It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Flying Car You Can Buy in 2017

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

These would take off and land at airports...

Than can we stop calling them "flying cars" and just call them small personal planes?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It doesn't count without anti-gravity. 🆙

👣

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sure if it's street legal you CAN buy it but you would need a pilot's licence and Experimental certification I think...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

These would take off and land at airports...

Than can we stop calling them "flying cars" and just call them small personal planes?

They call them flying cars cause they're road driveable. You can't drive planes on the road no matter how small.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
It doesn't count without anti-gravity. 🆙

👣

Yeah, anti-grav would be cool.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It looks good! I'd get one...What says ATS?

Do you have a pilot certificate? As you will need one to fly it!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If it doesn't look like Supercar, I don't want it.

Although I don't want puppet strings in order to drive it, either.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They call them flying cars cause they're road driveable. You can't drive planes on the road no matter how small.

So to save time on my commute, all I would have to do is drive my flying car over to the airport, take off, then land at another airport and drive to where I was actually going. Now there's a time saver!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

So to save time on my commute, all I would have to do is drive my flying car over to the airport, take off, then land at another airport and drive to where I was actually going. Now there's a time saver!

Yeah, that's where the irony begins. That's why I think these flying cars would best be suited for more interstate travel where there are less obstacles in its current state. I remember Moller touting the first uses of its sky car as an emergency vehicle foe police and fire fighters.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's about time! I think we are way behind on this, reference older Sci Fi lit and movies.

To play Devil's advocate: are we so sure it's safe when people have problems driving commuter planes let alone their own cars?!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah, the idea sounds cool, but in reality its poor performing car, and a poor performing plane.

Aerodynamics suck and it's slow. With that slow of performance, it is also underpowered and dangerous.
Safe flight is all about the power. You need more than enough for recovery from tight situations. With a 150 mph top speed(prob descending, or max do not exceed) and a 75mph stall speed, all it takes is a 80 mph tailwind to drop you out of the sky. Which is not uncommon.

Not to be the part pooper, but your better off with a Piper and a private airport. Much safer, faster and probably cheaper. 5k and all that work to get your pilot license, you would be highly dissapointed.

Looks like a good kickstarter rip off though.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To the people saying you'd need a pilot's license, I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing that no, you wouldn't. There are already small, single seater helicopters that one can buy and fly around in without any special license or certification.

It doesn't really matter though, cause it'll never happen. Besides, where would you take off from? It's not as if you can get up to 81mph in your driveway, or in a busy parking lot.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
LAPD will need parachutes for stop and search. Rodney King will need one too then I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yes, but then you aren't flying them, they are flying themselves while you are a passenger.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
To the people saying you'd need a pilot's license, I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing that no, you wouldn't. There are already small, single seater helicopters that one can buy and fly around in without any special license or certification.

They meet FAR 103 Ultralight Vehicles rules for 254 lb (115 kg) and under for ultralight aircraft..... the one mentioned in the OP will certainly not be under 115kg!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I use to watch the Jetsons and think 'I can't wait 'til I'm a grown up and they have invented flying cars!'

I think I will still be waiting a few more decades until I can get behind the controls on this baby.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Flying cars are highly suited to a cartoon environment. The real world, not so much.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

How about "vapourware"?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

"And what happens if/when one of these gets close to the White House or any other no fly zone?"

well, looky what happened lol
www.cnn.com...
edit on 15-4-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Quite dissapointed. I was really hoping to see cars akin to those of the cartoon The Jetsons.

These are just planes that can fold together & drive aswell.

In it's current state I don't see any practicality to it. And I suppose it will cost an arm & leg to even purchase one.

Still a cool idea & one step further in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join