It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nemtsov 'killers' arrested, one a decorated policeman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To the surprise of nobody Putin has quickly found the alleged killers of opposition leader Boris Nemtsov. Of course the trail led to Chechnya, as all brutal crimes are supposed to in Russia. However in an unexpected twist one of the named killers was among Chechen police forces awarded a medal in 2010.

www.ctvnews.ca...

The suspects were identified as Anzor Gubashev and Zaur Dadaev. Oddly, soon after the names were released, Dadaev was found by opposition members to have received an award for his police work.

So everyone can soon simply move on and add Nemtsov to the growing list of Putin opposition members that have been murdered. Here is a good review of a couple other murders, Anna Politkovskaya and Natalya Estemirova.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Of course an exhaustive list of political murders in Russia would be too long for an ATS thread. Suffice it to say they happen often enough to expose a problem.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Who had any doubt 'fall guys' would be found? They were probably picked before the murder happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Nothing mentioned in either link about the assassin's driving around in a government vehicle.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So, not the CIA then?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

So, not the CIA then

As it never was.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Watched this earlier . Seems that there are some camera footage .

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Nothing mentioned in either link about the assassin's driving around in a government vehicle.

Lots of details to come. Apparently cameras got recognizable pics of them. Given Russia uses facial recognition tech I imagine Dadaev's past police work involved a photo id that betrayed him. I've read reports of 'biological' evidence left in the getaway car as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Get ready for the " I told you it wasn't Putin" crowd to flood this thread very soon.

But I still have to question how they got away with it while the FSB was supposedly watching him, so I wouldn't put this out of the Russian gov't hands just yet.
edit on 7-3-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Agreed, and this confirms it.

Otherwise Putin would be making that accusation.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

If anyone expects evidence to come out that leads directly to Putin then they're going to be waiting a very long time.

Of course Kadyrov runs Chechnya with an Iron fist. He makes Putin look like teddy bear to be honest. It isn't a surprise if he's involved in some way. Putin meets Kadyrov, shakes hand and complains about Nemtsov marching around like a Gay Pride spokesman. Kadyrov takes the comment as a green light on Nemtsov.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
But I still have to question how they got away with it while the FSB was supposedly watching him, so I wouldn't put this out of the Russian gov't hands just yet.

I can see the agents following him that night simply driving to the other side of the bridge and waiting to follow him from there. It's hard to kill someone who's being followed by the FSB without them seeing it. Probably some FSB internal joke, one elite kill squad punking the followers, hahaha, we got him and you didn't even see us.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Killing is always wrong but when push comes to shove it would seem to be worth it to some politicians . "Since then, US drones have killed more than 2,400 people in strikes targeting markets, homes, funerals and even weddings, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based nonprofit. Between 2004 and 2013, drone strikes killed an estimated 2,525 to 3,613 people.

Obama has constantly defended his use of drones, calling them legal, effective and that they have saved American lives. But on the flip side, he said the civilian casualties would “haunt” him for the rest of his life, but that he needed to weigh the loss of civilian lives against the threat to life posed by terrorists. benswann.com...

Even trying to get a grip on what is a terrorist is very ambiguous when politicians enter the debate . McCain has his go to gang he is willing to arm to the teeth .

" In 2012, Ben Swann asked President Obama about the infamous “kill list,” the list of people targeted for assassination. Though Obama claimed that Americans would not be the target of indefinite detention, Swann reminded the president that an American citizen in fact was on the list and was killed by a Hellfire missile launched from a Predator drone. " Here is a interview

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I found Obama's extra-judicial killing of a US citizen in Yemen particularly disturbing among decades of US adventures around the World. His expanded use of Drones is a whole 'nother topic thou. A dark topic for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yea some sad stuff happening for sure .I wonder if Russia has similar laws as the US when it comes to indefinite detention or Habeas corpus laws . There seems to be a myriad of ways around what we would think are standard laws .I wonder if Russia uses torture like the US or does it differ . If these two guys are involved and they have the pics to prove it I would think they will end up talking weather they want to or not .

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article discussing the killing of Nemtsov and who it could be...even discusses the Chechan Islamic Extremists.

registan.net...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Get ready for the " I told you it wasn't Putin" crowd to flood this thread very soon.

I am one of those crowd and I was born at night, but it wasn't last night LOL. Putin's a politico, he's intel community and he more than likely is short leashed to the PTB, so could he have had him killed? Of course he could and he might even have political motive. However, the Chechnyans that allegedly did this, did they have motive? As far as DNA evidence, easy to plant and facial recognition on recordings, a little more difficult but still do-able. Video is pretty easy to manipulate these days ;-)

Now, if somebody came out and said that Nemtsov was banging say Dadaev's daughter, granddaughter, wife, etc. Ok, I could see some motive there and a crime of passion. It would be nice if the assassination made sense, other than Putin put out the hit. So far, it's smells pretty fishy, like a two day old carp in the sun.

So, even though I would like to see Putin innocent in this, I am not naive or delusional enough to think that he isn't the key suspect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Always placing your potential "opponents" in a box and or labeling them with a derogatory name before anyone even has the chance to offer an unwanted opinion, while making "high five" posts.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And here we go... excusing the Russian state by complaining about all the bad things other countries do, as if any sane person would even consider that this gives Russia a green light to become a fascist state and start invading other countries.

We get it, you hate the US, you have a lot of things to criticize it for (as do we all) but none of this changes anything any other country does.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2015 by LogJammer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join