It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine/Syrian Wars And What Is Behind It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Trouble is my friend the media have done an amazing job at programming a certain percentage of the population into believing their spin on the world news

It's not their fault they have these views it's the clever way the media has been structured into pushing a distorted slice of reality and after a while this become the truth

Journalists are too lazy to research stories and will print without fact checking

Even twitter these days can be used as a source!

This isn't about empire building anymore,the players who are causing all this unrest are not bound with the boundaries of one country.This is pure resource stealing and wealth leeching from parasites living in a bubble that seperated them from the rest of us on this earth

This isn't about the US or the West expanding and stealing land,things have changed and as long as a friendly face holds power and big companies can get fat contracts that's all they want

Of course this new required wealth will never reach into the populations pockets

If journalists decided to actualy do something worthwhile they would dig about into the finances of these world power players and print the truth

Then we would all see the west with the UK and USA are the scapegoats and the power players are not all citizens from within our borders but bloated morality free finance thieves who are above the law

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

any outlook on world economy ?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

- Ukrainians wanting to join the EU like many other Eastern European countries.

No they didn`t.

Moscow Times isn`t a trustworthy source and an Ukrainian poll...?

Here`s an American poll...A weak 37% approve of the EU's leadership.

- Yanukovych being so corrupt the EU wasn't going to pay him off directly to join, unlike what Russia did by giving him $3 Billion.

This part of the narrative was well explained by Der Spiegel, the German newsmagazine, even though it has generally taken a harshly anti-Russian line. But, in a retrospective piece published a year after the crisis began, Der Spiegel acknowledged that EU and German leaders were guilty of miscalculations that contributed to the civil war in Ukraine, particularly by under-appreciating the enormous financial costs to Ukraine if it broke its historic ties to Russia.

In November 2013, Yanukovych learned from experts at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine that the total cost to the country’s economy from severing its business connections to Russia would be around $160 billion, 50 times the $3 billion figure that the EU had estimated, Der Spiegel reported.

The figure stunned Yanukovych, who pleaded for financial help that the EU couldn’t provide, the magazine said. Western loans would have to come from the International Monetary Fund, which was demanding painful “reforms” of Ukraine’s economy, structural changes that would make the hard lives of average Ukrainians even harder, including raising the price of natural gas by 40 percent and devaluing Ukraine’s currency, the hryvnia, by 25 percent.

With Putin offering a more generous aid package of $15 billion, Yanukovych backed out of the EU agreement but told the EU’s Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius, Lithuania, on Nov. 28, 2013, that he was willing to continue negotiating. German Chancellor Angela Merkel responded with “a sentence dripping with disapproval and cool sarcasm aimed directly at the Ukrainian president. ‘I feel like I’m at a wedding where the groom has suddenly issued new, last minute stipulations,” according to Der Spiegel’s chronology of the crisis.

Source

The West gives much better deals...sell us 30% of your economy so you can have some money...

Vesti Finance reports that Ukraine will receive an IMF credit worth $15.4 billion only after Ukraine reduces its national debt to 70% of GDP. I suppose this is IMF's way of saying "when Hell freezes over" because currently Ukraine's debt is closer to 100% of GDP due to both hand-over-fist borrowing and the collapse of the real economy.

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

imf was running out of business
what a good way to get a customer and steal Ukraine gold perhaps so the Feds can repay Germans.

where is all the gold reserve from Ukraine didn't it used to be not so shabby of an amount? ..all gone .. business class to Washington
edit on 11-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ukraine gets the Greece treatment...and the Russian 90s treatment...get looted for your own good!
edit on 11 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I agree with much of your take but do have to remind ourselves that despite the MSM ability to hood wink most of the masses ,it's the few informed by alternative media that do put out research into stories behind the stories .Queen Hillary was not kidding when she said that they were loosing as far as the news goes . We on the other hand have discovered many good reliable blogs and alternative sites that pass along the other side of the story . Places like ATS should not be underestimated in getting the word out there .

Part of this phenomenon is verified by our beloved Google in the way they plan on ranking sites based on how truthful they are .John Kerry plea for more funding for the news is also saying that they are loosing the war of the mind . Zbigniew Brzezinski admission that the greatest threat to them (tptb) is that the masses are becoming more politically aware .

One of the sleeping issues for me today is , what did Russia/China glean from the Snowden files ...That may have been the game changer in all of this ...He may end up getting a heroes welcome some day in North America ....interesting times ....peace

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

- Ukrainians wanting to join the EU like many other Eastern European countries.

No they didn`t.

Moscow Times isn`t a trustworthy source and an Ukrainian poll...?

Here`s an American poll...A weak 37% approve of the EU's leadership.

That poll is about EU leadership and nothing to do with Ukrainians wanting to join the EU. Really? You gonna try and rebut the truth at least try harder than that!

Your other rebuttal about Moscows corruption buying off Yanukoych for $3 Billion wasn't on target either. It talked about the mess Ukraine was in economically being bigger than the EU expected.

People can read the links if they want to understand the story. Yours doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

With over 60% of Ukrainian export going to the Eurasian Economic Union, it adds up perfectly what the cost was going to be by turning away from them.

And you have studied economics ?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ukraine gets the Greece treatment...and the Russian 90s treatment...get looted for your own good!

Greece was growing over 3% on average for many years before it's government borrowed too much money.

www.tradingeconomics.com...

Ukraine would love to get Growth like Greece had!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

With over 60% of Ukrainian export going to the Eurasian Economic Union, it adds up perfectly what the cost was going to be by turning away from them.

And you have studied economics ?

Yes, I did.

The EU didn't expect Russia to invade Ukraine so no, it didn't expect Ukraine to get into such a financial mess. Most countries don't invade if you choose to sign an economic agreement with someone else. Only Russia does that....for the reasons I outlined earlier.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Oh yes, the wonderful Greek economy numbers brought to you by GS...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

one day I woke up went to shop and something that was yesterday €0.1 was suddenly €0.5 the day we became part of eu yet min wage remained a #ty €2 per hour for years to come. I ran as fast and as far away as I could

lucky for communism 1960's they assigned a flat to people in our community. after the collapse ..cashed it in and bought a golden ticket

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A week ago I signed a petition over here in The Netherlands about the need of a parliamentary commission to find out what our government actually knew about the risks from switching to the Euro...

I just looked at it, they are now at 23,307 signatures and need 40.000 total to be discussed in our parliament.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

who pocketed the difference
beside the splurge of our president on sex call lines he made from his office none of it was spend on the country
maybe they bought golden ticket to eu with it. years and years has passed since we joined eu and I see no Efin difference every time I go home . howefer redbull made it first through on shells
lol didn't give no Efin wings though did it. ifor 2 hours of work u could finally try that redbull s.h.i.t
do u have to be Netherlands citizen to sign it?
editby]edit on 11-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yes, it`s only about what our politicians knew about it.

We traded our Guilder in for 2.23 to 1 Euro...about 7 years later everything which was 1 Guilder was 1 Euro.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

there has never been as much corruption (cop fines etc) as after the day "D" too.

sick what would cops(not even sure if they were real) ask u to do. either that or pay half into cops pocket or pay something impossible to repay
before we used to pay in honey and chops
lol just kidding but it was certainly more innocent

not saying living under comunism was piece of piass.. there where days we could not effort food. yet I still stand by Russia million % it is maybe because their bank is not run by 7 out of 10 world richest people . and the people seem to have no need to have it all and are humble and traditional and honest. ok here is a funny one like eg this is about my ex USA chick (she is not that stupid either) not sure what happened all I know one day she received a random phone call from her us friend ) when my ex told me one day her plan to become millionaire and how she will buy a private jet with blogging I thought what the ef!! she spend 5 grand and so far sold 7 ($6.50) ebooks.it has been now 1.5 years so u get the impresive ROI. (one of them I bought promised I will read it) oh mine..soon as she told me i am like see you later alligator

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If we go into gold/fed/imf since the banking Ponzi scheme is connected to these wars from my point of view. How many people on this thread believes in this scenario?

China is forcing FED/IMF to sell gold cheaply and manipulated to them/Russia and India or they will Hyper inflate the Petrodollar. Saudi Arabia (sunni oil states) are also dangerous to the Petrodollar so US politicians have to follow when they bark. See gas line thru Syria to Turkey. Turkey need energy to grow economically.

The neo cons need to make Fiat money the only solution and make China and India alone by forcing the Fiat system in Russia. Boris Yeltsin was the neo cons lapdog but Putin will not allow the new banking order (Debt slavery to fiat money).

The time is running out on the western neo cons. If Chinese go the golden Yuan thru China International Payment Platform then the fiat currencies are over and you will see a running to Yuan.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aaamok88

Star and flag OP

It is obvious to anyone following what's going on in this world that US empire is conquering the world and that Russia stands in their way

Will Russia stop them, or will Russia be just a speed bump ?

Yup, this explains the Syrian, Iranian, and Ukrainian situations.

Most people are totally blinded by MSM.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
lucky for communism 1960's they assigned a flat to people in our community. after the collapse ..cashed it in and bought a golden ticket

The housing that the Soviet Union provided it's people is truly one of the great achievements of ANY government...ANY where in the world. It's good to hear that wonderful program helped you even after it ended.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

you know I am exedurating it was my parent who got the benefit then took off no explanation and left me to my daddy that wasn't in my life before (i was 12) after 2 yers she graciously came back and gave me a new daddy. she did hit a jackpot with this guy. u could see how I couldn't wait to get the hell out. it doesn't matter what the situation if you want you make something out of yourself. lucky for me i inharited her looks u know long legs sweet in heels. and lucky for me i inharited my dads brain .
you know I know that is the case of every normal citizen I see that average USA citizen has it the same way as the rest of us they will never be my issue. is greed I can not stand. oh and little girls wanting to be the next kardashian

is that u in that avatar? lol is hilarious I love it

edit on 12-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join