It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I'm Embarrassed' For Republicans Who Sent Letter To Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All I know is after reading the letter all I cold think was obviously! As if they don't know not to trust the people out to kill them...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And their bank accounts and the defense contractors they represent who want to keep sending Americans to war thank you right back!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Just in case you weren't aware, there are plenty of profiteers, and warmongers on both sides of the aisle, in Washington, D.C.
edit on 3/13/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I know you see this differently, but he IS a strong supporter of defense and wants a more aggressive foreign policy. He did not try to hide his visit to NDIA. I have been reading about and discussing Tom Cotton, and he is a no nonsense, upfront, and straight talker. Some Americans believe in a strong America. We do not desire a "de-development" policy and espouse the peace through strength policy.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Do you guys (Americans) ever ask yourselves why your foreign policy network keeps working while your national policies and politics grind to a halt? Why is that? Who wins that war? Ya know, the one that keeps your country united? Just askin, cos I can see a whole shambles here, and it saddens me.

(post by ~Lucidity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Do you guys (Americans) ever ask yourselves why your foreign policy network keeps working while your national policies and politics grind to a halt? Why is that? Who wins that war? Ya know, the one that keeps your country united? Just askin, cos I can see a whole shambles here, and it saddens me.

Please elaborate.

It is the push and pull that keeps things balanced. It is the arguments and debates that keep our Constitution living. The pendulum always swings, and we Americans just go with it, kicking and screaming.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Quote removed by Staff

To you....not to everybody.
edit on 14-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I know you see this differently, but he IS a strong supporter of defense and wants a more aggressive foreign policy. He did not try to hide his visit to NDIA. I have been reading about and discussing Tom Cotton, and he is a no nonsense, upfront, and straight talker. Some Americans believe in a strong America. We do not desire a "de-development" policy and espouse the peace through strength policy.

They gave NO alternative. That's a fail any way you want to slice it. It was a pissy, sissy move and half of them probably didn't even read it. They just signed because it was the party way. Party over country every time with these people. Just sad.

He is under no obligation to inform them about the talks. None. We have a president for a reason, and it is his job to determine foreign policy and make agreements. Congress has their role in that later, and this is not it nor was it the time. They set out to undermine him and him alone and undermined our entire nation.

Cotton also took AIPAC money and is a Kristol protege...but hey, if neocons float your boat, have at it. I'm sure you or your kids will be enlisting to fight their next three-decade long war of choice.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am well aware. I don't give a flying f*ck what party signed it. They're an embarrassment.

To you....not to everybody.

No. To everybody. Whether you want to choose to stay in denial about it or admit that or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As for your new hero, Tom Cotton, you might want to find out a little more about him, especially if you're a woman.

And again, I don't give a flip what stupid party he's in.

He and his cronies are playing a game that insults us all. And I don't think as many people are going to be fooled into yet another war.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
And I will leave you with this.

That about sums their actions up for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Any links?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Please elaborate.

It is the push and pull that keeps things balanced. It is the arguments and debates that keep our Constitution living. The pendulum always swings, and we Americans just go with it, kicking and screaming.

And that, I think, is the saddest excuse for maintaining the status quo I have ever heard. Good luck with your swings and roundabouts. Be ready to pick all those who fall off the ride up though yeah?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It is a violation of the Logan by word and spirit. Now the Executive branch must dole out punishment after a fair trial of the treasonous. Selective prosecution coming up.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm confused. People like Bill Kristol and Paul Singer contributed to his campaign. Cotton supports Israel, our long time and best ally in the ME and is pro military.

What am I missing? People running for office get big campaign donations. Tom Cotton has made no bones about his support for Israel, nor has he tried to hide his pro military stance.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm embarrassed at our entire Government at this point. What a laughing stock. And one that really isn't functioning very well you could say.
We need to hang or I mean remove every one of them from office. Only way to fix it.-

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is the embarrassment: that a bought and paid for shill with less than two months on the job in the Senate is subverting US foreign policy for his $$$ masters:

"Tehran" Tom Cotton was Bribed almost a Million Bucks to Send the Iran Letter (I'll copy my full post from this thread to here)

"Tehran" Tom Cotton was Bribed almost a Million Bucks to Send the Iran Letter

Yep. Tehran Tom got a ton of “contributions” from agents of a foreign power to betray his country. He and the rest of the Teapublican Treason Team all took Israel’s side against America’s, but Tehran Tom the Traitor Tot got paid nearly a million dollars to do so. Perhaps the other Teapubbies got such bribes as well, but we have the goods on Tommie:

Kristol’s Emergency Committee for Israel gave Tom Cotton nearly $1 million in his race for the Senate just five months ago Eli Clifton reported. “Cotton received $960,250 in supportive campaign advertising in the last month.”

Cotton also got $165,000 from Elliott Management Paul Singer’s hedge fund. Singer is the billionaire who is trying to stop Obama’s Iran talks (Clifton’s reporting again).

Notice the pattern, Gentle Reader: money comes in, and a letter goes out. It is bribery, plain and simple.

Perhaps the other 46 Senators who tried to kneecap the Prexy with their illegal letter weren’t likewise bought by agents of a foreign nation, which is scant mitigation for their crimes. Scant but something. Tehran Tom was bought and paid for by another government than ours: and their interests are not the same as ours.

A look at the sources reveal:

Senator who spearheaded letter to Iran got $1 million from Kristol’s ‘Emergency Committee for Israel:’

The U.S. media have been sadly incurious about the origins of yesterday’s unprecedented Open Letter of 47 Republicans to the Iranian leadership seeking to block the president’s likely deal with Iran. The press has portrayed the letter as the work of Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, a 37-year-old freshman senator so new to the limelight that the New York Times got his name wrong on first impression. But as a Times commenter writes, “Does anyone really believe the ‘freshman senator from Arkansas’ wrote the letter? No.”

I don’t know who wrote the letter, but I can tell you whose fingerprints are on it: the only folks who are supporting it publicly, the hard-right Israel lobby. Even as Cotton himself splutters on national television, rightwing lobby groups are the main voices out there defending the letter.

Like Bill Kristol of the Emergency Committee for Israel:
Cotton open letter: “Just so you know, we’re a constitutional democracy. Congress (or next president) has a say.” Dem response: Hysteria.

J Street’s Dylan Williams fingers Bill Kristol for writing the letter: Who gave @SenTomCotton & others the awful idea for the Iran letter? Seems like Sarah Palin-for-VP-level bad advice doesn’t it @BillKristol ?

There’s a reason for Williams’s suspicion. Kristol’s Emergency Committee for Israel gave Tom Cotton nearly $1 million in his race for the Senate just five months ago, Eli Clifton reported. “Cotton received $960,250 in supportive campaign advertising in the last month.” (Thanks to Kay24 in comments).

Cotton also got $165,000 from Elliott Management Paul Singer’s hedge fund. Singer is the billionaire who is trying to stop Obama’s Iran talks (Clifton’s reporting again). He funds the Israel Project too– Josh Block’s efforts.

From Lobelog:

EXCLUSIVE: Emergency Committee for Israel Spends Big on Rep. Cotton

The people who helped lay the groundwork for the war in Iraq have a favorite candidate for today’s midterm election, and that candidate is Rep. Tom Cotton (R) from Arkansas’ 4th congressional district, who is challenging Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR) for his Senate seat.

According to newly released FEC filings, Cotton received $960,250 in supportive campaign advertising in the last month from the Emergency Committee for Israel (ECI), a right-wing group headed by the neoconservative pundit, Bill Kristol, who infamously predicted that the Iraq war would last two months. At its inception, the ECI was based out of the same Washington office as the Committee of the Liberation of Iraq, a pressure group that lobbied for the 2003 invasion.

The credibility of Kristol and his neoconservative colleagues was seriously put into question after it was revealed that the war they lobbied for since the time of the Clinton administration failed to turn up weapons of mass destruction.

Bill Kristol is also one of the biggest influences in pushing us into war in Iraq if we recall. It was going to be a "two month war," and we were sure to find "weapons of mass destruction." Lies then as they are lies now. Yet here we are hearing the same lies from the same people trying to goad us into war with Iran.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You Obama haters kill me. In every situation when the Republican party does something UTTERLY STUPID, irresponsible and reckless, which happens A LOT with today’s Republican Party, you immediately use your gift for convoluted, twisted logic to rationalize it as Obama’s fault. Whether you’re shutting the government down for no good reason, threatening to not honor financial obligations you’ve already signed off on, thus putting the country’s credit rating/status in jeopardy, taking some poor old lady’s Meals on Wheels away from her to help subsidize big business/big oil, or sabotaging this country’s ability to negotiate matters of foreign policy, when the SHTF and it backfires on you, you’re incapable of accepting responsibility for your f---up and in every case point the finger at Obama. Give me a friggin break. You insult the intelligence of eveyone with an IQ over 60 when you do this. And you make yourself appear petty and childish.

I guess I was lucky growing up in that my parents taught me that I must own my failures, but should learn from them and always move on. So, it rubs me wrong when I see others who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. And it bugs me even more so when they point their cowardly, dishonest fingers at others to shoulder the blame.

President Obama has done NOTHING wrong here. He’s doing his job (which is more than I can say for Congress) and executing the responsibilities of his office, as stated in the US Constitution. Read it sometime. See Article II, section 2 of the Constitution regarding foreign relations and the President’s role in making agreements and treaties with foreign countries. Our Legislative Branch, at most, is given the power to “advise and consent” once the negotiations and agreements are done. They do not have a role in the negotiating process. This has been accepted practice and protocol for over 200 years. That is until the other day when Republicans stuck their noses where they didn’t belong. Practically every reputable, respected political analyst and historian has confirmed this stunt to be irresponsible, overreaching and potentially damaging to future foreign relations involving America.

The funny part about this letter is that it was worded like it was written by a junior high school student. It was apparently presumed that the Iranian officials are total idiots and would require wording in simple layman’s terms. As it turns out, the Iranian high level officials have more Phd’s from American Universities on their staff than we do, and they had to correct these GOP buffoons on the letter of the US Constitution.

Between the Boehner/Netenyahu circus and the Letter to Iran debacle, the Republicans are on a roll, and America’s status in the world is quickly eroding. Not only are we losing the trust and faith of others on the world stage, we’ve become a laughing stock over the stupidity of our “elected leaders”. I don’t know how this country got so dumbed down in such a short period of time, but if it doesn’t wise up soon we’re headed for a big fall.

I could go on, but why waste my time? If you’re an Obama hater, and one who passes the buck to cover up your (your party’s) failures, then this post is pointless anyway. I just know there are a lot of folks out there today badly in need of an attitude adjustment. The apparent lack of grey matter going around, though, is an entirely different problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

He and his cronies are playing a game that insults us all. And I don't think as many people are going to be fooled into yet another war.

I wish I had your faith in humanity

I think the horrible truth is...there is more of them than the likes of you.

The evidence in world wide affairs is obvious. It's even obvious on a micro level of local governments and their voters. You get what you paid for...and you didn't read the label

the evidence:

yet another war

There are always those who are against going into...another one.

They never seem to prevail. In the end...warmongers always get their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join