It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern California-based group for Paranormal Investigations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyron
a reply to: Tangerine

I've been around some things and experienced some things that I'd rather not admit. Walking through Linda Vista Hospital on '___' is one of them. That was wild. But what I've felt and seen won't change anything, as you seem pretty solid on your opinion and critique of what I feel.
Oops what exactly did you see at the linda vista hospital or on the way to it. Seen some things myself near there, too scary, but prolly my presence of mind saved me.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

Thank you ! I had heard of that story before but never quite read what it was about. I'll definitely check it out. Thank you again

Ps. And im guessing this paranormal group never took off the ground? lol

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Not sure if you ever used meet up. It's a website that tries to get you in touch with people with the same interest and hobbies as you. They do group events sometimes.

ghost-hunting.meetup.com...

I've always wanted to check out the Hollywood sign after hearing about the story of the lady in white that resides there. Over the course of 70+ years, joggers, hikers to park rangers have had run in with her. Especially the path that takes you up to the Hollywood sign, which is in a private area. A couple of people had a run in with her not long ago and their story was on paranormal witness. I've even read a yelp review of one of the guys who actually ran into her, though he described what happen not exactly like in the TV show.

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I have registered on Meet Up but i still haven't had the chance to join any group and go with them. Maybe i'll have to do that sometimes. I do like going to places like that by myself or with just a few friends. We don't take any fancy equipment like that but I tend to rely on just my five senses of what's happening.

I do remember that episode ! lol. It was pretty scary to know that there could be something up there. I was at the Griffith Observatory not too long ago (it was viewing the stars night) and i got to walk around a bit. I may have to go hiking up Runyon Canyon one of these days. I think it leads you to the Hollywood Sign. I think
I may have to check. I'll check out Yelp !

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Don't go by yourself black metalmist. Lol. What if you run into the lady in white at the Hollywood sign. What are you going to do? Plus they found some dude head in a plastic bag nearby there last time. Griffith park itself is known crazy people going up there sometimes, like satanist, or transients.

Awhile back ago me and a group of my friends hiked up runyon canyon to try to get to the hollywood sign, we did it pitch black in the middle of night, at that time I haven't even heard of the lady in white story. I'm glad we didn't run into anything ghostly, but it was fun stumbling around in the dark with my friends though. We didn't get too far as we got tired and we were baked and decided to head back.

Not sure if you live nearby the pasadena area, but growing up in L.A I've always heard about the enchanted forest at the end of lake ave. I've never been there, but my friends did. They always tell me the story about how they tripped out stumbling around in the dark at the enchanted forest. I been meaning to go check it out one day.

hauntedlosangeles.blogspot.com...

There some local haunts nearby my area as well. I been hearing stories about Legg Lake park nearby my area. That place is a dumping ground for dead bodies over the years. They found some dead naked lady stuffed in a trash can and someone threw her in a lake. Nearby the park, supposedly there has been sighting of a old school Spanish conquistador ghost riding a horse. I've been there late at night and it gets pretty eerie. Also watch out for Geeses, They have been known to attack people. I would know they attacked me once.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I actually do live near Pasadena. I just moved to the area I am now living and it's interesting to hear all these stories. Thanks !

I'll have to check out those links. And your'e right, I shouldnt go by myself. There's a lot of weirdos out there and its totally not safe.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yea buddy system. If you live near pasadena, you should check out suicide bridge. I've been there a few times, over the years alot of people have taken their own lives, on that thing. After awhile they put ups and fence to prevent people to trying to jump off that thing. You still hear alot of crazy stories though.

I'm actually from around the Pasadena area, I live near the San Gabriel area. I'm not exactly the bravest guy there is when it comes to ghost hunting. But I do know some of the local areas, We could go check out some of these spots together if you want, maybe a few of us, since you said your new to the area. It would be kinda scary to go alone, but you seem pretty brave to even entertain the idea.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I think I drove on that bridge once. It was very beautiful but kinda eery. Kinda like the Golden Gate Bridge in SF.

I'm a pretty brave girl haha. I've seen lots of stuff before but I do know where to draw the line. There are just some things I wont mess with.. I'm a believer in the paranormal but tend to be a skeptic and try to debunk and find a logical explanation to as much as I can.

Would be nice to go and check out these places. We may need to get together soon

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yea, definitely
If you are free this friday or saturday, we could go. Money is a bit tight for me. so our first ghost hunting trip has to be a little cost effective. We could check out legg lake park if you want, its more creepy if we go at night, but there are cops that patrol the place at night to kick out trepassers. We could just go in the late afternoon if you want before its about to get dark. Plus if we don't run into any ghosts we could just enjoy a picnic or something. The park has picnic tables and stuff where people do family get together. I'll make some sandwiches and bring some sodas. If your interested just let me know, I'll msg you privately with the details.

Even if we don't get attacked by ghosts, we probably will have to fend off the geeses. They are a wild bunch over there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan. During the day though... don't want to tresspass or break any rules. I sent you a msg.

I hate geese. I think ill wear some boots so they dont try to peck at my legs and feet

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Great. Yea, or wear tennis shoes. And long sleeve if you can, because there bugs sometimes. It's near a lake so some of the paths get sorta muddy sometimes. Plus we might want to go exploring, so there are alot of jogging paths around the place. We could take a walk around to explore. Sometimes I would go there to jog on the paths or people would just sit by the lake bank and fish for catfish.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I recently found a list here of Cali ghost hunting groups.

theshadowlands.net...

Hope it helps!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

That is the best advice i have ever seen anyone given.
There are things that go bump in the night, and there are things that want to make YOU go bump in the night.
A+ advice for a newbie. They would be very wise to pay attention.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyron
NOOOOooooooo

To many things can go wrong, not just ghost wise, but floor give way, something fall on you. always in at least pairs, to make sure both make it out alive.
The advice was good advice, its not talking down or anything like that. They are truly looking out for you.
Doing it alone, would be a very bad decision. please consider thinking about taking someone else.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi !!!!!!! I am SoCal ! Costa Mesa !

Message me if you would like to meet up ! i am interested !

thanks for the post !

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm in SD too, I would love to go and visit some places!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyprex

That's a great website with really accurate details. Some of the places include residential houses so you can't quite check them out. But the majority are public

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I've actually posted one of my paranormal encounters on shadowland many years ago, the story is still up there. Til this day I swear what happen to me was real. Many years later, I visited that same street in the haunted house I grew up in, and it was boarded up and abandoned. My brother and my grandfather RIP gramps, use to swear they hear footsteps in the house when they were alone. My gramps himself seen the apparition sitting in the chair, as if the ghost was still alive.

I myself was very little at the time, but remember hearing the sound of plates and kitchen ware being moved around or breaking, only to check on it and nothing was out of order.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join