It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia Employers are preparing for nuclear war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I really want to kick putin in the balls
/

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: ketsuko

Well in that case, Ukraine should also not become part of the EU, because there are people who have lived through `40/`45 and were part of one big Europe with Germany as leader.

If you check, I never said they should. I said ideally, we'd be on one side with Russia on the other and Ukraine in the middle on its own. It may be tearing itself apart on its own, but it would be doing that honestly and completely internally not the mess it is now.

I see you did not read the totality of my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We have some Iodine tablets, but they are in rotation now and we're down to a quarter of a bottle. No gas masks though, I need to have a higher risk threat before purchasing these. They aren't that cheap. I have regular dust masks with a pile of canisters with charcoal in them from an auction though. They will probably help a little.

If it comes to a nuclear war, I am not sure I want to live longer. The grandkids, that is who would need the masks.

This is actually a sensible thing for Russia to do, maybe we should be looking at something like this here in America.
edit on 18-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you don`t support the coup which was meant to put Ukraine under US influence ?

And despite how Western media tried to portray it, the majority of the Ukrainians wanted to stay independent and only wanted to get rid of Yanukovych...I bet if they poll again now in the Ukraine, the majority wants to get rid of the now sitting Government and they want to become independent again.

But this isn`t about the Ukrainians at all as I have showed a few posts back...this is about US desperately trying to stay World power.
edit on 18 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I dont know why they are bothering. If there is a full scale exchange I think the most common cause of death is going to be vaporization. I looked on the nuke map site to see how I would fare in a probable strike at a defence related company near my place of work and was not surprised to see I will likely find myself inside a fireball. Not much preparation needed except to bring marshmallows.

Here is the site if you want to see the effects of a strike near where you work or live.

nuclearsecrecy.com...

edit on 18-3-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I'm close enough to GE and Cincinnati Milacron among other defense industries to already know I will be in the center of the fireball if the event happens. I just find it extremely unlikely that thermonuclear war will develop. Besides the fallout ground and water contamination by radiation who can survive nuclear winter?

The governments have just used threats and drills like this in order to control us and bend us to their wills.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Nah, I don't think so. This admin and president have said over and over that they don't want to lead the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Assuming they only drop one bomb on this area and it's a moderate one. I would survive it at work and have a good shot of making it at home too. No psi, no initial rads only a bit of thermal, but my office has no windows.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

There is one other thing that comes to mind. I think that the situation in Ukraine has thrown a monkey wrench in efforts to repair the aging and dilapidated cement sarcophagus that is encasing the reactor at Chernobyl. It was designed to last 20 years and is now 29 years old. Maybe there is some worry that as a result of hostilities, something bad could happen to the containment structure at the reactor (terrorism?) that could result in a large radiation release. Hopefully no one is stupid enough to do such a thing.
edit on 18-3-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The only problem I have with the Ukraine situation is that there is a real agreement where we got the Ukrainians to hand over their nuclear deterrent in exchange for an agreement that we (the West) would defend them.

What are we supposed to do about that? Russia is pushing against that agreement, and while there are ethnic Russians in Ukraine who would like to be Russian, no one thought Germany had the right to annex countries to protect the ethnic Germans who lived in those places. And what about the ethnic Ukrainians who were abused terribly by Russia in the past and don't want anything to do with Russia now? "

Amen! Anyone who sees this as a new geopolitical event surely didn't read how the world Wars started, more importantly how WWII transpired with German justification for initial country grabs. (widely ignored by global community due to domestic economic powers, sound familiar?) the first reaction was the two sides of the argument forming alliances which is happening now, Italy and Germany are slowly siding with Russia, sound familiar? And in WWII the slow response created a reaction, not proactive diffusion. Unfortunately humanity tends to reflect a memory of a decade or generation, lessons are forgotten and those who remember are labeled paranoid weirdos. Questioning American decision making isn't patriotic, how could we be wrong, that would imply the Salem witch hunts and the red scare would be comparable to terrorism. Blasphemy!
edit on 18-3-2015 by CriticalStinker because: Didn't format correctly

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The best real preparation for a nuclear exchange would be a pistol and a bullet in case one lived through the initial blasts.

Anything else is placebo... at best.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Amen! Anyone who sees this as a new geopolitical event surely didn't read how the world Wars started, more importantly how WWII transpired with German justification for initial country grabs. (widely ignored by global community due to domestic economic powers, sound familiar?) the first reaction was the two sides of the argument forming alliances which is happening now, Italy and Germany are slowly siding with Russia, sound familiar? And in WWII the slow response created a reaction, not proactive diffusion. Unfortunately humanity tends to reflect a memory of a decade or generation, lessons are forgotten and those who remember are labeled paranoid weirdos. Questioning American decision making isn't patriotic, how could we be wrong, that would imply the Salem witch hunts and the red scare would be comparable to terrorism. Blasphemy!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Funny how NO ONE is taking Russia seriously latey.
I guess THAT is what the Norks always do as well...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Where are all of these gas mask and iodine pills coming from? Could this all just be a stunt to force them to buy something they HAVE to have by law? If this is the case somebody is getting RICH!!!

Follow the money!!!
edit on 3/18/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Putin apparently said he was prepared for contemplating nuclear during the Crimean fiasco. Perhaps it was as a response to things that didn't reach MSM, perhaps it was his own initiative or his advisors.

Perhaps the memo is a response to that.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Putin is practicing a popular Russian leader response and publicly saying everything is on the table. Leaders there are held to a regard that leaders here are, and that is strong and decisive, "soft" leaders in the states often get ridiculed for being perceived as such. Then there is the common conception that Putin is a hardliner. Under that logic if you envision Russians not just engaging in proxy wars against us, but so flamboyant as if to show dominance, we would demand a reaction just as I imagine is being thought of over there.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'd be more worried about my face melting off instead of having a gas mask.
edit on 19-3-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Is this news some sort of propaganda or for real.

Every country in the league of major geopolitical players needs to have such precautions for populations. Such preps should not be miscommunicated and presented in deceptive tones.

Putin is wise and balanced leader and he will not take any drastic step and play war type scenarios.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Putin is wise and balanced leader

You mean he salivates from both sides of the mouth evenly when he contemplates even greater power?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

And in contrast America is going back to the days of isolationism

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join