It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In a situation like this, I ask myself:

What would Putin do?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The convoy of trucks has been widely debunked, apparently setting up a stage for a concert marking the one year anniversary of the annexation of Crimea.

If this is going ahead as planned, then there must be some semblance of normalcy in Moscow. Of course, it could just be that no one told the event planners not to bother.

Here's what we know:

1) Putin missing for almost two weeks
2) No one has denied or confirmed any rumors
3) No flag over Kremlin. This has been confirmed, but questions remain whether this is normal
4) Rumors of embassy staff leaving London are unconfirmed. Given level of media scrutiny doubtful this one is true
5) Leader of one opposition party shot in street, and leader of another opposition party quits unexpectedly. Was he forced out (IE told if he didn't quit, he'd be next lying in the street)?
6) No lights in Kremlin last night or tonight
7) Fire in Kremlin tonight
8) No tanks in streets, no strange military maneuvers. A military coup would generally be supported by strange military movements, strange military equipment placement, and military units en masse in streets of the capital city of any country.

There are lots of conflicting reports, and none that have really been confirmed by official sources. During a coup, when there is a power struggle, it usually is an extremely confusing time.

If official news sources start trying to cover up the movements of their political leaders, you know something is up, whatever it is. When they're running old news stories and pretending they've just happened, and running stories of meetings that haven't actually happened yet, claiming they have, you know that they're trying to protect the illusion that their leadership is still in charge, when they aren't.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

We have those in Toronto and Montreal. Doesn't take long to set things up and dismantle. The idea of rerouting traffic for a couple of months because of a race, people would rise up!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster Now that will be on wristbands and being sold on Ebay Tomorrow! In the morning , Cyrus and the Bieb will also be mia , publicity like this is priceless.

link   

A man lays a flower beside a headstone featuring an illustration depicting Russian President Vladimir Putin sporting the type of mustache associated with late Nazi leader Adolf Hitler and inscribed with an unflattering slogan, during a mock funeral ceremony outside the Russian embassy in Kiev on March 15, 2015

Photo caption from source article

Kiev has an interesting interpretation of Putin's absence from view.

link   
a reply to: babybunnies

3) No flag over Kremlin. This has been confirmed, but questions remain whether this is normal
Confirmed how?

6) No lights in Kremlin last night or tonight
Source?

False.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Putin is a strongman and control freak.

I can't believe that if he's still able, he wouldn't have made some sort of appearance just to show that he's still in charge.

I highly doubt that he's so sick that he can't get out of bed to dispel any sort of rumors that he's dead.

If he's in Switzerland, surely a simple picture with the newspaper of the day would have sufficed.

Not hearing from one of the strongest dictators in the World for days on end, with no public assurances from the man in question, leads to betting money being on that he's no longer in charge, in some capacity.

If he's no longer in charge, there will be a massive power struggle in Russia, I bet there's all sorts of political maneuvering going on in the background.

link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
a reply to: Phage

They appear to be referencing the existence of the rumor when using the word 'fact'

No, we're referencing the release of factual information by sources as FACT.

There are things that are unproven (such as the embassy story, the baby, the coup etc) but that doesn't mean statements from the Kremlin are also instantly nothing but "rumour".

There seem to be some people here who have simply missed all the reporting, the sources and the confirmed information and just want to jump in at the end screaming "LIES!!!"

Maybe if some of these people actually read the thread, followed links, read through sources they might have a clue.

link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Can you send me any links or pics of the Fire in the Kremlin?
I mean it can't be the fire that was proven to have been 5k away from the Kremlin at the Monastery that you are talking about right?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
ohh man!

So Putin had the flu? lol 36 pages
hilarious...

Or maybe its real, Putin is gonna retire?

Did you miss the post with the suggestion Putin died in 1990's and that there are 6 Putin look-alikes running around? Some posts made me smile…okay they made me ROFL.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

That video of the Convent is a still, anyway the building is scaffolded, stuff happens often in those cases, however the emergency perimeter is pretty big, seen here,

Maybe Putin was in there, he has Christian values reportedly, but who knows what's going on anyway, Putin's soft core mafia as opposed to hard core mafia? doesn't make much sense, Putin has a lot of support in Russia and has got the country working again, and he got Crimea/Sevastopol back..that is not going to change anytime soon, and even by Western accounts, it's pretty peaceful in Crimea at this time.
To add, it seems the fire is now contained or out, and that most of the burning was from wood in the scaffolding, which does make sense from the burning embers seen in some pictures.
A picture of the Convent in daylight before any repair work,

Ironically there is a fire, likely a woods fire ongoing in the background.

edit on 15-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

That's a great analysis 5th. It all seems logical. The trouble being that Putin having stated he would use Nukes, because he would have to, might have been the clincher, that triggered a power struggle. Where any war on that scale would be very bad for business. I think the only ones with the stomach for this sort of thing are the old soviet style Generals, which seem to be the power brokers . On the other hand most of the people who matter in Moscow like the affluent life they have now, and would be hurting with the sanctions which, Putin would be blamed for. Putin has been risking, their wealth. Which would only increase with a western style democracy. Putin might be an anachronism , who's policies were considered to dangerous.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here are the best theories about why Putin has disappeared

Something may be afoot in Moscow.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, known for his frequent and carefully calibrated media appearances, has not been definitively spotted in public since his March 5 meeting with the Italian prime minister.

This absence, the longest in years, comes amid rumors that the political elite in Moscow is fracturing after the assassination of prominent opposition figure Boris Nemtsov within sight of the Kremlin's walls.

Suspicions have been running high since Putin canceled a trip to Astana, Kazakhstan that was scheduled for this week, Reuters reports. A Kazakh source told Reuters that Putin had canceled the trip after becoming ill.

Any claims of illness were quickly denied by Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, who told Reuters that Putin "has meetings all the time. He has meetings today, tomorrow. I don't know which ones we will make public."

But no images of Putin since the March 5 meeting with the Italian prime minister have been published. And images of Putin attending an International Woman's Day event on March 8 were later proved to have been taken on March 5.

And video featuring Putin meeting with Russian supreme court chairman Vyacheslav Lebedev on March 13 wasn't live.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The lights in Kremlin thing I believe is from EarthCam.

www.earthcam.com...

That dark spot in the middle is the Kremlin, I believe. You can see other nights if you scroll down and click on the images.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

They appear to be referencing the existence of the rumor when using the word 'fact'

No, we're referencing the release of factual information by sources as FACT.

There are things that are unproven (such as the embassy story, the baby, the coup etc) but that doesn't mean statements from the Kremlin are also instantly nothing but "rumour".

There seem to be some people here who have simply missed all the reporting, the sources and the confirmed information and just want to jump in at the end screaming "LIES!!!"

Maybe if some of these people actually read the thread, followed links, read through sources they might have a clue.

They parrot what Russia Today reports to them..

link   
Informed sources are saying a "slow motion coup" is underway in Russia
SOURCE
SOURCE

President of the "Mercury Club" and former Russian Prime Minister, Yevgeny Primakov, gave a speech to the countries most powerful elite, ripping Putin's policies "to bits," and gave the blueprint for a new political structure that appears to be unfolding as we speak (including the purging of the very members that are notably missing).

(From the sources, the "Mercury Club" ranks as highly influential in Russian elite circles.)

link   
a reply to: ManiShuck

That dark spot in the middle is the Kremlin, I believe.

No. It's Novodevichy Convent, as the website says.
The same place the fire occurred. It's a couple of miles from the Kremlin.
edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Really? in 1990? Rofl

Hide and seek grandmaster? So OBL was only 2nd? haha -- never amazes to surprice me.
(/me writes another episode of James Bond)

Something is going on thou, since the US is putting the pressure back on Assad (Syria).. ?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

John Galt is a character in Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged (1957). Although he is not identified by name until the last third of the novel, he is the object of its...

en.wikipedia.org...

Does that help?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join