It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq arrests 4 people,some of them Americans that were training ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Oh how convenient that they found their passports!

Ya know, if this was 911 or a mass shooting in France, finding their passports would be suspicious.

Perfectly acceptable in this instance though, of course.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sounds like Iranian disinfo.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I know, I keep checking back to see if anything else comes out of it,but so far no one else is posting anything on the 'net. I also want to see if the mainstream media tries to shove it under a rug or actually goes ahead and runs with it.

This isnt a sincere question you have i hope?

Ofcourse they would sweep something like that under the rug. Come on use common sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
even if a story like this is true you wont see it in western propaganda news. funny how people say "legitimate news source" as if something like that actually exists. maybe an internet based news source or something gets through the cracks at reuters or AP. you can bet your bottom dollar that there are people in those agencies who have very cool hands in the event someone somewhere in TPTB military industrial world doesn't want something going viral

can anyone actually tell me what is a legitimate news source? sites like infowars usually publish stories secondhand and don't do their own journalism, and lately many feel like the site is just controlled op. What is a legitimate news source? a source that publishes stories that 100 other sources were going to publish anyway? Who prints the stuff that no one else wants to print because they're afraid of the repercussions? Any of those sites exist? And are they even able to get their hands on grade-A information? And if the big news outlets get their hands on a big story how watered down is it before it hits the mainstream? Europe usually gets slightly more truthful info than we get in the US and I don't think that's a coincidence.
edit on 3/8/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No sources, no evidence.
edit on 8-3-2015 by sixandone because: fixed error

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Ooh, another site saying something that's not backed up by any sources, or any links to the supposed statement by the Iraqi authorities.

Where's the proof?

Surely if there's a report from these Iraqi sources then there's a statement this site could have linked to, no? Where's the report?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
even if a story like this is true you wont see it in western propaganda news. funny how people say "legitimate news source" as if something like that actually exists.

So we're just supposed to believe anything written on any site because some MSM are believed to engage in propaganda?

That's like saying we should all believe that orange Cows live on Mars, because Faux News preaches right-wing BS.

And the piece opened with the statement that a report in Iraq existed, then neglected to offer any actual evidence for that report.
They started the damn piece claiming there was a statement, then didn't offer any evidence of that statement.

I can start a site in the next 30 minutes, have it up and running within an hour, and post stories about reports from Washington about an Alien invasion, claiming the White House has released a statement on the battle for DC, and no doubt you would believe that without any evidence to support it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

then I will be writing to my MP again

LOL...that will surely get the ball rolling.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Oh how convenient that they found their passports!

Ya know, if this was 911 or a mass shooting in France, finding their passports would be suspicious.

Perfectly acceptable in this instance though, of course.

Please do explain how the two are in any way similar ?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

would you please show where in the article that you linked where it says that the Israeli was Mossad. the only mention of Mossad was a reference by a aide to Puttin and by a Soviet and Russian writer named Alexander Prokhanov, who accorrding to the wiki he is

He is the editor-in-chief of Russia's extreme-right[2] newspaper Zavtra ("Завтра", Tomorrow), that combines ultranationalist and communist views.[3][4]Alexander Prokhanov
he is more than likely to be the author of the article who's name in the hit piece is FNA, what kind of sh@@ is that, if your not afraid of posting bulsh@@, why not give your real name.

plus there's nothing that says they were working on behalf of their respected countries. for all we know they could be just like all the other isis wannabe's, that were previously in their respected countries armed services, that went there and are using skills learned back home in their services.

edit on 8-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: i did a search on FNA, so far the only thing i can find about name/ or person FNA is a obscure news agency based in Salt Lake City, Utah.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Great article. It was really insightful when they were all like "we said so" as their proof.

The lack of any pictures or video in what should be a pretty big deal really sealed it for me. Definitely not propaganda at all, in any way.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I disagree with that commentators accusations that Iran is helping ISIS. Iran is fighting ISIS. Iran is Shiite and ISIS is Sunni so Iran helping ISIS makes no sense.

Iran is helping the Shiite Iraqi army and militias.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Iraq's "Sarma News Agency" - I can only find a "Samaa News Agency" which appears to be Pakistani, and some references to a "Sama News Agency," which may or may not be from translation errors in foreign media sites of "Samaa." But no "Sarma News Agency," outside of this particular headline. The closest "official" news outlet reporting this is Farsi News, which is considered 'semi-official' by the West, which may or may not be accurate. AFAIK most of the criticism aimed at Fars (or Farsi) News comes from their having reported an Onion article (a parody magazine) as real news - which, by the way, Fox News has also done.

As far as I can tell, based on just Googling sources, the article in the OP originated with Farsi News Agency, and was picked up by Sputnik News, then on to multiple online venues such as Informationclearinghouse (which allows for anything to be posted via author submissions).

It's still a highly dubious claim. It claims to originate from a non-existing "Sarma News Agency," it mentions an unconfirmed Iraqi military operation "Sting of a Scorpion," it gives no information on the unit that participated. There is no byline in the article - who wrote it? It cites no sources in the military.

Then there is the notion that such information as captured foreign military advisers would be disclosed in this manner. This would be highly classified "top secret" spy stuff. If Iraq had captured such people they'd be disappearing into a black site for interrogation. So this is still a highly dubious claim. Then again, there is a lot of shady operations going on between the US and some of it's Mideastern hosts.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It seems more and more sites are picking up on this,of course not any msm ones yet. If you google in Iraq arrests military advisors for helping ISIS. You will see how many sites are starting to get on this bandwagon. Of course there are always those that refuse to believe anything if it isn't carried in the msm,but you get a much broader view of the world when you look at other news sites.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You know it is complete BS when Mossad, and Americans are contained in the same sentence.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
It seems more and more sites are picking up on this,of course not any msm ones yet. If you google in Iraq arrests military advisors for helping ISIS. You will see how many sites are starting to get on this bandwagon. Of course there are always those that refuse to believe anything if it isn't carried in the msm,but you get a much broader view of the world when you look at other news sites.

I found half a dozen articles using Google, all of which are essentially carbon copies of the Tehran press release. And yet still nothing new...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

Why? There is a faction in the Mideast that allies itself with American and Israeli views, especially when it comes to deposing Iran. Saudi Arabia comes in at the top of that list, it fueled Wahabism and took advantage of its extremism to go after any non-Sunni targets, like Libya, Syria, the Shiite elements in Iraq, and Iran next, and they have strange bedfellows in the USA and Israel that share those goals.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
ISIS IS controlled by the west and probably the most closely by US and Israeli intelligence....

....This article in the OP is a fake.

Surprise surprise.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How many bits of proof are needed? This is absolute insainity. I've heard countless stories of american high tech armaments being left in their path, Isis soldiers treated in Israel.

Had anybody suggested in the 1980's for a second that i would say the following, i would dismissed them out of hand. Putin is right. Isis is an Israeli and US creation. Tehran is right. Israel is the great Satan of the middle east.

Time to rip the bandaid off and scrub the wound.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The article has changed since I first saw it and now I am unable to get back to the original news release I saw. Now there is just this one with them having dual citizenship. Sorry, I was trying to check out other news sources before posting and lost the first one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join