It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you often conflate media coverage with "public outrage"???

Please clear off you haven't discussed what I replied to once you have deflected into a seperate issue altogether.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Clearly, you were complaining about what you perceive to be a double standard in the media coverage of white celebrities who make racist remarks vs black celebrities who make racist remarks. To support this assertion, you said, "Guess what? No media attention, no fuss, no comments...nothing at all." This is clearly not the case and even a cursory attempt to verify the truth of that statement on your part would have revealed it to be false. It's not even the first thread about her statements to appear on ATS today.

Definition of whining from Google:

- give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
"the dog whined and scratched at the back door"
- complain in a feeble or petulant way.
"the waitress whined about the increased work"

I'm all for honesty. So let's be honest. There was ample media coverage; in fact the statements were made in a Playboy interview. Did you read the interview? You might find it interesting that she's also full of contradictions:

She uses homophobic epithets but is admittedly bisexual. She's a female who glorifies terms that are often associated with misogynists. She uses the word "cracker" to describe white people but acknowledges her white fans and says this about dating:

"I like to feel them out, and then I start talking about my black female problems, and we get into a conversation about race, and then we disagree and don’t have another date."

Which seems to allude to dating outside of her own race.
edit on 2015-3-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

And what do you want me to do? Self-flagellate?

I'm sorry, but if you have been following my contributions to this thread, I've been involved in the etymology side of things with the origin of the word cracker.

Paris Hilton is a twit who is simply famous for being famous just like the Kardashians and this chick. I fail to see why I should feel one way or the other about any thing she does or doesn't say.

Would it help if I say that if she were in a sorority at OU they should ban her sorority and kick all the other girls out of the house?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sorry A.D but you'll have to make do with 13,001 instead of a nice round 13,000...

Post was too good not to star! 😁😁😁

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I haven't been following your posts in this thread because it took you all of 2 replies on the first page to suggest she should "move to the Congo"...

& I'm not sure what to make of that, so I'd rather not discuss this topic with you.

Ciao.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yea, I do agree the double standard applies here. Being a fan of the genre, I've never heard of her until this, she's right.. her music isn't played on the radio.

If a white singer had come out and said this, then cue up the sound bites. It's a sad day.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I haven't been following your posts in this thread because it took you all of 2 replies on the first page to suggest she should "move to the Congo"...

& I'm not sure what to make of that, so I'd rather not discuss this topic with you.

Ciao.

Not to come to anyone's aid here but perhaps her claim of hatting America might have contributed to someone suggesting that she moves to Congo.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You're talking about a native of Australia. They generally have a higher quality of life than the united states, and scores higher on the where-to-be-born index of 2013 and 2014... She just pointed out what's so obvious about living here in Virginia.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ciao.

Ah, I got it wrong. I was thinking of Zimbabwe, not Congo. That was my mistake.

Zimbabwe is the only country I know of where there is an active policy of confiscating land and property from white minority land owners to reward political and military cronies.

That was the country I was thinking of when I wrote Congo. It was Zimbabwe I meant.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Under the skin is white bones. how can she be racist to here bones!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I hate pretty much everything about my country as well...

No one is going to make me move though...
& anyone who suggests I should can kiss my rear end...

"Be the change you want to see" is what I live by...

Not "don't like it piss off".

It's the lowest common denominator in any debate.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Honestly...

An American can lecture nobody on stolen land and rewarding the evildoers at the top...

Nobody!!!

Maybe you should head back to Europe if you don't like the tables turning.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
What's ridiculous is that if the situation were reversed, and a white singer were to say that they hate black Americans, there would be a massive public outcry.

Its a sad fact that a certain part within the African American community are still playing the race card.

The other minorities dont even bother with it..

edit on PM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Don't have to. Married to a Native American. I would qualify as a war bride.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Americans come from every corner of the planet

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sides, you do realize that the strongest ancestry I have outside of being a good ol' American mutt is English ... that means if I came home I'd have to be your neighbor, Charlie.

So I think you ought to get off your high horse and let me stay right where I am.
edit on 17-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Under the skin is white bones. how can she be racist to here bones!

As the joke says -

"so the black says to white guy, you have -
- Blue eres
- Pink skin
- Blonde hair
- Red lips
- Yellow teeth
- And a brown arse hole.

AND YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO CALL ME COLOURED.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Just calling it as I see it...

No high horse necessary.

Touché on the War Bride though...
Touché indeed!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sides, you do realize that the strongest ancestry I have outside of being a good ol' American mutt is English ... that means if I came home I'd have to be your neighbor, Charlie.

So I think you ought to get off your high horse and let me stay right where I am.

Or, all things being equal, Charlie should go back to...wherever

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I hate pretty much everything about my country as well...

Won't be happy till Sharia Law allows you to look down your nose at the vermin?
That's what I get from your stance.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join