It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Thread: My opinion on the 12 Universal Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

So really you taught your kids the same thing you just don't call it sin.

I call it the difference between Right and Wrong. They know in their very bones the difference between Right and Wrong - and it took no "religion" or "church" or "belief" to see that.
It does NOT require self-effacing to make someone a good citizen.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I call it the difference between Right and Wrong. They know in their very bones the difference between Right and Wrong - and it took no "religion" or "church" or "belief" to see that.

Again I will ask what standard of Right and wrong are you appealing to? Hitler's standard. Your own standard? Societies standard?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes it's free will.

It's not "Free Will" is one is only allowed to do what's permitted.

If I tell you that you shouldn't drink bleach because it will kill you, does that mean I have removed your free will to drink bleach?

That's not an equivalent example. Adam and Eve eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil wasn't a deadly poison. It isn't what killed them. God's decision to remove them from Garden, thus the Tree of Life, is what introduced "death" into their life.

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

Now that man has been initiated, knowing good and evil, it's time for man to leave "The Garden" and go out and create his own way, discover and subdue the world, find fame and fortune in the "New World" that we create ourselves.

It's all allegory. There is no such thing as "Original Sin" brought about by the "sin" of a mythical couple. We enter this realm as neophytes, learning to master this "New World" that is part of "The Kingdom of God" that we have inherited.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

LOL!!!

gain I will ask what standard of Right and wrong are you appealing to?

Believe it or not, Serv - it is the very lesson that Jesus taught.

"Love your neighbor as yourself. "

Honestly, I can't believe you just asked me that.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And if someone were to begin teaching you kids they should love everyone but blacks? What standard would you appeal to to say your standard was right and their standard was wrong?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"Right and Wrong" aren't things that can be taught. Their understanding comes from deep seated feelings of empathy.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And why do you call me demon possessed when I author threads out of love for you (and others) because I believe that you believe in a lie? Live and let live.

I wasn't mocking you either, I was mocking the bible, you are not the bible. Some of the things are downright wrong and ridiculous. I respect your opinion but you calling me demon possessed is not respectful to my opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And if someone were to begin teaching you kids they should love everyone but blacks? What standard would you appeal to to say your standard was right and their standard was wrong?

This is ridiculous. LOL!!!!!

Someone might try to say that, but my kids would know it was a CROCK OF SHYTE.

There's not a racist thing in how I raised my kids here at all - not even close. Neither was there in my OWN upbringing.
On the other hand - if people act like assholes, they (regardless of skin tone) need to be made aware (treated like) they are assholes. Condemning others because they have different beliefs is not acceptable.

If, instead, they are trying to pass legislation or take over whole swaths of geography while at the same time marginalizing, degrading, KILLING, withholding rights, or oppressing them ----- then - they are equally guilty for propagating inflammatory nonsense.

Good Gawd. You make me worried, sick, and tired - all at the same time.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Right and Wrong" aren't things that can be taught. Their understanding comes from deep seated feelings of empathy.

So if my understanding is that it would be good for me to steal everything you and your family have. I understand that people with money aren't stressed over financial gain, and that other peoples sadness doesn't make me sad. So the idea of Right that I would come to would be entirely different than yours. So again how would you say your understanding from your feelings of empathy contradicts my understanding and my feelings of empathy.
edit on 13-3-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: wrong person teehee

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I understand that people with money aren't stressed over financial gain, and that other peoples sadness doesn't make me sad.

Wut?

Other people's sadness doesn't make you sad?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Someone might try to say that, but my kids would know it was a CROCK OF SHYTE. There's not a racist thing in how I raised my kids here at all - not even close. Neither was there in my OWN upbringing.

So the way your kids would know that was a CROCK OF SHYTE is because momma said so? So you are the ultimate standard of right and wrong? And the way you know what right and wrong is because your momma said so??? What if your momma was wrong and the guys momma who said love everyone but blacks is right?

We keep talking in ciricles because you keep begging my question. What is the Objective standard of Right and Wrong you were appealing to when you were raising your Kids? You said love neighbor as you love yourself. So what if someone said no thats wrong and its right to love yourself and forget your neighbor? You see you have no standard of morals to appeal to, other than your mothers....I believe you know right and wrong because God gave all humans regardless of belief the ability to know what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

We keep talking in ciricles because you keep begging my question.

I'm not begging the question.

What is the Objective standard of Right and Wrong you were appealing to when you were raising your Kids?

Not hurting other people.

You said love neighbor as you love yourself.

That's what JESUS said. And I taught my kids that, too. Believe it or not!!!

So what if someone said no thats wrong and its right to love yourself and forget your neighbor?
I would shove them out the door.

You see you have no standard of morals to appeal to, other than your mothers...

Wow.

I believe you know right and wrong because God gave all humans regardless of belief the ability to know what is right and what is wrong.

Well, gee. Thanks.

RELIGION is NOT REQUIRED for morals.

edit on 3/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

thats all just a thought game. Its not seriously...my beliefs.. this is why I have an issue with your comments...you don't even try and think about what is being said you just want to argue because you don't like the Christian faith cause it tells you your not perfect...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I have no issue at all with people of the Christian faith who actually uphold his teachings. He didn't condemn people....

Whatever. You don't know me, and obviously and apparently aren't even going to try.

End of chat.
Thanks for playing.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm not begging the question

You most definitely are. Here I will show you with this post.

Not hurting other people.

What standard are you appealing to that says Not hurting people is Good? There is the question again....circle circle circle....This is not an objective standard. I can simply refute this by saying Hurting people is good. Then you would say no hurting people is bad. Then I would say no Good. You would be having a debate over whether hurting people is Good because there is no standard outside of personal opinion to appeal to.......

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Right and wrong come from within, and can't be taught. What is the reason that you would steal from some one else?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Did you not get the memo? End of chat.

You are, in my humble opinion.............never mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Right and wrong come from within, and can't be taught. What is the reason that you would steal from some one else?

I agree with that but feelings of empathy can't be the standard as the understandings drawn from empathy my be completely contradictory making truth contradictory which cannot happen lol otherwise there is no longer truth.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Thats chart is based on a faluty premise. That the Bible is one source. Like I said your completely irrational.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Thats chart is based on a faluty premise. That the Bible is one source. Like I said your completely irrational.

Like I said - end of chat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join