It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They can see through walls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Does the U.S. Government have the technology to see through walls? Im not sure if they do, but the only purpose i see the government using goggles or glasses to see through walls would be to equip SPECOP teams.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ofcourse they do, it's called thermal goggles. Thermal goggles can go through brick, cement, almost anything, and accurately detect heat signitures behind objects.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In terms of some kind of x ray device or intense light or something then if they do it would be highly dependant on a very specific kind of wall and scenario, and the equipment would most likely be a tad more bulky than goggles or glasses.

And pretty much all governments have thermovision capability.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thermal goggles, x-ray..thats about all of them, if you mean it looks like the wall isnt there and color and the sharpness of objects being able to be seen, than no they dont.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Ofcourse they do, it's called thermal goggles.

This is somethign that I don't understand. I know that thermal vision goggles are supposed to let them do this, but why? Thermal vision is taking a receptor device that receives thermal radiation and processes it into a new image in the visual range, it converts invisible light/radiation into visual type, effectively.

So why can this pass thru walls, and the images be displayed unobstructed and in real time?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
...why make a topic with a statement and then fill it with a question?

most undoubtably they do, as we all know its called "thermal Imaging" an actual clear view of somthing through a solid opaque object is another matter entirely...one that i dont have the foggiest idea about lol

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERICK05
Does the U.S. Government have the technology to see through walls? Im not sure if they do, but the only purpose i see the government using goggles or glasses to see through walls would be to equip SPECOP teams.

From what I understand from this... Is that the police can see thru 4ft of concrete and the gvmt can see thru much more, also from what i Understand via Alex jones is that they are using this on the border of cadada if I am not mistaking. I may be wrong on where but i know he said they are going to or have started using this...

This is our new freedom btw, ='s no freedom.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Ofcourse they do, it's called thermal goggles.

This is somethign that I don't understand. I know that thermal vision goggles are supposed to let them do this, but why? Thermal vision is taking a receptor device that receives thermal radiation and processes it into a new image in the visual range, it converts invisible light/radiation into visual type, effectively.

So why can this pass thru walls, and the images be displayed unobstructed and in real time?

Thermal goggles see radiation of a different wavelength to visible light, which is more penetrating, therefore can go through walls of certain substances and thicknesses. The IR can be obstructed by some walls though.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A little article I submitted yesterday may also be used for this maybe.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Try a google search for "Radar Flashlight"

www.google.com...

Some interesting stuff there.
I has some articles bookmarked but some of the links are dead.
I wish I had saved offline copies.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERICK05
From what I understand from this... Is that the police can see thru 4ft of concrete and the gvmt can see thru much more, also from what i Understand via Alex jones is that they are using this on the border of cadada if I am not mistaking. I may be wrong on where but i know he said they are going to or have started using this...

This is our new freedom btw, ='s no freedom.

4 ft? that doesnt seem right to me. with thermal imaging it scans the temperature of the surfaces of objects. the highly sophisticated models can discern temperature variations of o.4 degrees f. but these are very
bulky and need liquid nitrogen to keep the unit cool and regulated. i highly doubt that any gov. has tech to see thru walls. but do you guys remember the movie Eraser? the imaging effect that the rail guns had in that movie were cool. if only it was real....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Government definitly has something that can see through walls. The military does and there part of the government. So the answer to your question is yes, the government do have a device to see through walls.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Of course they can. Most police departments can see into any room, regardless of material and thickness of the walls. How? They stick a fiber-optic camera under the door...

As for comic book-style x-ray vision that simply lets you see as if the wall isn't there, there are quite a few laws of physics standing in the way. I'm certain that they've got more highly developed thermal and x-ray imaging techniques than are available to civilians, but the visible spectrum is another animal entirely.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The number one use for thermal imaging is for the control of drugs, mainly marijuana. In case you guys didnt know, most professional grow rooms consist of multiple 1,000 watt lightbulbs, of which eminate incredible heat. Have you ever watched "cops" where they track criminals with helicopters? if you have you will know that they can see where people are hiding, and all their immediate surroundings, most noteably at night, during which time the playing field is leveled, due to the shutoff of every light source known, largely solar. At night, the police force, which has very little funding, due to American taxation, still has the power to find anyone, anywhere. If the question is whether or not the government has the same power that the police for has, the answer is OPEN YOUR F ING EYES. The police have no money, yet can find people hiding. The government has UNLIMITED funds, but the question still looms on whether or not they can find anyone they want. They know what they are doing, we can only guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
While police officers don't get paid so great, the departments get PLENTY of money. I work in county government and the Sheriff's department uses about 1/3 of the total funds. Just look at a cop car, you hardly ever see one more than five years old unless it's a town cop. They don't have any shortage of funds.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalfan87
Government definitly has something that can see through walls. The military does and there part of the government. So the answer to your question is yes, the government do have a device to see through walls.

Oh. Really? Well glad we got that cleared up then.

ahem. Links? Evidence? Explanation even? Am I being unreasonable?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Fury
The number one use for thermal imaging is for the control of drugs, mainly marijuana. In case you guys didnt know, most professional grow rooms consist of multiple 1,000 watt lightbulbs, of which eminate incredible heat. Have you ever watched "cops" where they track criminals with helicopters? if you have you will know that they can see where people are hiding, and all their immediate surroundings, most noteably at night, during which time the playing field is leveled, due to the shutoff of every light source known, largely solar. At night, the police force, which has very little funding, due to American taxation, still has the power to find anyone, anywhere. If the question is whether or not the government has the same power that the police for has, the answer is OPEN YOUR F ING EYES. The police have no money, yet can find people hiding. The government has UNLIMITED funds, but the question still looms on whether or not they can find anyone they want. They know what they are doing, we can only guess.

Yes, recently a new helicopter was produced for the police to read thermal signitures.. They can see individual people, and the occasional hot boxes from hundreds of feet above sea level, its amazing. I think I saw this on Daily Planet a week back.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Thermal goggles see radiation of a different wavelength to visible light, which is more penetrating, therefore can go through walls of certain substances and thicknesses. The IR can be obstructed by some walls though.

Seems strange that something so close to visible light can penetrate concrete and what not.

I had thought that the radiation could just pass thru objects, iow walls are transparent to it, but, if its thermal radiation, why doesn't heat pass thru these objects so quickyl? Thermal Radiation heats stuff up no? So the heat radiation from a person projects off them, and passes thru a wall without heating it up? I understand that its not strong enough to heat it up, but, why can it pass thru it then if its so weak?

I guess that its just 'strange', but not unreasonable.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There has been some military work at Darpa with holography and microwaves to see through walls. It is not a very clear image all you see is shadows and it cant be a very thick wall.

Its nothing like in the movie Eraser with Arnold Schwarzenegger but it works.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I read an article in popular science a few years ago that told of a government sat that could look through walls using some form of radar. They showed illustrations of how it worked too. I cant remember the name of it or I would provide a link , but the article came out around the time they had the article on the fly spy like in richie rich. They also talked of flying mechanical bugs to mass swarm an airport and choke up the engines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join