It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Thread: My opinion on the 12 Universal Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So what happened to all the talking snakes? Did they go extinct?

They missed the boat, along with the dinosaurs!
edit on 13-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Don't forget the unicorns and satyrs too!

There's always a roundabout way of explaining things away with the bible. How convenient.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don't forget the unicorns and satyrs too!

No, no. The unicorns and satyrs made it on the boat, Isaiah says so! Also, there was at least one talking donkey.

edit on 13-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

How could I forget the donkey! Now all they say is "HEEHAW!". God worked so many important miracles back then, where'd he go?! I want to hear animals talk too dammit!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Like dude if you want to actually discuss the issue we can if you here to just make fun of my beliefs please just go troll another thread. Christians don't think that was some species of snake that could talk. The serpent was indwelled by lucifer, hence the reason it could talk. non believers like yourself like to make fun of the miracle claims a lot with analyzing the philosophical worldview that those claims are based on

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

What about the donkey that talked in Numbers 22? Was it indwelled by Satan too? It says God opened its mouth to talk.

I apologize for making fun of your beliefs. I just see you accusing me of being possessed and led by demons quite a bit and I find that a bit disrespectful in itself.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Abednego

Did Adam and Eve really have free will? God, as the myth goes, told them they could "eat" of any tree except one. If they could "do" anything but one "thing", If they do the one thing, God promised they would die, even though they should have had no concept of death. Is that free will? I think not.

If Adam and Eve DID have free will. then exercising it wouldn't have been evil or wrong. Exercising free will, in disobedience of God could not be a sin, it would have been an initiation.

When our children mature to a certain degree, we send them off into the wild word to live on their own, lest they live off us forever! It a wonderful and exciting time, for most young people.

By the way, I agree with Caladonea, the story of Adam and Eve is allegory for the human condition, not history.

The OT is all about obeying God, no matter what. So basically the OT God does not like free will, He punished those who exercise free will and reward those who do what He wants. So using your free will was evil and is still is for the major religions.

I agree with Caladonea too.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You answered your own question. If god opened its mouth is it natural occurrence? No.
edit on 13-3-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: read numbers had to refresh memory something didn't seem right lol

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yet you attributed a snake being able to talk as the work of Lucifer. Seems as though Satan has the same abilities as your God, giving a voice to things that shouldn't.

Maybe that explains this:

2 Samuel 24
1 Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2 So the king said to Joab and the army commanders[a] with him, “Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are.”

1 Chronicles 21
1 Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, “Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are.”

One says Satan, the other says God. Maybe they're one and the same. The bible does say Satan masquerades as an angel of light.
edit on 3/13/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Law of Divine Oneness:

"Everything is connected to everything else. What we think, say, do and believe will have a corresponding effect on others and the world around us.

All of humanity and God are one. We are always connected to force of God because the energy of God is everywhere at once, and permeates through all things living or material, as well as the the knowledge of God is infinite and always available to us. Each soul is part of God's energy.

PRECISELY!!!

And you have an issue with that?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I personally think they were real people. The text in no way applies those sections are to be taken metaphorically. The bible is pretty good about mentioning when something is a metaphor or something to be taken literally

What?!

They were not 'real people', not "a couple" named Adam and Eve, the latter of which was made of "Adam's rib". COMMON SENSE 'implies' (not 'applies') that those sections are DEFINITELY to be taken metaphorically.

Do you think the characters in Harry Potter are real, just because someone wrote a book about them? Or the characters in The Wizard of Oz, or Star Wars, or the Lord of the RIngs?

I just don't understand how you all can not discern that it is FABLE.

sheesh.
hopeless. *slaps forehead in disbelief*

Good Gawd, some days on here are like trying to have an intelligent conversation with people in a Sheltered Workshop.
edit on 3/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yet you attributed a snake being able to talk as the work of Lucifer. Seems as though Satan has the same abilities as your God, giving a voice to things that shouldn't.

Pardon my intromission in the debate, but I have to say something in here.
My opinion is that there wasn't a snake possessed in the garden. It was actually a dragon.

Read the definitions for seraph and saraph.
Seraph - burning one (implies fire)
Saraph - fiery serpent (implies the heat feel by the venom)
Some correlation in there.

Is possible that the word was a mistranslation. Remember that Satan is usually associated with a dragon.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What's an intromission?

My opinion is that there wasn't a snake possessed in the garden. It was actually a dragon.

Apart from the facts that there was no 'garden', no 'talking serpent' of any kind (possessed or otherwise), and no "Adam and Eve"....how did you arrive at this opinon??

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

What's an intromission?

Apart from the facts that there was no 'garden', no 'talking serpent' of any kind (possessed or otherwise), and no "Adam and Eve"....how did you arrive at this opinon??

Pardon my English. Not my first language. It does not mean the same thing in Spanish. Ooopss.

The discussion is about what is in the book. Not if what is written in the book is real.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Pardon my English. Not my first language.

No problem there - just wondered if you meant "intrusion" or "intermission" or "introduction" --

The discussion is about what is in the book. Not if what is written in the book is real.

No problem again - so - do you believe that any of the book is true? If so, what parts?
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Pardon my English. Not my first language.

No problem there - just wondered if you meant "intrusion" or "intermission" or "introduction" --

No problem again - so - do you believe that any of the book is true? If so, what parts?
Thanks for your reply.

The Bible is (I'll get a lot of critics for this) like a Dan Brown novel. A book with a mix of some real facts with a lot of not so real facts with the purpose to inspired and teach a lesson.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think you are spot on. Thanks again for your reply.
What is your native language?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Spanish. I'm from Puerto Rico.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Once again you have taken one verse out of context and built a false premise.

1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Any person who is in the act of sin is of the devil during that act of sin. You cannot be of God while in that act of sin.

1st John 3:9 is referencing Jesus the Son of God who cannot sin and is the only begotten of God. No man is born of God except Jesus. That is why Jesus is unique in that He is the only begotten of God. All of the rest of procreation is born of man and not born of God. Jesus' seed remained in Him as He was without sin. You must take verse 8 and verse 9 together to understand John. I have noted that you have presented this several times.

Being born again into the spirit of God is not to say that you are taken or begotten from God. Being born again means that you have joined the family of Jesus. You can only be of Jesus' Father through Jesus and no other way.

You have written "All have sinned, but once you are born of God you cannot go on sinning."

This does not reference you but is talking of Jesus. Being born again is not to say that you are begotten of God. Your birth was procreation by two other people who were also procreated. You are not begotten of the Father and your righteousness is only by the permissive will of God, through Christ Jesus, and not His perfect will. No man has ever known His perfect will nor ever shall know his perfect will.

You also wrote "I am not without sin but since I have come to know God I do not continue to sin." and "I used to be a sinner before I knew God, now that I know him I do not continue doing it. I am no longer a sinner."

I will not call you a liar but I will say that what you have said is not true at all. You have believed that lie through either pride or ignorance. You sin each hour of your life if not more. You and all of the rest of mankind are not righteous but are only counted righteous through YAHUSHA HAMASHIACH. That, of course, includes me as well.

You do not understand what you read.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join