It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an offense under the Logan Act? GOP's message to Iran.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Preaching to the choir, will.

Sigh....

They can be expelled.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Willtell

Preaching to the choir, will.

Sigh....

They can be expelled.

So you are saying as it stands now, they can be expelled or even tried??..ok I'll be back gotta sign something.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How can they be expelled?

There got to be some moral or physical power behind that

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There is no criminal court to expel them save something from the people

They have the numbers in the congress so there’s nothing there

Are there any Lawyers out there?

Can we bring some kind of mass lawsuit against them?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There's this.

But it seems they would need 2/3s? Sigh....

ETA: How to Recall a U.S. Senator
edit on 3/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
so where were duh libs when botulism face went to syria to talk up Assad against the president's wishes?

and when that senator openly stated he was going to try to reverse Reagans anti Soviet policies?

there is a word...

hype hypotenuse hippopotamus ...no hypocrite. yeah, that's the word. hypocrite.

edit on 10-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Iran says GOP letter suggests
US is 'not trustworthy'

"This kind of communication is unprecedented and undiplomatic," Mohammed Javad Zarif was quoted as saying by a state-run TV website. "In fact it implies that the United States is not trustworthy," he added.
news.yahoo.com...

Waay to go boneheads,weakening the Office of the presidency if they think this is just about their hate for Obama think again, picture the Cuban missile crisis of the 60ts, if that had failed because of bone headed moves and hate for Kennedy I and others would have been born in a Mad Max world if there were any survivors and we would use racist terminologies like Muties.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Love the visuals in your post! The letter...

In a post below this one, you also point out the million$ Cotton received from Kristol's Emergency Committee for Israel. He really found a Republican next generation war hawk in Cotton, and he and others of like mind are courting and grooming him to be their congressional BFF. And Tom tweets about his new BFF.

The letter follows right after hard liner Netanyahu's speech to Congress. The Republicans could care less about giving a foreign leader campaign fodder so close to his country's election. And now 47 Senators in reality just got involved in a foreign leader's political campaign. They might as well all be sporting "I Like Bibi" buttons.

Without even waiting to read what any final agreement with Iran would be, they have inserted themselves into the negotiations process on behalf of a foreign country. They are also involved in the election campaign of a foreign leader. What tools and fools they be!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"Tehran Tom" is really on the take from the Likud Party and the defense industries and is a Neocon's wet dream.

Impeach the POS.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that many of those 47 signatories are so adamant about America remaining a "sovereign nation", yet they have effectively been played by another nation, allowing it to wheedle into our foreign policy.

And some people propose Tom Cotton For President! Good God!

The conservative media swoons, too. Breitbart.com once called him “one of the best candidates running for Congress this election cycle—and possibly ever.” Karl Rove’s American Crossroads anointed him “a conservative leader and rock-star candidate,” and the National Review, which once did a four-part hagiography on Cotton, concluded that “he seems to have it all.” Ubiquitous GOP neocon-sigliere Bill Kristol is Cotton’s No. 1 fan, gushing about a “bond beyond pure policy” and, yes, mentioning Cotton among a couple of dozen possible ’16 candidates. Kristol’s Weekly Standard has been an efficient factory churning out dozens of gushing items since Cotton emerged on the scene—best read, Dave Weigel suggested, “while listening to John Phillip Sousa and cooling an apple pie.”

These young, next generation politicians (Cotton, Ryan, Walker, etc) do not know of campaigning in a time when money from corporations and foreign backers was either just not of this magnitude or outlawed. They now prove that they are merely shills for whoever donates.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And still the mainstream media will not cover this. Their silence speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I have seen it on CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox and CNN.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Obama could give every legal gun owner in the United States an AR-15, and the GOP would still find something wrong with it -- simply because HE did it.

How about we get on with the best interests of the country instead of partisan bickering and obstructionist policies? I'd like to think that our federal tax dollars are doing something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah what 3 minutes vs the 35 minutes on HRC's email? Sure. Morning Joe was a prime example of how they are avoiding this.

Your media. Bought and paid for.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It was pretty equal coverage from what I have been seeing. Both of the stories have been getting their own blocks.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There are stats. If I am so inclined I will search them out later. What I saw this morning covered almost nothing. Neither did wonderful talk radio. Emails emails emails.

Go all you party before country pukes. Pffft.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Even some on Fox News think this was wrong.

And just how does he propose to STOP Iran?

WAR. With Iran? Who is fighting ISIS? Decades long war. This is all freaking unbelievable.
edit on 3/11/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Excuse Number 3:

Republicans Blame Obama For Tom Cotton Letter

But those who support the letter -- even some who didn't add their names -- deflected the blame. If it weren't for Obama's failure to consult lawmakers about the negotiations, or his threatened veto of a proposed bill to give Congress the final vote on a nuclear agreement, senators wouldn't have had to speak out in the first place, they argued.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Excuse Number 2: McCain's breathtaking defense of signing the Iran letter: "I sign lots of letters"

O...M...G... So much for wanting to read everything they vote for, if they can't even comprehend the contents and ramifications of a letter!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join