It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody else feel numb to all the word's chaos out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just want to throw this quick rant in to see if there's any on here who relate. Do you guys ever go through periods where you simply do not care anymore what happens in the world. Where you feel like disconnecting from this computer, TV, quitting your jobs, moving out into the country and just getting away from all the madness?

I feel so numb to everything happening in the world. I know this doesn't mean im a narcissist, because if anything Ive always been very empathetic. But maybe it's a defense mechanism to when you feel so overwhelmed to just go numb, and became desensitized to it all?
I remember reading about how even King Solomon apparently went through periods where he came to a belief that everything in life was meaningless . - apathy I guess would be the word here. ( and keep in mind King Solomon apparently had every woman, kingdom, all the world's riches there were to be had, but he was miserable despite all of this)

How do you guys find happiness, how do you feel alive again? how do you make sense of all the madness. I feel such a sense of de personalization right now, it's scary.. I'm so numb to it all..

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

I have to shut it out. I either shut the internet down for a few hours and watch a movie or a TV show, then I take my dog out for a walk. She loves to show tricks for the neighbors. I've been training her. In two months time, she's learned sit, stay, come, high five, and shake. Now we're working on pray. Because of the Jack Russell in her, she's very intelligent. (She also has Chihuahua and Mini-Pinscher, so she can be a bit hyper sometimes.) If I focus on "We're all going to die", I'd be severely depressed. Though truthfully, I think I'm heading for depression right now, so I'm trying to cut it off at the pass, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7 I am tired of world wide conflicts. It seems as if my whole life there has been violence and conflicts that Americans are involved in. I wish for peace but do not see it in the near future.

I find happiness within my family. The connection I have with my daughter and her husband, + my sisters and my dad. When we get together even for a short while things become nice for me. When I am alone at my apartment is when I feel tired about all the foreign violence I see or read about.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
World War II had Hitler killing millions of Jews, I'm sure people back then felt the same way you do today. Thing is, we moved past it eventually. It's not the end of the world, there's nothing bad about the way you feel, just know that it will end at some point, look forward to that at least.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I feel so numb to everything happening in the world.

I'm sorry that you have concerns like those. Don't worry about it. Look for the good things, they're everywhere. I put in a request for you to experience some good stuff for a change. Keep your heart open! LOVE

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i know exactly what you are talking about. I read a lot, and try to gain as much knowledge as i can, but to perceive the amount of information that going on around me is a bit too overwhelming, so just like you,from time to time i allow myself to sink into numbness and sort of my own personal inside world . I believe it keeps me sane... My advice to you is not being so hard on yourself if you find that life are too much sometimes
S&F OP

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i hear you,think i,ve been numb to it all for a while myself,wish i could tell you how to feel alive again but i can,t.

nothing bothers me and the gf hates it,she thinks i,m dead insided,i don,t think i am, i just think everyone else has certain issues they can,t deal with and i really just don,t care.

people have heard it a million times before but we,r all going to die so i really don,t see any point in worring about anything.

100 years whats it going to matter?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I refuse to watch televised news, local or otherwise. I find the programming to be repetitive, over-the-top, and worded in an alarmist fashion (I figure that's why it's referred to as "Programming"). I prefer to get my news online in written form. This also allows me to skip all the gossip garbage and the fluff pieces (unless I, for some reason, care what Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus did yesterday). Some of the presentation is still alarmist, but I can be more dispassionate about the article and better deal with the tricks the MSM uses to elicit over-reaction.

I look at the current chaos as something that has always been there, it's just that we now have a larger stage to view and are more quickly informed of occurrences when they happen. My opinion is that it's good to shut off all the external stimulus once in a while and re-center yourself; remind yourself of what's important to you and what you value. It's good to be informed but it's not healthy to let yourself become overwhelmed by information clearly engineered to create a hypersensitivity and manipulate people's emotions.

For me, a good release here at ATS is the pet forum. Whenever I read something disturbing, I take a moment to check out the pet forum because . . .PUPPIES! KITTENS! CUTE FUZZY ANIMALS OF ALL TYPES!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
I refuse to watch televised news, local or otherwise. I find the programming to be repetitive, over-the-top, and worded in an alarmist fashion (I figure that's why it's referred to as "Programming"). I prefer to get my news online in written form. This also allows me to skip all the gossip garbage and the fluff pieces (unless I, for some reason, care what Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus did yesterday). Some of the presentation is still alarmist, but I can be more dispassionate about the article and better deal with the tricks the MSM uses to elicit over-reaction.

I look at the current chaos as something that has always been there, it's just that we now have a larger stage to view and are more quickly informed of occurrences when they happen. My opinion is that it's good to shut off all the external stimulus once in a while and re-center yourself; remind yourself of what's important to you and what you value. It's good to be informed but it's not healthy to let yourself become overwhelmed by information clearly engineered to create a hypersensitivity and manipulate people's emotions.

For me, a good release here at ATS is the pet forum. Whenever I read something disturbing, I take a moment to check out the pet forum because . . .PUPPIES! KITTENS! CUTE FUZZY ANIMALS OF ALL TYPES!

I can watch the news on most days, but if I'm going through severe depression, I have to avoid it for my own health! My favorite show was on last night and I was so drained I didn't even watch it, that how I know I'm depressed. But I'll pop over to Hulu and see if I can catch it. (Dancing With The Stars. I love the Dancing shows. As a kid, I used to walk home from school, create music in my mind, and choreograph a dance to it. I have a very creative personality. I can draw clothes, write poetry and songs, some children's books, create dances, and create recipes, but when I'm depressed, I want nothing to do with nothing.) That's why I'm forcing myself to post in here I refuse to go down without a fight. When I get depressed, I stop everything! And that would mean ATS as well.
edit on 3/16/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I've been severely depressed for a couple of years now so I feel the same way. So many news stories floating around about ww3 and for some reason I just don't care. Personally I don't have a fear of death, not even a gruesome death. Life is pointless, it ends no matter what you do or achieve so what's the point? Why be bothered by all the chaos?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is very easy to become overwhelmed with all that is going on around us. Sometimes we need to take a step back and try not to think too much. Spend quality time with family and friends, lose yourself in the pages of a good book, watch some good movies, go out into nature, keep your sense of humor, somehow try to find a balance.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The office that I go to for therapy won't allow CNN type shows in the lobby. They said it was making people horribly upset/ depressed and started those happy talk shows.

Nit only am I saying its nit just you, it seems to be more and more people.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
The office that I go to for therapy won't allow CNN type shows in the lobby. They said it was making people horribly upset/ depressed and started those happy talk shows.

Nit only am I saying its nit just you, it seems to be more and more people.

The office I go to shows only HGTV shows. Programs of home improvement.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If you've been on ATS for awhile, it does that to you. You hear it everyday and rarely if ever an event does come into fruition. %99.9999 of the time it's a false alarm, and if you get enough of those you become indifference to it, like you know it's too good to be true.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have chosen to pretend I am in a false reality. Since most of what you watch or hear is fake anyways why not just create your own. I only watch movies or old sporting events. I read very few forums. I find this one to be fun because it really has a lot of imagination and creativity. Lots of aliens, bigfoot, goatsuckers etc. etc.

knowing all the problems of the world is very overrated. especially when the narrative is twisted just to get attention and ratings. Then you have to deal with whats true and what isnt. You dont need to be smart to be happy. You can wrap your head around misery and the negative in life but it tends to make you overlook and miss out on a lot of good things.

someday you will be on your death bed And I have a feeling you wont look back and say....man oh man I should have watched more news and followed politics more. No...I dont think so.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think it has a lot to do with how myopic and self-absorbed everyone has become. Community, and family, and the concept that it takes a village to raise a child - doesn't exist anymore. Couple that with the messages and ideas we are indoctrinated with in media - and well - you get a very sinfully destructive world of humanity running amok.

What I have to most often correct in my kids is hateful thinking. It's epidemic - hateful thinking. Whether it's hating your job, sibling, spouse, government, school, cops, god, yourself or the world - everyone does it. Don't do it. Just stop and instead turn that thinking around and realize the damn world don't revolve around you. Your bubble universe exists only in your head - and your hateful, nasty thoughts are entirely on you.

We bring ourselves down - each one of us. No one needs to look any further than your own bathroom mirror.

CdT

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes, i don't care, as long as the system is intact. The only events that would matter are ones who would crush the system worldwide, one way or another. Everything else is irrelevant

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for your replies

It means a lot to know that even though we are all strangers, there are people out there who genuinely care about the well being of others and can relate with the struggle. It feels like we're all just coping, just surviving at this point...
( and most of us live in 1st world countries to boot, which gives me an even greater appreciation for what so many others have to go through).

We're all battling our problems out there, and the state of the world looks bleak I feel for so many of us ( because we have woken up) and can't be dumbed down and entertained by things that are fading away fast.. ( ignorance is bliss ) kind've idea ....

Even if this world is going into mayhem, and there's a lot of chaos out there. You have all shared with me valuable insights in regards to not feeling sorry for myself, to trying to weather the storm and find hobbies, people etc.. that bring me joy..

Thank you all

new topics

top topics

join