It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something i got from a social media site from europe/russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Funny how most of these bases are there at the request of the country it's stationed in. But let's pretend for a second every single U.S. Military base outside of U.S. soil is there not because they were asked to be there.

Even if this were true, despite all that, not a single NATO/US boot has not crossed into Russian territory.

Do I agree with U.S. Military posturing? Of course not. It makes people skiddish and paranoid. Frankly I wish the U.S. would decomm half or more of those military bases. But I also don't agree with Russia threatening the world with nukes every other second.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Just pointing out it is a bit misleading in terms of modern weapons and what they can do in play now. But if one is to go with a name for a general design then yes.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Why is the west pushing so hard for a big war in ukraine? I can see why america is
, 1) it is americas way to implement the govts will thru superior firepower and
2) war isnt on american soil so the govt real doesnt care...

But the western european countries, why would they want to see ANOTHER war on thier soil? America has brainwashed those leaders in believing that war is the answer, war on european soil that is.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

America is pushing for war?

America isn't the one supplying troops, armor, and weapons to the rebels in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
So far they are sticking to the play book. Including talking peace with Russia (Minsk) while preparing for war, just like Hitler and Stalin did over Poland before hostilities actually broke out in WWII.
And Putin (who learned from history) is playing it real cool, letting the West come alll the way in, stretching that thin supply line ever thinner, all the way back to US soil.

No disrespect, but I think people like you are living in a fantasy land. There is no evidence , either surreptitious or overt, of the West preparing for war. You want to believe that the West is rolling tanks eastward and Russia is somehow a victim, but the facts don't support you, I'm afraid.

This is not some game of poker won by the "coolest leader", this is merely the nasty divorce another ex Russian ally who has decided to point Westwards.

Time to revamp the worldview and stop peddling the "West is going to invade" Russia rubbish, when in fact Russia has done the invading.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You want to believe that the West is rolling tanks eastward and Russia is somehow a victim, but the facts don't support you, I'm afraid.

Thanks from everyone for the Jedi mind trick…

"These are not the tanks you are looking for, move along…"

US Tanks arriving Latvia

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

America isn't the one supplying troops, armor, and weapons to the rebels in Eastern Ukraine.

No, just to the Junta in Kiev.

Global Research article

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
That's so weird. The only nation that seems to be "Encroaching" on any other nation's territory is Russia, into Ukraine.

Not a single NATO boot has stepped over the Russian border. Are military exercises and posturing happening? You bet. Is that encroaching on territory? No.

Yet, there seems to be Russian soldiers coming home from Ukraine in body bags. How did they get there, I wonder? Vacationing? Heh.

If (big if) nukes start flying, I guarantee you that it will be Russia who pushes that button first. Then what side will you stand with?
#

If the nukes did start flying, what difference would it make which side we were on?

We'll all be dead and there will be no sides.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Latvia is not Russia. Plus, Latvia ASKED for those.

Also regarding "supplying the JUNTA in Kiev" (Love that you keep using that word, despite the fact that even Putin has recognized the Ukrainian Government as legitimate.) I'll just resort to the favorite tactic of the Russophiles here:

"Show me proof" Oh, and a GlobalResearch OPINION piece isn't proof. Nevermind the fact that GlobalResearch's "news" articles include such jems as "There were no planes during 9/11", "Zionists Are Everywhere", "HAARP is a weather modification and mind control device", "Let's deny the Bosnian Genocide ever happened", and my favorite: "Chemtrails are real and everyone is dying".

So sorry, I won't take anything said on GlobalResearch as a valid source. I'd believe a tabloid before I believe them.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Attacking the messenger again…

and no links to review (as usual).

tsk, tsk

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Attacking the messenger? No. I attack your use of semantics as way to not so subtly dig at the Ukrainian government, then I attacked your source. Show me proof of US sending troops, arms, and armor to Ukraine.

Simple request.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well I know that if I saw someone out hanging around my house in the middle of the night,I would not wait until they are actually breaking in before calling the police. I would call before they got in or tried. I guess Russia is supposed to wait until we are actually in there,and we all know how that goes once we are in. We are like cockroaches,you can't get rid of us once in.

If I were a leader of a country and saw the US lining up bases around my country,I would put 2+2 together really quick.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If every country reacted the same way Russia is right now the world would be on fire.

Israel would have delivered the "Samson Option" long ago.

North Korea would have launched nukes at Seoul and Tokyo

I could go on.

Bases near your border does not mean an invasion is imminent. Has the term "Controlled containment" come to mind? Perhaps there are bases in those countries to keep Russia from doing EXACTLY what it has done in Ukraine? What it did in Georgia? Maybe there's a REASON Ukraine wanted to join NATO. Perhaps there's a reason countries have in the recent past clamored to join NATO? Russia has had a very telling history of carving off parts of it's neighbors for itself.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

www.state.gov...

As Ukraine has stood up, the United States and our European allies and partners have stood with her – supporting programs to keep homes warm, secure more of the border, protect citizens’ rights and to meet urgent defensive, non-lethal needs of the Ukrainian military and security forces. Since the crisis began, the United States provided almost $355 million in foreign assistance – in addition to the May 2014 $1 billion loan guarantee – to strengthen energy security; insulate Ukraine’s poorest citizens from the impact of rising gas costs; help fight corruption; strengthen the Ukrainian border guard and military – $118 million in security support alone – and to support political reforms, elections and cleaner government.

www.defensenews.com...

Ukraine Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak has said the country will dedicate $3 billion to fund the fight against pro-Russian rebels, including $110 million for buying weapons abroad.

At the show, Poroshenko was said to have met for an hour with the UAE's crown prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, and walked the show floor, which was lined with armored vehicles, missiles and automatic weapons from all over the world

The DPR has also found after the fighting,US guns of all types,flags,ammo,etc left as the Ukrainian forces pulled back.

Where did he get the money to buy weapons? And someone please explain to me,when does a weapon go from defense to offense? If something kills people,it kills people.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

As far as the state dept.goes,you can read between the lines.They never tell the real truth.As far as them trying to keep homes warm....well that is laughable. Just wait till this next winter comes on and people can't afford gas to heat their homes. The price of gas is going to more than double by conservative estimates.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So I guess we must also take that finding Kalashnikovs on the bodies of dead Eastern Ukrainians means Russian is supplying them, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Very predictable. I think a token sent to the Baltic States as a reassurance is somewhat different from a full mobilisation. This token does not constitute a war mobilisation and move to attack Russia, as oft quoted by the "Russia is a victim" brigade.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

1.Ukraine used to build some of Russia's weapons for them,what ones I don't exactly know,but it would not be unusual to see Russian weapons there considering how close they are.
2.Its the same way you find US weapons in every single fight in the world,nations that make weapons,sell them to others,there is always money to be made in killing innocent people.
3.Do Russian weapons get over to Ukraine? Of course they do. Russia either sends them or they are bought or whatever,like I said,same with US weapons.

If you can't even keep your people fed,why would you go out and buy weapons to kill then? They are cutting people's pensions,their salaries(expect for those in the Rada of course),their gas to keep warm and cook by is going waaaay up,but they have money for weapons. If you and your family were starving to death,I'm sure you would take that last $20 and spend it on a weapon right? No you would buy food for them to eat.And this one is just coming in......every bit of charity given to Ukrainians will now be taxed at 20%. Think I'm joking? Go look it up. Anything that actually helps the people is being taken from them. But they have money to buy weapons of course.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The DPR has also found after the fighting,US guns of all types,flags,ammo,etc left as the Ukrainian forces pulled back.

This is why they found all those weapons...

Losses of foreign legions and NATO mercenaries in Donbass

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I wasn't trying to convince you, just counter your insistence that US NATO isn't expanding into Eastern EUrope. I do that for others a lot. You keep right on with your bad self, saying, "where, show me".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join