It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I could see that being the case. One of the oft overlooked parts of Pre-Civil War South is the poor white folks. Usually the focus of discussion is the rich white people who did own slaves. This paints an inaccurate picture of the slave owning south by suggesting that all whites owned slaves. It only takes a little bit of reasoning to come to the conclusion that white people who couldn't afford slaves most have existed too. They had to have culture just as much as the white aristocrats had culture. Your theory really doesn't sound too far fetched, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
Denial is the first stage in anybody accepting their faults. Hang in there and you might yet come out the other side cleansed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I have never ever heard of Azealia Banks until reading this thread. Perhaps that is why no fuss has been made about her ignorant racist hate filled philosophy by the main stream media? Perhaps she is not mainstream worthy enough to get worked up over? Who she is as a person seems to have no bearing or strong influence over society. If she does garner heavy political influence because of her ignorant rants than that says more about the society she lives in than it does about her...

Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Vitriolic thread filled with the same people that will nod along to Bill O'Reilly generalising black folks and then scream "don't be offended, only weak minded people get offended"...

Yes a lot of responses in this thread were racist and ignorant and hardly worth the data it's using up.

Stormfront... Is over there 👉👉👉👉👉👉....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm not American but flock that bleech!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So, she hates all the "fat white Americans"..Thats a whole can of hate to open up..because according to the Journal of American Medicine (jama) as of 2014, 34.9% of Americans, some 78.6 million are obese.

I worked as a bouncer for some 25 years.
In my "formative" years as a bouncer, I learnt something that would stick with me for ever -

"You can hit a different guy every night of the week for a year, but that means you have to remember 365 faces, who one day, might want to Hurt YOU. However, those 365 faces only have to remember YOUR FACE".

Now, this not very intelligent girl, has offended a lot of people, about 34.9% of the USA, which means 78.6 million people only have to remember HER face. I hope everyone takes it for what it is..a very stupid comment made by yet another product of the ghetto...Just a silly little girl being hyped up by her publicity managers...
edit on PM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Vitriolic thread filled with the same people that will nod along to Bill O'Reilly generalising black folks and then scream "don't be offended, only weak minded people get offended"...

Yes a lot of responses in this thread were racist and ignorant and hardly worth the data it's using up.

Stormfront... Is over there 👉👉👉👉👉👉....

True.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

I have never ever heard of Azealia Banks until reading this thread.

Well, due to all this publicity shes had, now EVERYONE knows who she is....from zero to black hero in two sentences.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What's ridiculous is that if the situation were reversed, and a white singer were to say that they hate black Americans, there would be a massive public outcry.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Paris Hilton said it!!!

I'm guessing you never knew that otherwise you wouldn't have said "what if..."...

Why didn't you know?

Let that realisation sink in.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's what it meant to me for many a year.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Guess what? No media attention, no fuss, no comments...nothing at all. Think about if it was the opposite, if those claims were made by a caucasian person. We would have had another Ferguson in our hands. Such a hypocritical society we live in. Very sad reality, sad indeed...

What's sad is that you are whining about the lack of coverage and you're completely wrong. Here's a few sources right off the top:

Huffington Post
CNN
NY Daily News
Daily Mail

and there's probably another 100+ on Google News right now. I suppose the world should have stopped over the comments made by a 23 year-old rapper from Harlem in Playboy? Would that have been enough coverage for you? Of course, it's all Obama's fault according to Infowars:

Banks’ views are testament to how “social justice warriors” and the Obama administration are increasingly pushing racial conflict.

Seems to me that Infowars is just as guilty of doing more than its fair share of ratcheting up racial tensions and for that matter, so are you when you cite Infowars from among the dozens of potential sources that aren't reporting on her comments with a far right-wing political agenda and then whining that there isn't any other coverage (a lie).

EDIT:

Your intentions are perfectly clear and your hyperbole is disgusting. "if those claims were made by a caucasian person. We would have had another Ferguson in our hands." Really? That's what happened in Ferguson? It didn't have anything to do with an unarmed black kid being shot to death by a cop from a police department which has now had its unequal treatment of the black community exposed?
edit on 2015-3-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What's sad is that you are whining...

I don't whine!!! I talk, make conversation and try to debate problems and phenomena of our society in an educated and polite manner. And that's why we're all here in this forum, to discuss. I guess it is not that ghetto as a style, otherwise wouldn't have been coined as whining. Everyone who complains about the futility of this thread has a choice: not to read it or even participate in it. Instead go and have a grape juice and chill.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe because she said it in March 2011. Wanna take bets on how many of us will remember either this chick or what she said four years from now?

Now had she said it recently ... and if none of us knew or cared or were chatting about it, I could see the point you are trying to make.

edit on 17-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

I don't whine!!! I talk, make conversation and try to debate problems and phenomena of our society in an educated and polite manner. And that's why we're all here in this forum, to discuss. I guess it is not that ghetto as a style, otherwise wouldn't have been coined as whining. Everyone who complains about the futility of this thread has a choice: not to read it or even participate in it. Instead go and have a grape juice and chill.

Then you'll be making another thread to discuss Paris Hilton doing the exact same thing...

Only her target was Black Men!

I eagerly await such a thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Time matters not in the grand scheme of things...

The mere point of suggesting "if a white person said this about black people there would be public outrage"....

& yet there wasn't any public outrage at all...

Seems to highlight what I was actually trying to say!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Go ahead and make that thread. Rant I think is where you'll have to put it since it's no longer a current event.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

Then you'll be making another thread to discuss Paris Hilton doing the exact same thing...

Only her target was Black Men!

I eagerly await such a thread.

I never heard anything about PH remarks. But since you have, then feel free to open the thread, inform us and discuss about it.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Every cause has an effect and every effect a cause

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Time matters not in the grand scheme of things...

The mere point of suggesting "if a white person said this about black people there would be public outrage"....

& yet there wasn't any public outrage at all...

Seems to highlight what I was actually trying to say!

How do you know there wasn't? I found ten links despite the fact that it happened four years ago with a simple search of Paris Hilton Can't stand black men. One of them was BuzzFeed. One of them was a UK source. Another was an LA Times blog and several others looked to be African-American sources which stands to reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join