It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Golden :D why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Get silver and I'll trade ya. Gold isn't for me. I'm allergic to it and silver looks better on me. LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Iam also allergic to gold.
Which I thought was impossible due to it being inert but when I wore my wedding bands I used to get a bad rash and had to get the ring coated every few months.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Haha weird, eh? When I got my ears pierced... to toe rash. (This was before surgical steel was around...ha.) Platinum is cool tho

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem redundant to have these borders and star-count when we have the glitch on the site?
People who did nothing other than join on a certain date have millions of stars and others who contribute and have given more to the site have a lesser color.

It seems that it is thoroughly pointless and frankly stupid to have these things in place when they don't really work.
Why not reset it to zero and start again? Or scrap it and just keep the system as a guide for quality as opposed to a reward based system, or just fix the glitch and make it fair.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Doesn't it seem redundant to have these borders and star-count when we have the glitch on the site?
People who did nothing other than join on a certain date have millions of stars and others who contribute and have given more to the site have a lesser color.

It seems that it is thoroughly pointless and frankly stupid to have these things in place when they don't really work.
Why not reset it to zero and start again? Or scrap it and just keep the system as a guide for quality as opposed to a reward based system, or just fix the glitch and make it fair.

I think it is fairly obvoius who has the glitch and who has earned stars.

Look at the number of stars, if it's in the millions and the join date is over 10 years ago it's an old member that would most likeley have enough stars anyway.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Some websites make you golden and give you perks if you consistently side with government or ideas of mainstream

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: tallcool1

But check this out:

Yours doesn't look like Boymonkey's here. But when I visit a thread in which you are the OP, for instance this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... then suddenly yours looks like Boymonkey's. Do you see it?
Nope. tallcool1's avatar looks the same and border around the stats looks the same in this thread and the other thread. No idea why you think it looks any different.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey, wait a minute! I have a zillion stars and yes, at first I was embarrassed and then I thought about the no flag/star system when I posted my best threads. Why not? Maybe it's karma? Who knows what our star count would've been?

I'm a Cyber Lotto winner and I feel no shame,

STM
edit on 6-3-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Emerald. Healing, Hope, Wisdom and Love. A Builder of Bridges.

leolady

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Didn't they tell you NOT to eat the yellow snow?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Ooh, I like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
border around the stats looks the same in this thread and the other thread.

Border around the stats?

All that time I though OP was talking about border around the post.

Oops... My bad, I read too quick... sorry y'all.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Did anybody answer this?

If not, it's actually something that is still in effect for members. It's based on posts, stars, flags, karma and applause.

There are three tiers:

Bronze
Silver
Gold

Once you reach each individual requirements, which don't ask, as I don't know, you're color code with change.

I think it's still in effect for all members, but don't quote me on that.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Once you reach each individual requirements, which don't ask, as I don't know, you're color code with change.
I don't know either, but so far I haven't seen any exceptions to this 100 WATS for silver and 200 WATS for gold idea, though I haven't looked at that many posts yet for these criteria:

originally posted by: xuenchen
The WATS score has the little trophy next to it...

The colors are ranked by the score .... Green for low scores, silver for over 100 and Gold for over 200 ??
Could be...if anybody finds any exceptions to that, let us know, and if so then we know that's not it. If no exceptions are found, maybe that's it? It's the best guess I've seen so far.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I donated 200$ US about a month ago when drunk yet still green bah lol

btw i'm colour blind hence edit

edit on 7/3/2015 by kuhl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kuhl

You look gold to me?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuhl
I donated 200$ US about a month ago when drunk yet still green bah lol
Anybody who joined before 2007 is gold because of the million star bug (in your case 4.7 million stars), so that's why you're gold. Nice of you to donate but I don't think that's a factor in the gold.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

sorry edited thank you bro

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You start with a flat green border.

Reach 50 WATS - you get bright green
100 - silver
200 - gold

Boymonkey got his when the kitty was thoroughly cleansed !

ED: Maybe an electric blue border for 500 ?
edit on 7-3-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

blahaha!

give it up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join