It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your vote does count!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I have brass ones thank you. I didn't give up,in fact I gave a solution on how we can go over the congress and senate's head to get it done.You have a very funny definition of giving up.As far as reading the posts,yes I do read them,this isn't' really an opinion,and those past events have nothing at all to do with RT. I was there and remember it being broadcast into our house via msm.It happened,that is a fact.Period.

As I said,I have no idea how old you are,but for those of us that actually lived through it,we know very well what this government will do to keep people in line.Just because people aren't jumping on your bandwagon and agreeing with you,doesn't mean they are wrong. They have been there and done that.They saw the outcome. If you really think you can get a dark horse candidate through,well you just go on and run with that. When you see it all go down the drain at the end,you can come tell us about it. The last time we had a dark horse win,was Ronald Reagan,TPTB never expected he would make it through the primaries. He did and they had to scramble to put what was THEIR candidate up as his vice president to keep control over him. That was good ole George H W Bush. They made sure they locked it up since then so people like Ron Paul and others would not slip past. Heck,Mitt Romney owns the company that makes the voting machines! Lol. Give me a break.

I'm happy that someone still believes in the system,but me? No way. I know this game is rigged,and I'm not playing when the house always wins.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I am 52 thank you. I live through the tail end of the 60s 70s Jerry Rubin and the yippie movement. And it was an area of interest I studied regularly. The country was very divided at that time do you remember the hardhat riots ?

You bring up the 1968 Chicago convention which in turn implies the Chicago seven trial. How did that work out?

The face of the country has changed greatly since then do you remember the last time the feds tried to move on us at the bunny ranch?

Daly ran Chicago with the iron fist. And what he did at the 68 convention released his iron fist from the entire Chicago community. Times have changed since the 60s.

I would like to ask you why you keep glossing over the OP And are set on the national president elections. Your vote does count in your state and local elections and that is where you vet the candidates before they achieve office. Like I said it's not going to happen overnight but people need to be more involved our voice needs to be heard.

edit on 17-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Your vote does count in your state and local elections and that is where you get the candidates before they achieve office.

And how are you going to keep control over them? Who pays for their campaigns? That is where the real problem lies. They will tell you anything to get into office on the local level,but make no mistake,they may depend on the voters,but the voters don't have the real money to move them up in their career. But guess who does? Corps. Those with the bigger bucks.Now as they climb up the ladder they get larger and larger donors,but I'm not even talking about that. Lets just stay on the local level right now. Lets say,a large Union backed up their campaign,then guess how they will vote. If it was local companies,the same. But the one way they won't vote,is how the people want.The people those little bitty specks that go to the polls,didn't support them financially. So they vote where the money is. You would need to change the campaigning system itself. That is a tall order. You would have to set up a type of system where they could ONLY pull from tax dollars that were set aside just for those campaigning. That way they KNEW that it is the voters themselves that paid for the campaign.And of course you would have to forbid them to take any money what so ever from anybody else.They would get just their flat salary. Good luck with that. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. They won't want to give up all that 'extra' money.

My family knew the mayor of a certain city outside of St.Louis back in the 60s. he actually was my mother's ex bf. I can tell you that I grew up hearing all the dirt that went on there.My Aunt worked as his secretary,so we got to hear it all.Even in local politics there is corruption.

It is like looking through a microscope.The further down you go,the more you see there are entire eco systems down there living their lives with no thought to us.Yet life carries on the same there. In politics,No matter how low down on the ladder you go,there is corruption.The old "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours",always comes into play.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I've covered that reply repeatedly in this thread. At your state and local elections you increase the turnout above The measly 30% who now participate and vote the big money out. Please read the thread and some of my responses before we continue this conversation. I am getting tired of repeating the same thing over and over when people failed to read the entire thread and routinely attack one small portion of the concept.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Perhaps you should read my reply please,I stated that there will still be corruption no matter how small a scale you go due to the donors of the campaigns. I am not talking about HOW to get them voted in,I am talking about their loyalty being to those that financed their campaigns.This is a very very valid argument. They do not from the very beginning feel they are beholden to the voters.Their loyalty is to those that bothered to finance them. You repeating percentages for getting them in has nothing to do with how they will vote once in. That is the problem,they all say that they are for the 'little man',and that their constituents are foremost in their minds,but that is just campaign rhetoric.

We need a different way of running their campaigns.I did go into this more in another post.We do all funding through our tax dollars and they pull from that pool.They OWE us.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Do you mind if I call you Diddim?

I've only addressed your reply at least five times to different posters through this thread. If the registered voter percentage rises above 20 to 30% to let's say 80% there would be no way for them to cover the corruption. One of the main reasons we are in this situation is that defeatist like you keep repeating our vote doesn't count when it's fact it does if we would just have a higher turnout.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Disillusionment and programmed thinking is your problem. At your state and local elections outcomes are decided often by under a 100 votes. Yeah your vote counts you're just too ignorant to realize it or your preference to stand on a soapbox and scream drowns out all sense of reasoning.

Oh my god, did you really just say programmed thinking is MY problem! You are obviously quite unfamiliar with my posting history & views on the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well in this case if you actually believe your vote doesn't count you have been programmed by a slogan.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Another reason I dont vote is because of the crap they taught me in elementary school: we need multiculturalism, we need to stop driving cars or global warming will kill us, you are the future and your vote counts.

Growing up in the public school system, I learned to recognize when the system was BSing me. I guess I was blessed with BS radar. The whole "every vote counts" rhetoric always set off my radar. And I was a straight A student. Its not like I flunked or dropped out.
edit on 17-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well in this case if you actually believe your vote doesn't count you have been programmed by a slogan.

You live life on such a small scale. I pity you, but not as much as I pity myself.

Ignorance is bliss & enlightenments a b#tch, as they say
edit on 17-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Here's an old saying from my grandpa.

"The best way to destroy a wall is to start at the bottom pulling out stones one at a time. Then the rest of the wall will follow."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Here's a great candidate running for president in 2016 he needs votes and money.

Thats right he does need votes and MONEY. And guess where it is going to come from? Not the taxpayers,so he won't be thinking of them when he gets in. It will be big money,cause that is what it takes with our system to run a successful campaign to get in office. Until this system changes,it matters not who you vote in,they are ALL having to vote the way they have been bought. That is the system.And that is where your problem is,it doesn't matter if Corky the Clown gets in by vote,if Corky has been bought by say George Soros in order to run his campaign, he owes Soros big time and he better pay up when it counts. This is nothing but mafia rule on a larger scale. Just running for a local election? No problem,this or that local company will own them,or the lodge of pedophiles or whatever is the case. Either way, they are all bought and paid for before they ever can vote on anything for us.

You may refuse to believe this,and you may keep on quoting that if just enough people will get out and vote,we can fix this. No you can't. I don't care if its your uncle Bob running,someone bought him. Don't bother to answer,I won't be back.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you, but your grandpa was as long term conditioned as you are.

This is from the thread which so obviously inspired yours:

originally posted by: agenda51

look at the candidates...look at their history.....go vote for the one that is the closest to what your beliefs are.... less time than it takes to read a film review and go see a movie.

I believe the global economy needs to collapse, white collar society needs to end, that soda, coffee, & junk food shouldnt exist, that gasoline should not be used for any reason whatsoever, that modern civilization as we know it is evil, that human nature is evil, & our reality needs to end immediately.

Can you recommend me a good candidate?

Oh I almost forgot, I despise everything having to do with pop culture & the Entertainment/Sports industrial Complexes.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

There are few things that I'll fight to the death for and coffee is one of them.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You probably wouldn't be surprised how often I hear that.

I'm so alone in the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Wow Dimdim you really are paranoid. Did you miss the point where I said vote the big money out? All that would take is a turnout of disillusioned people like yourselve.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Nope I can offer nothing to you. No amount of logic will overcome your predetermined outcome on everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Nope I can offer nothing to you. No amount of logic will overcome your predetermined outcome on everything.

Quite true.

I also don't think you can vote out big money so long as lobbying exists.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I partially agree with you with our present circumstances there's no way we can vote big-money out with a 30% turnout at your state and local elections.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Think of each voter as a brick, & once theres no more bricks voting in the wall it will come crashing down!

Your gramps would be proud of our generation if we could make it happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join