with a massive body of water. Yes we are polluting it, destroying our ecosystems etc. But we are not affecting the planet to the extent we are causing it to warm. It's too soon to tell. But don't worry big brother nanny state government will tell us its all our fault and if they only tax us a little bit more and force us to abandon plastic bags, and monitor how many times we flush the toilet everything will be fine. It's about time we drop this whole climate global warming crap. We have way more immediate problems facing us like water pollution, drought, deforestation, illegal immigration, diversity lol.

But how do you know we aren't effecting the climate or causing a global warming trend? NASA says otherwise. Are you smarter than the thousands of NASA scientists or are they all lying to us. Serious question.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I love the scripted talking point about how the Earth is too big for 'mere' humans to affect when, a few years back, China built a dam that changed the rotation of the planet.

Such naivety.
edit on 19Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:39:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No I did not, but honestly recorded history means squat when compared to the age of the planet.

When we have even 10 million years of recorded history set down then we can start to extrapolate a little.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Climate change is no doubt happening. But the argument is whether or not humans are responsible. To think we are is not only typical arrogance but is clearly not the case. The Earth is a huge land mass with a massive body of water. Yes we are polluting it, destroying our ecosystems etc. But we are not affecting the planet to the extent we are causing it to warm. It's too soon to tell. But don't worry big brother nanny state government will tell us its all our fault and if they only tax us a little bit more and force us to abandon plastic bags, and monitor how many times we flush the toilet everything will be fine. It's about time we drop this whole climate global warming crap. We have way more immediate problems facing us like water pollution, drought, deforestation, illegal immigration, diversity lol.

But how do you know we aren't effecting the climate or causing a global warming trend? NASA says otherwise. Are you smarter than the thousands of NASA scientists or are they all lying to us. Serious question.

I think that since Nasa doesn't put people into space anymore, that they are scared of being relegated to the dust bin, and were told to tout a certain line. Being the smarties they are, they know who signs their paychecks.

It's like trusting the EPA, who, doesn't allow scientific direction now.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nothing a good long nuclear winter and resulting population reduction can't fix.

All kidding aside, the warming in the Siberian permafrost regions should be rather alarming. All of that trapped methane venting out, and we could have a rapid runaway global warming event.

Maybe nuclear war could save the planet?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

All the planets are not warming, some are... they have their own orbital cycles same as Earth. The sun isn't doing anything different to cause warming is the point. Not that the sun has nothing to do with climate.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If its because of the Sun, why doesn't the data show it then?

The ACRIM composite shows a slight increase in TSI - the PMOD composite shows a slight decrease. Regardless of which dataset you use, the trend is so slight, solar variations can at most have contributed only a fraction of the current global warming. Scafetta 2006 uses the ACRIM composite and finds 50% of warming since 1900 is due to solar variations. However, the warming from solar influence occured primarily in the early 20th century when the sun showed significant warming. As for the global warming trend that began around 1975, Scafetta concludes "since 1975 global warming has occurred much faster than could be reasonably expected from the sun alone."

Has the sun been cooling or warming in recent decades?

So no, its not the sun.

Oh well, you probably could blame the sun, since the oil we burn everyday is in many ways accumulated solar power.

We are burning 94 million barrels of oil every day.
That's roughly 15 billions liters of oil, every day. (14.946.000.000 liters or 3.948.000.000 gallons)

No ... that can absolutely not have ANY effect? Seriously?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok Ok, I wasnt going to bother to reply, but as most (mostly) of ATS members are relatively intelligent....lets dissect this map.

Firstly......this is NOT a map of Winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its is apparently a map of Earth, in December/January 2014/15.

Yes Winter in the Northern Hemisphere, SUMMER FOR THE REST OF US.

Now we have cleared this up, lets look at details.

I am in Southern Central Australia, it has been a VERY Cold Summer with way below average temperatures, despite what this map may say....but even if you take the "Pink", then you would say that is neutral and just a normal variation of reading measurements etc.....Not enough to be called any warming.

Now lets look at Northern Australia....the Tropics..where it is 32 deg C all year long, only difference is its wet or dry.
Now this map is telling us that the Tropics, near the Equator, is COOLER than "Average".......Cooler!.

Notice Large areas of Africa, in summer time, are COOLER than the supposed average.
The couple of dots in the Antarctica, are COOLER than the supposed average.......in Summer time.

Also note than much of Greenland is COOLER than average for Winter time.

So what does this indicate?.............."Temperature readings YEAH!, What are they good for??...Absolutely Nothing, Say it again."

None of this means diddley squat to the average life form on Earth, and just reinforces that Man has absolutely No control over What the Earth does, when she does it, what the Sun does and when or anything else.
We are along for the ride, so just enjoy it and pollute as least as you can......plant a tree too.

This scare mongering only panders to the $$ people in this society, that want to control everything and everybody with out mercy or favour.

Of Course the climate will change...worse comes to worse, we live underground and adapt......must ask the Saurans first tho.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

originally posted by: kloejen

If its because of the Sun, why doesn't the data show it then?

The sun is cooling but particles from the Sun are diverted by the Earth's magnetic field and the Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When was the last time Earth had 2 identical Winters in a row?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Warmest Winter on Record: 2014-2015

I was waiting for this one, the hottest winter on record ... LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's time to lower the thermostat at the psychiatric yard...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I am in Southern Central Australia, it has been a VERY Cold Summer with way below average temperatures, despite what this map may say....but even if you take the "Pink", then you would say that is neutral and just a normal variation of reading measurements etc.....Not enough to be called any warming.

So give us some stats. I can tell you that I live in Seattle and it was a surprisingly mild winter, warm even... I can tell you all sorts of things.

You keep saying that places are cooler in the summer, that's fine. Are they warmer in the winter though? Are they on average warmer or cooler throughout the year? I can pick an arbitrary month or two and make claims that the area is cooler or warmer, but let's look at an entire year's worth of data. Let's look at a daily average. Let's also support it with facts, not just how you felt this year. I don't know what to think, but I know that saying it was a cold winter in a certain place doesn't mean crap, and especially doesn't without backing up your claims. If we use those standards then it's certainly getting hotter, I got almost no snow and had to buy an air conditioner for the first time last year.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I agree, its been beautiful. We had 13 above for a 10 days or more in December, then a month of snow, but pretty steady at 6 above often in January. Cold spell the end of november. But the rest wonderful. March is like April.

And I hope it always stays nice and warm. I would like it to go from April to October temps always. Nothing else.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No problem, this was just the start of it all...
www.adelaidenow.com.au...

Here is winter 2012...2014 was similar.
www.weatherzone.com.au...

Here is winter 2010.
www.weatherzone.com.au...

Yes the past 7 or so years have been unusually cold here, despite the scare mongering.

But we are due for a drought......but that is the nature of Planet Earth...we have about 10 years of rain, then 10 years of drought.......El Nino/ La Nina Pacific effect....nothing different than anything for 1000s of years........save the ice age of course.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I'll say the west coast barely had a winter. Even in the "known for being wet" Pacific NW it was mostly dry with barely any snow this winter, still very small rainfall coming into spring on the east side. Three regions are affected in Washington, as the state governor has declared it an emergency. Parts of Idaho are under concern. Oregon's governor just declared a drought emergency.
edit on 19-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Climate change is no doubt happening. But the argument is whether or not humans are responsible. To think we are is not only typical arrogance but is clearly not the case.

Arrogance is the opposite stance i.e. yours.

THis "we are only humans and thus incapable of affecting a whole planet" is typical short sighted arrogance. Have you forgotten that humans affected the upper atmosphere with ozone depleting pollutants which resulted in planetary increases in UV, especially towards the poles. Clearly humans were responsible because the ozone is recovering now that we have stopped polluting. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is called recognition of our ability to affect the whole planet.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Apparently I need to move. Everywhere else is having warmer weather and in the Midwest it was colder than Alaska. We hit -30 and colder for the second winter in a row. Our swimming pool sat unused last summer because it only got above 85 a few times. I'd gladly welcome some warmer weather my way.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Seems like every planet in our solar system is also on a warming trend.......

Actually, some planets are warming, others are cooling.

I guess the SUN has nothing to do with anything......

The sun is actually COOLING...

Myth:

Other planets are warming.
"[E]vidence that CO2 is not the principle driver of warming on this planet is provided by the simultaneous warming of other planets and moons in our solar system, despite the fact that they obviously have no anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases. Mars, Triton, Pluto and Jupiter all show global warming, pointing to the Sun as the dominating influence in determining climate throughout the solar system." (Ian McClintock)

Fact:

Over the last fifty years, the sun’s output has decreased slightly: it is radiating less heat. We can measure the various activities of the sun pretty accurately from here on Earth, or from orbit above it, so it is hard to ignore the discrepancy between the facts and the sceptical argument that the sun is causing the rise in temperatures.
Claims that solar system bodies are heating up due to increased solar activity are clearly wrong. The sun’s output has declined in recent decades. Only Pluto and Neptune are exhibiting increased brightness. Heating attributed to other solar bodies remains unproven.

Skeptical Science

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Warmest on record?

What record?

For what region?

Since when does winter represent December to January only as your image with no source shows?

December to January of what year? This year? Last year? 50 years ago? No context whatsoever.

This is a purely opinion-based, anecdotal post. You listed no source in your OP and even your posts further in do not support your position or provide any hard, factually based evidence.

This falls just shy of trolling, which is something you don't normally do.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join