It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth, according to Google...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Is it true? Maybe. After all, cyberspace has its fair share of myths. Now Google may have found a way to clean house, or at least throw the trash in the basement. -- The company is figuring out how to rank websites by the veracity of their content. The more truthful the page, the higher up it would appear in search results.

patriotrising.com...

The company is figuring out how to rank websites by the veracity of their content. The more truthful the page, the higher up it would appear in search results.

Google currently sorts search results based on criteria such as the number of links pointing at the website, the amount of time users spend on it, as well as the prominence of its social media profile.

The algorithm, named PageRank after Google co-founder Larry Page, is supposed to rank websites based on their reputation.

Google will rely on known partisan debunking websites to decide what is truthful. In other words, if the government doesn't say it is truthful, then Google will hide it from searches.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka
Already a thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So Google will fall to the waste-bin. They can hang themselves it they want. They will loose customers. Probably not enough to put them out of business. But now they will have to share the market more. Dumb move for them.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If I want weird and wacky I will use a different search engine but sometimes I get tired of wading through BS so I can see where it will be handy.

Probably will not be popular with many on ATS but they are not the only demographic.

top topics

join