It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I'm Embarrassed' For Republicans Who Sent Letter To Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Embarrassed pfft 😤😤😤 I beg to differ sir see the mature thing would to just do what he is going to do with his mighty pen but saying he is embarrassed is playing at the same level as the congressmen...

link to huffpo article

"I'm embarrassed for them," Obama told Vice. "For them to address a letter to the ayatollah -- the supreme leader of Iran, who they claim is our mortal enemy -- and their basic argument to them is: don't deal with our president, because you can't trust him to follow through on an agreement... That's close to unprecedented."

A total of 47 senators signed the letter, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.). Several other Republicans threw their support behind the letter, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, both considered potential contenders for the 2016 GOP presidential primary.

Vice President Joe Biden slammed the letter in a statement earlier this week, describing it as being "beneath the dignity of an institution I revere."

A HuffPost/YouGov poll found Americans are more likely than not to say it was inappropriate for GOP senators to send the letter

I don't like Obama the least bit but this game of charades is getting old..

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was actually embarrassed too. For our entire country. These are publicly elected officials. That means their signature stands for literally thousands of people!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This episode in American history could have legs - 94 of them, running from what they did. Surprised that not one of the senators that signed the letter had the smarts to change their mind and retract their name before the thing became public.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

This is why he kept the Osama Bin Laden hunt a secret. GOP would have warned him we were coming!

Dear Osama,

Our liberal president is sending baddies to come get you. 9/11 was, like, so early 21st century and Obama's all like "I don't care, he blew up our buildings". I know, totally gay, right? Anyway, just hide really well next week.

Sincerely, GOP

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
America has become the A$$ of the political world...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Now Obama knows how the country feels about him being our President, except embarrassed doesn't even adequately convey the shame.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Embarrassed, huh?

I wonder how he'll feel about these Republicans... and Democrats... who are now saying pretty much the same thing in an open letter to him:

House warns Obama on Iran Deal

A bipartisan majority of House lawmakers have written a letter to President Obama backing up the letter 47 GOP senators controversially addressed to Iran on Monday with dire warnings about the impending nuke deal. Some 250 members had signed the House letter by Friday afternoon, a clear majority of the chamber.

I'm not sure what to think, except that all is not what Obama and others would have us believe.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Obama got embarrassed a couple of weeks ago when Iran rejected his proposals.

Now he can shift blame for his own massive failures.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was waiting for you to jump in jeez took you long enough hes trying to salvage the little he can of his career.a reply to: xuenchen

(post by Granite removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: Metallicus
Now Obama knows how the country feels about him being our President, except embarrassed doesn't even adequately convey the shame.

I call Obozo the "double-down" gambler:
• Iran turns down his nuke delay deal, Obozo "double-down's" and goes to the UN with his failed plan instead of working on tougher sanctions.

• His 2012 re-election team tells him his promise of $2500 reduction in policy is impossible and recommends he admit the real cost, Obozo "double-down's" says no we will deal with it later... in seven years!

I could go on and on with examples because never once has he said "okay, let's work together on a solution".

"I'm embarrassed" indeed Obozo indeed...

I don't think you understand the expression or use of "double-down". Doubling-down is when something doesn't work (like incorrectly using the term "double-down") and, instead of backing off or doing something different, the person compounds it with a more extreme version of what they just did (like your even worse usage of double-down on your second example).

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

It seems quite clear to me. Basically Obama is a liar and as pundits have pointed out, his nose keeps getting longer and longer, "doubling-down" to even more of an unbelievable train wreck that what he creates. 'Course, maybe you can't see it if you agreeing with his constant blaming of everybody else for where he stumbles. This man is not a leader, he is a disaster.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Im embarassed for the Americans who elected them into office, just another drop in the ocean of shame all Americans must swim through in this life.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yea and Obama has been a known bypasser of constitutional protocol. The House also had to send the ATF a letter a few weeks ago reminding them that any action taken in regards to His Majesties executive order concerning ammo would be unconstitutional. Obamas sidestepping emigration policies are being challenged in court.

Its been so bad lately really that they have had to break the glass on the Harry Reid alarm box and get his whining azz out again.

edit on 13-3-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Funny how the senate Republicans just gave thier hated enemies a way out if the talks fail.

Both sides can point to this and claim the letter ruined the talks.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So i have a shovel i can lend Obama to see if he can dig his way out of this one the bottom line is he always tries to not take responsibility for any of his mistakes I guess this really is a game a chess sacrifice all the pawns.. reply to: Aliensun

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
***DEFEATIST ANALOGY WARNING***

If manipulation of the media were a baseball game, Obama vs. Congress is tantamount to the Yankees taking on a high school J.V. squad; they're out of their league, and playing against a juiced opponent.

In the game they're playing, there's no such thing as an even playing field, the Umpire (the MSM, in this case) has been paid off, and more than half the guys on their team are stealing signals for the Yankees. They may as well forfeit the game, and go home.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
They make us all look like this....

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am so proud of these Senators. While many of you see this as embarrassing, I am just the opposite.

For the last few years, for some reason Americans have slipped into a state of forgetfulness.

America has three co-equal branches of government. Obama's entire demeanor and words have sent out the vibe that his word is golden. He talks as if he is everybody's boss!! He is not, and no president before him was.

The msm treats him as if he is Supreme Leader. What are journalism schools nowadays teaching these journalists (and I use that term lightly)? Do they not understand that he is not above our elected representative.

When even our standing committee on foreign relations is cut out of the loop, something is amiss. When the Executive refuses to work with our elected representatives and senators, something is wrong....very wrong. When a president looks our congressmen in the eye and says with a straight face that they can be cut out with a pen and a phone, this puts the country (other than the kook-aid drinkers) on edge.

Iran going nuclear nudge by nudge is deeply disconcerting. Iran's government is the #1 exporter of terrorism throughout the world! Whatever he is about to do with the UN's Security Council will virtually cut the senate out of the picture. Iran needed to know that whatever they think they might get away with based on Obama's p*ssification and hatred for Israel, others are watching closely and will not be ignored.

These senators sent an explanatory letter. They did not pull a "Jane Fonda" nor a "John Kerry/Daniel Ortega" meet-up. I for one want to thank them for having our back.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Speaking for myself, I don't feel the slightest embarrassment from what these Senators did. Nor do I feel it was treasonous. I do, however, feel that the letter was pointless, as they could have either had the next President simply void the deal, or pressured the next President to do so, depending on said next President's party affiliation.

Strategically, the letter was ill-timed, and fruitless, as it will most likely become a Security Council agreement that will have more far-reaching effects should the U.S. decide to try to step away from it in the future.

Just my personal opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join