It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ: Faith Healing through Quantum Physics

page: 1.
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't know much about quantum physics, but the general gist is that the conscious observer is able to manipulate material things by consciousness alone. The world outside of our observation behaves as a wave of probability, and it is only once an observer observes that the wave of probability collapses into a concrete scenario. So, is Jesus facilitating healing by facilitating people's beliefs and thus activating their ability to manipulate the external world with genuine faith? I was reading the book "Biblical Gnosis: A Scientific Perspective on the Soul's Ascent" which discussed this topic and it used this example:

The royal official said, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”

“Go,” Jesus replied, “your son will live.”

The man took Jesus at his word and departed. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living. When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, “Yesterday, at one in the afternoon, the fever left him.”

Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” So he and his whole household believed.

(John 4:49-53)

Jesus convinced the man that his son would be ok, and the EXACT moment that the man believed this to be true, his son was healed. Jesus healing people requires their faith, if the sick person does not have faith, even Jesus is incapable of saving them:

"…And (Jesus) did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith”

(Matthew 13:58).

In medicine, the placebo effect is a great example of this. Genuine faith enables anyone to be able to manipulate reality.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Interesting thoughts. I don't usually read Jesus posts but this one caught my eye. Keep the faith bro

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If all the miracles were just science and the use and understanding of quantum reality, what do we need Jesus for? He sure didn't give us any physics lessons while he was here, if he was here.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've always held the belief that most miracles, religious experiences, etc, can be explained through our current, ever expanding knowledge of quantum physics and string theory.

IMO, religion, especially ancient, was misunderstood science.... Even to this day.

Be careful where you take this thread...... Most atheistic scientists will see this as heretical and try to burn you at the stake for even suggesting a correlation between Jesus and science (all the while missing the irony in doing so)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I agree fully with you idea but wants to add a few thought.

There is a source of energy that all soul have access to a degree and increased usage. increases the amount and the energy even if it can be more or lesser at different times. Lets call it chi/light.

With different tools like Reiki/Meditation/Prayer/"Binaural Beats" you can invite the energy into your body. This energy can create heat/vibration/cold in a body. One of the reason New age is talking about Vibration.

Some people who play around with Reiki and other tools, can very efficiently calm another person down, with their touch with the help of this energy. This also help the placebo effect, since calmness makes the body self heal, since the body is in relaxed state. The question is not it if works but how effective it is compared to other treatments and if you should do a mix of treatments to get best results.

Chi/light changes the probability field to a degree causing synchronicities that is in fact changing the probability field. The field will decide where the energy will be and what form it will take. Every particle is just a specific amount of energy in a different form.
edit on 1-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Mark 4:10-12

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Take a look at the order in which the apostles were chosen and pay close attention to their characteristics. Then study up on the standard model of particle physics and you'll notice some very VERY interesting parallels.

I'm not going to point anything out for you because I don't want to influence your interpretation in any way. Just have a look and let us know what you come up with... if you're up for it of course.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I'm not going to point anything out for you because I don't want to influence your interpretation in any way. Just have a look and let us know what you come up with... if you're up for it of course.

Sorry. I have no idea what you're getting at. You're going to have to be more clear in what you want me to see, because a couple of fisherman being promised to be made into "fishers of men" isn't clicking with anything in my understanding of quantum physics.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Your example doesn't fit your premise which was:
"Jesus healing people requires their faith, if the sick person does not have faith, even Jesus is incapable of healing them".

In those verses from John, it was the boy who was at home, sick, and who was healed. He had no contact with Jesus. He would have no idea where his dad was at the moment, nor would he know who the father was talking with at 1 o'clock when he was miraculously healed.

Furthermore, verse 53 implies that members of the household did not have faith, prior to the miracle occurring. "...and he and his whole household came to believe".

I think this refutes your hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No. One of the biggest complaints I hear from you guys about Christians is how we let our preachers interpret the Bible for us and how we're incapable of thinking for ourselves. Don't be a hypocrite. I've pointed you in the right direction, the rest is up to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Sorry. Still not seeing it. Are you saying that Jesus taught quantum physics secretly to his disciples, in parable?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

In Mark 10:52; ""Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you."

Jesus says there that it is the blind man's faith that has made him well. The fact that the healed man referred to Jesus as, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" tell us much. The man recognises Jesus as the Messiah with the power to have mercy and heal him.

The conditions of being healed are recognising Jesus and using His title (His NAME) and having faith that He has the power and authority to heal.

We find in John 14:12 the name being the all important key (Way, Truth and Life),

"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have ... And he will do even greater works than these..."

It is belief that Jesus is who He said He was. Faith is the belief in His authority.

The whole point of Jesus is that God The Father wants us to accept His chosen and to know His name and that God has given Him all authority. It is the crux of the matter quite literally. Everything else depends upon this as the corner stone of Christian faith.

You, OP, are trying to answer this in terms of the intellectualism of science and physics. I have always made the mistake of trying to intellectualise Christ. It does not work. That is because spirit is different to intellect. Spirit is not of the mind. Spirit is separate. We have soul, spirit, mind and body. Jesus comes to us by spirit; the Holy Spirit.

The only earthly simile I can find to describe what is actually taking place is in a kind of inter-dimensional cause and effect. To God what we refer to as a miracle might be as easy as changing a line of code in a program. We know that two dimensional imagery can be manipulated in a written language of digits and looks very different to what it creates. May be we in the three dimensions are as easily manipulated by our Creator (Master Programmer) from the Third Heaven?

edit on 1-3-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Your example doesn't fit your premise which was:
"Jesus healing people requires their faith, if the sick person does not have faith, even Jesus is incapable of healing them".
In those verses from John, it was the boy who was at home, sick, and who was healed. He had no contact with Jesus. He would have no idea where his dad was at the moment, nor would he know who the father was talking with at 1 o'clock when he was miraculously healed.

Furthermore, verse 53 implies that members of the household did not have faith, prior to the miracle occurring. "...and he and his whole household came to believe".

In this example it is the sick boy's father's faith that saves the boy. When the father "took Jesus at his word" that means he believed Jesus and believed his son would be ok. When the household believes is irrelevant, because it is the father's faith that saves the boy. In most other examples, it is the faith of the actual sick person that allows them to be healed:

Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment
(Matthew 9:22).

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven” …”I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all…
(Mark 2:5, 11-12).

“Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road
(Mark 10:52).

The human body has the ability to do anything, it is just a matter of learning how to unlock this potential. I believe faith, especially in light of quantum physics, is the key:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

(Hebrews 11:1)

Thanks everyone for your interesting input.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So are you planning on using your genuine faith to heal another with genuine faith?
edit on 1-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Are you saying that Jesus taught quantum physics secretly to his disciples, in parable?

You weren't asking me, but -

Yes, IF HE EXISTED, he taught exactly that - so did Buddha, Krishna, Rumi et al.

It's all the same thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

I've always held the belief that most miracles, religious experiences, etc, can be explained through our current, ever expanding knowledge of quantum physics and string theory.

Be careful where you take this thread...... Most atheistic scientists will see this as heretical and try to burn you at the stake for even suggesting a correlation between Jesus and science

I second what Windword said:

If all the miracles were just science and the use and understanding of quantum reality, what do we need Jesus for?

Didn't you just refute that corollary between the divine and science yourself dothedew? If it can be explained through quantum physics then this phenomenon is a scientific one. Why do we then need to invoke the metaphysical at all?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My two cents: What is causality? I mean we all know what it means that some action causes some other, but have you really thought about it? Really analyzed it?

The quantum world paints a picture that's way more concerned with correlation than causation. Certain experiments seem to show past events caused by future events. Statistically, causality can be defined as a correlation, where if B then A, whether forwards or backwards in time.

The Bible calls on people to be honest, which is to say their words are correlated with the truth. For such honest people, Hebrews 11:1 gives a definition of faith: It is the certainty (of honest people) in things yet unseen. In other words, those who correlate their words and thoughts with facts, have the power to set their words and thoughts (THE WORD when its most powerful) on things yet unseen, so that they will come to pass. This is the power of prophecy - those who tend to be right, tend to be right. Its written in the fundamental facts of our universe, and in scripture.

We are called upon to be holistic, to consider all of it. God is the challenge none have conquered. The great blessings are with those, from many faiths, who TRY.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

So are you planning on using your genuine faith to heal another with genuine faith?

Touche. All this belief I am expressing, and I am not acting upon it. I aspire to "drop my nets" and devote my life to this soon. Any "Christian" who is not doing this is a hypocrite. So, for now, I am a hypocrite. My faith is still incubating.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I hear what you're saying. I really do! I'm quite "psychic" and I do believe that my extra sensory perception will one day be explained scientifically. I believe that we are manifesting our existence and that we exist simultaneously on several different dimensions.........

I just don't see what Bones was getting at with the with this:

Take a look at the order in which the apostles were chosen and pay close attention to their characteristics. Then study up on the standard model of particle physics and you'll notice some very VERY interesting parallels.

Do you?

Here's this:

Matthew 4
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

I'm not seeing the "quantum physics" here? Are you?

(Squinting and turning my head sideways)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I don't think it's a need or a want to invoke anything metaphysical, but more of a natural reaction to such.

Families all over the world have been taught that religion is supreme and absolute, with science being man-made. For some religious people, science is viewed as man's way of making sense of the divine. They don't understand the science, let alone the descriptive science of how, or why, so a miraculous connotation is naturally associated with it nowadays.

Even more so in the past, where scientific understanding was far behind our current standards...... Referencing a previous poster, I think it would've been rather nice if Jesus had taught his disciples some quantum mechanics...

I do believe also, that Jesus will play a part in this until the full extent of quantum and all related branches of physics and study are completely understood. I know plenty of people in the field that scoff at any ideas related to this because they themselves don't have a complete understanding. Just my 2 cents
edit on 1-3-2015 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I do not get it either. Is the net supposed to be a grid 3D+T that can be manipulated by changing probability so that manifestation happen? Grasping at straws.

I have a hard time about the whole it has to unexplainable concept that some people are loving. Some people do not like to have both logic and spirit meet since if everything is explained, then they cannot philosophy and have fun being creative.

Some people can speak very creative but do less on the logic side and some do logic but cannot imagine other ideas that they can test and get stuck in the same subjective view. You an have both logic and creative side in equal parts.

I might have limitations in sensors and keeping track of data, but that do not mean humanity always will have the same limitations that I have to explore unknown parts or reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join