It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John Kerry really this stupid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
John Kerry claims he is misquoted

In his address, Netanyahu said Kerry had disclosed that Iran could "legitimately posses" 190,000 centrifuges for the enrichment of uranium by the time a deal designed to restrict Iran's nuclear capability for a decade would expire. The Israeli leader, who referred to Kerry as "my long-time friend" in his speech, said that amount of centrifuges could put Iran "weeks away from having enough enriched uranium for an entire arsenal of nuclear weapons and this with full international legitimacy." However, the FactCheck.org article circulated by Psaki noted that Kerry had only said that a peaceful nuclear power program could use that same number of centrifuges.

You got to love these internet warriors who quote things from places like "factcheck.org". Really? John Kerry says he is misquoted because the 190,000 centrifuges would be used peacefully? He was not misquoted. The fact is that his "peace" plan leaves Iran with a vast nuclear infrastructure and their break-out time to a nuclear bomb will be negligible. If the man has any sane reason left in him, he would shove the centrifuges off the table and only agree to peace if Iran dismantles their nuclear program completely.

Netanyahu wasn't addressing the bizarre claims that Iran's program is for "peace". He was specifically addressing their infrastructure and their break-out time to the bomb:

The first major concession would leave Iran with a vast nuclear infrastructure, providing it with a short break-out time to the bomb. Break-out time is the time it takes to amass enough weapons-grade uranium or plutonium for a nuclear bomb.

That Iran is claiming all those 190,000 centrifuges will be used for peace is a blatant lie, but that's besides the point. The fact is - their break-out time, which is the time it would take to generate weapons-grade nuclear material using the material they already have, would be negligible with that many centrifuges. They could have a large arsenal of nuclear weapons in a matter of weeks. With this agreement, we are paving the way towards a world with radical extremists that possess nuclear weapons.

But John Kerry thinks it's okay because he was misquoted and according to him, Iran plans to use all these centrifuges for peace. The level of dumbassery coming from the left on this is just beyond me. I hope and pray that Israel does take out Iran's nuclear facilities. If they don't, they will be nuked - and the liberals in our government will have enabled that to happen.

We need to get the democrats out of power. This insanity cannot be allowed to continue. This is no different than the "peace in our time" deal spoken by Neville Chamberlain prior to WW2. You don't obtain peace by caving in to all of your opponent's demands. We cannot have peace by allowing Iran to possess a nuclear program. We cannot have peace by allowing Iran to develop ICBM's. We cannot have peace by turning our backs on our ally, Israel.

Can we have peace? Maybe someday, when all Islamists recognize Israel as a Jewish state and stop trying to kill them. Until then, they will continue to be a thorn in our side. What I do know, is that there is no such thing as a nuclear program for peace. Nuclear technology comes with both the power generation aspects and the WMD aspects of the technology. It is in our nature to explore every avenue of weaponization of any given technology, and that is exactly what Iran (or any other country) has done and will do with nuclear technology.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I didn't bother reading what you wrote, but I already know the answer is yes. Doesn't matter the topic he's discussing.

I never doubt the stupidity of politicians.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Anyone who believes Iran has peaceful intentions concerning nuclear power, hasn't been paying attention. If Iran gets "the bomb" Israel will be their first target and they will be a threat to the rest of the region, on top of supplying nuclear weapons to terrorists. Kerry, Obama and anyone else who thinks they can peacefully deal with a nuclear Iran is fooling themselves and putting the rest of us a mortal danger.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I to do not doubt the stupidity of the average politician.

But kerry is a special breed of stupid...

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Iran hasn't started a conflict in like..50 years.

It's a far more peaceful country than a lot of other place, a lot of other places we call 'allies'.

*cough Saudi Arabia*

But we don't complain about them having weapons etc.

What a joke.

Iran has the right to do as it wishes, so long as it actually isn't doing anything to start a world war, which it isn't according to EVERY SINGLE person whose investigated it, that's not from Israel.

How dare the West continue to play mother with countries it's failed so many times, over and over again.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes, John Kerry is utterly stupid. No to your OP. Let Iran do what they want with them. Israel has been saying that Iran is weeks away from having a nuclear bomb for decades. I don't know how long "weeks away" is in Israeli time, but it is certainly less than decades in everyone else's time.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

It's more like 200+ years

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Anyone who believes Iran has peaceful intentions concerning nuclear power, hasn't been paying attention. If Iran gets "the bomb" Israel will be their first target and they will be a threat to the rest of the region, on top of supplying nuclear weapons to terrorists. Kerry, Obama and anyone else who thinks they can peacefully deal with a nuclear Iran is fooling themselves and putting the rest of us a mortal danger.

Even if Iran had the bomb, how would it put ME in mortal danger, as you state?
Further...you so sure that Israel hasn't heard of the MAD concept? They just might have a nuke or two up their sleeves, eh?

Sounds somewhat 'Chicken Little' to me.
edit on 4-3-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

It's more like 200+ years
1970S. hostage crisis. 1980s beirut bombing 200 dead marines. iraq and afghanistan; aided in the deaths of over 4000 soldiers. aided in the over throw of yemen's govt.
edit on 4-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Iran is responsible for those actions or terrorists from Iran are responsible for those actions? Are Christians responsible for a minority of Christians fire bombing abortion clinics?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The real reason Israel doesn't want Iran to have the bomb

Is because one day Israel anyway plans to attack Iran.

Israel plans a lot of things, including Greater Israel spanning many countries.

Zionists sure like to dream big.
edit on 4-3-2015 by LotToTell2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, frankly, I prefer "internet warriors" who at least try to offer some source for their statements, rather than the ones who merely pontificate their own opinion.

First of all, how silly to call someone like Kerry "stupid" because you disagree with policy.

Are we on the elementary school playground?

Have any you ever stopped to read a bit of 20th Century history? America and Britain treated the Middle East like their own private chessboard until the price of oil gave some of these countries enough power to say "enough." Specifically in regards to Iran, you might be shocked to find out that we supported a coup d'etat that destroyed Iran's first democratically elected government.

All the Shah's Men - Wiki

Not to mention that it is a well-known "secret" that the US has armed Israel with nuclear weapons. But no one is concerned about that "proliferation"? That is some ... what "god-given" right that we bid and dispose who and who doesn't have nukes?

Please.
edit on 7Wed, 04 Mar 2015 07:56:50 -060015p072015366 by Gryphon66 because: Barf

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wikipedia states that estimates of Israel's nuclear stockpile between 75 and 3 to 4 hundred warheads, with the means to deliver them, 75 is more than enough to glaze over the whole 'middle east' and anyone else fancying a pop at Israel.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wasn't Iran weeks away when Netanyahu held up the cheesy bomb picture with the drawn in red line at the UN years ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Wikipedia states that estimates of Israel's nuclear stockpile between 75 and 3 to 4 hundred warheads, with the means to deliver them, 75 is more than enough to glaze over the whole 'middle east' and anyone else fancying a pop at Israel.

Just in case you get garbage for quoting Wikipedia:

Israel's Worst Kept Secret -The Atlantic Magazine

Federation of American Scientists - Nuclear Weapons: Israel

Etc. for a start. Worst kept secret in the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It is a huge hypocrisy that Israel is allowed to have nuclear weapons (undeclared at that which is against world treaty law) yet scream tooth and nail to prevent a country that hasn't declared war on anyone since Revolutionary times from getting them.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Those were mostly conflicts created by 3 letter western intelligence agencies, by propping up known terrorist organizations and members like Osama Bin Laden. most notably to overthrown the leaders of Iran in the 80's.

So yeah, still not Iran doing anything on it's own.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They call the U.S. "The Great Satan" and their government keeps power by fueling it's population with this kind of hate. As far as Iran is concerned we represent everything that is evil in the world. They recently destroyed a mock-up of a Nimitz class supercarrier. They are training their military for warfare with the United States, while we are trying to negotiate peace with them, and caving in to all of their demands. This is while they are arming extremists in several nations around them.

Any day now I expect to see Obama and Kerry on TV telling us that we will have peace in our time. The parallels are incredible.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

1 - Iran can do what it wants. It's a sovereign nation and if they want nuclear energy or nuclear weapons, they can do so. Their rhetoric of 'destruction of Israel' is really troublesome and inflammatory. But they can still develop what they want.

2 - Yes, John Kerry is really, really stupid.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/4/2015 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Iran is responsible for those actions or terrorists from Iran are responsible for those actions? Are Christians responsible for a minority of Christians fire bombing abortion clinics?
in some kuds force and republican guard were directly involved. in others officially sanctioned terrorist groups carried it out. in each the Iranian Government was responsible for either commanding and supervising it be done or for creating and enabling the groups responsible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join