It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your vote does count!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Im 28, I used to be very politically motivated, and I still hold on to my ideals, but for the past four years, Ive been more interested in my spiritual maturity and understanding prophecy. If you wish, you can view my threads "The 12/21/2012 Red Herring" and "America: The Cursed Burnt Offering for the Age to Come". After my analysis of the true biblical origins of the Mayan Calendar and its encryption on the back of the US $1 Bill, it has become clear to me that since the days of Pope Gregory 13th, the Elites have predesigned America to rise and fall with the last 13 Katuns of the "Mayan" calendar from 9/16/1756-9/16/2016. Its not a matter of political integrity, its a matter of prophecy (if you believe such things).

America was designed for one sole purpose: to destroy the barriers of sovreign nations in the Levant and consollidate those powers into constitutional power-blocks for the ease of transition into a New World Order.

Call me crazy, you wouldnt be the first, but you cant deny that I fit in well here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah because ultimately the popular votes effect electorial college decisions.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No I would not call you crazy your belief system is your belief system. It worries me that you believe you will not be here for the next presidential election.

I will definitely look into your threads sounds like some good material to read.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

Finaly thank you that's exactly what I wanted to address. The electoral college needs to be done away with if popular vote is cast aside in a couple elections it will be done away with.

The people will be angry and they will vote for senators/ representatives that run on that platform. And it will be another nail into the two-party system's coffin.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

In the other thread about the WWIII trigger, I left a link about my prediction for 3/20/2015. If that prediction comes to pass, then prepare yourself for 9/16/2016.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I think votes count. Just not the one towards a POTUS candidate. Sorry 'count' isn't the right word. I believe they are counted... I just don't think it matters. Sure that is defeatist I suppose. Oh well. The evidence tells me the POTUS is just a media head and the people in power with real sway don't leave their positions of power every 4 or 8 years. I think the POTUS position is merely to give the public some semblance of control. I don't believe things would have been different had Obama not been elected.

I vote. I even work the election. Vote for a POTUS? Meh. I'll just keep doing a write in for Steven Colbert.

Yes voting in local elections is still relatively effective, but don't delude yourself into thinking your vote makes a lick of difference in the big picture.

Basically what this member said.^
edit on 16-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If by count you mean it makes a difference you are sadly delusional....but they do count the damn things the way they see fit.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I agree with everything you said at the current percentage of registered voters that actually vote. But again if somehow we could get 80 to 90% of eligible voters to vote it would make a difference in the Potus election. Look on page 1 Ross Perot got 19% of the popular vote as an independent I think George McGovern was around 15.5%.. That's with 50% of registered voters voting. If we could raise the level to 80 or 90% it would make a difference. The people that aren't voting now are the disillusion ones who are more likely to vote for the independent candidate.

The disillusioned people that are of age to vote are the very ones holding back change by not voting.

There's a conspiracy called the "your vote doesn't count " that is holding back the people of this nation from regaining power and leaving the elites in charge.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I guess you read the first post and reply. (Sigh)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The Presidential elections are already won and announced on MM before our polling closes here in CA.

I don't give up my rights; they have been systematically stolen from me...and you!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Amendments take a two thirds majority of both houses to be proposed. To be ratified they have to be approved by three quarters of the states.

What makes you think the government would allow a real third party candidate in the game

If someone was elected with an 80 to 90% turnout. We would be putting the finger to the government . They would not have a choice it would be our voice speaking.

I'm sorry I'm not the type that gives up.

That's my problem with most Americans they are quitters and slackers. And echo your same complaints but do nothing about it.

There is SO much money tossed around by the two parties, for electing their party members, most 3rd party candidates do not get a fair shake. In fact, I don't think any 3rd party has made it to any of the big debates even, to be see by the mass majority.

The big-boys at the top make it near impossible, and since the government is so intrinsically tied to the media at this point, it is even harder now for an honest 3rd party candidate to get noticed.

I think most people have given up on the political system entirely. Imagine if NO ONE showed up to vote, and they still declared a winner by x amount of votes? Wouldn't that be something to talk about?

How about the fact the winners in the states get to re-zone their area of control after winning? Doesn't that seem a little cheeky to you?

I believe the only change, at this point in the game, we the people, could do to change things, would be to do what everyone has mentioned and rumored about for years now. I see no other alternative.

and yes, I've voted in every election I am eligible for, since I reached legal age.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I realize there's so much money being thrown around that it makes it hard for someone from a third-party to get elected. The thing is everyone has begun to realize this but no one's doing anything about it. For third-party candidate to be eligible for presidential debate they need 15% in the polls with the 80 to 90% turnout and a real grass roots movement 15% is not unattainable.

source

But yes there would need to be a larger voter turnout and a real grassroots campaign for an independent to be elected.

I don't think you could deny that even at the current voting rate Ron Paul would've drawn a large number of votes as an independent. What we lack for a successful grassroots independent candidate is that 30+ percentage of eligible voters that are disenchanted with the current system and would probably vote for the independent if they registered to vote.

Keep in mind none of this happens overnight. It will be a longer struggle but the disenchanted voters that don't vote do not realize they are the key to the problem. (bangs head on desk)

In this thread I have been called deluded, been told repeatedly our vote doesn't matter. Those are the very people that should get out and vote and encourage people like them to vote. The secrecy of the ballot box should also be cast aside by us it's not a law.

Independent voters should find a way to legally record their votes by an independent party. The system can be fixed everyone just has to get off their asses to fix it.

And I have repeated this throughout the thread it is your job to vet the candidates at your state and local elections. The ones with the big money political backing need to be voted out and that is hard to do with 30% of registered voters (or less)turning up at the state and local elections.

I did not bookmark the source and I am having trouble finding it. But a Mayoral race in one of our largest city Los Angeles only had one in five registered voters turned out to vote, that's 20% my God doesn't anyone realize why we are stuck with the Peckerwood carpetbaggers we have in office now? ( continues banging head on desk)
edit on 16-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I don't know about you,but I am old enough to remember the '68 democratic convention and how bad things got in the street. People were trying to be heard and the Chicago cops came down and went BOOM on them. There is your free speech.
youtu.be...

And there is even a song about it:

youtu.be...
This shows that Police brutality has been with us all along,and it wasn't directed at just blacks.They wanted people to SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. If the baby boomers had stuck it out they could have made a real change to the system,but they became a part of it,and now its even worse.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Dimithae because: fixing video

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You do know that the electoral college has to vote on a president?
That the democrats or republicans elect who that person is?
That in most states that person MUST vote how they are told,if they don't they're vote is removed and the secondary steps in and votes how they are supposed too?
That they do not vote how the people want except in I think 4 states?
So how are you going to get a dark horse to win?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Critical thinking has been efficiently & effectively weeded out of the general population.

Voting is exactly what they want you to do, & thinking your vote matters is the absolute worst lie anyone could possibly convince themselves of.

Also, voting will never matter so long as Lobbying & Campaign Contributions exist.
Fact.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Look up how the electoral college works and you will see that there is no way to get a 3rd party candidate in. There solution can only be to get rid of the electoral college now that we have the internet to cast our votes instead. TPTB aren't going to let that happen though. It would take a constitutional amendment that starts as a petition in all 50 states to put it on a ballot,then have the people vote and pass it.Then there would be nothing they could do,unless they decided to declare martial law and suspend voting. THAT might wake up the masses to what is really going on then.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Do you really think voting matters? Also, there is an issue of endorsement, of massive crimes that can only be matched, not exceeded on a universal scale. The worst of the worst is endorsed and committed by those in power and those behind them. And not only am I NOT endorsing anything they say and do, but I denounce it 100% underscored to infinity!

Once in a blue moon vote a third party, but rarely anymore. The third party talks good, but didn't perform provincially all the great years ago, but still way better than our provincial liberals who are not liberals, but a reformed social credit type group, a tad left of Genghis Khan in my books. Just ugly evil corruption and scarsity and murder incorporated. And can hardly wait to be seeing that they get lots and lots of counseling and remedial work when theyr'e done. Anyone who keeps their Love and Goodness is the witnesses and they also make the recommendations as to what happens to those with huge massive IOU's. Whenever they harm, enslave, exhort cash from, deprive of resources, land and homes, and make a hellzone out of the same ingredients another could make eutopia, the debt is mounting and massive. They OWE.

I will only vote when humanity forms counsels of citizens, and their own leadership, with the safeguards of firing any mistakes made swiftly, and their own police, courts etc. I keep waiting for people to wake up and form their own system and not send 1 tax dollar to the other system for they declare that one criminal and arrest on site any of those felons.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

It seems you never read the threads you just only have an opinion. My thoughts on the electrictoral College have been covered. And you watch way too much RT by sensationalizing the violence of a couple past events. You and the other respondonders on here are nothing but quitters. Give up whine and cry and complain sniveling your corner but don't stand up and have any balls whatsoever!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

You are correct once in a blue moon a independent makes a good showing in a presidential election. And right now your vote doesn't count I agree. But if more voters voted your vote would count which as obvious and plain to see as the nose on your face.

I love how you people keep glossing over vetting the candidates in your state and local election where your vote really count. The voter fraud cases that were prosecuted I linked you to were all at the state and local level. One case was decided by one vote and it was found to be fraudulent. That's with barely 30% of registered voters voted in State and local elections. Vote the snakes out at the state and local level while you can before they gain office.

Everyone replying to this seems rather simple. They fail to grab the concept of my OP and respond to one part of it or swim off in their fantasy land in their rebuttles.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Disillusionment and programmed thinking is your problem. At your state and local elections outcomes are decided often by under a 100 votes. Yeah your vote counts you're just too ignorant to realize it or your preference to stand on a soapbox and scream drowns out all sense of reasoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join