It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Obama Threatened to Shoot Down IAF Iran Strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If this report is true, then it shows just how bad relations with Israel have become...and just how far President Obama will go to protect his secret negotiations with Iran.
Honestly, I hope this report turns out not to be true. I can't imagine that even Obama would resort to killing Israeli pilots in order to protect Iran.

The Bethlehem-based news agency Ma’an has cited a Kuwaiti newspaper report Saturday, that US President Barack Obama thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014 by threatening to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran.

Following Obama's threat, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was reportedly forced to abort the planned Iran attack.

According to Al-Jarida, the Netanyahu government took the decision to strike Iran some time in 2014 soon after Israel had discovered the United States and Iran had been involved in secret talks over Iran’s nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.

The report claimed that an unnamed Israeli minister who has good ties with the US administration revealed the attack plan to Secretary of State John Kerry, and that Obama then threatened to shoot down the Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran.

Al-Jarida quoted "well-placed" sources as saying that Netanyahu, along with Minister of Defense Moshe Yaalon, and then-Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman, had decided to carry out airstrikes against Iran's nuclear program after consultations with top security commanders.

According to the report, “Netanyahu and his commanders agreed after four nights of deliberations to task the Israeli army's chief of staff, Benny Gantz, to prepare a qualitative operation against Iran's nuclear program. In addition, Netanyahu and his ministers decided to do whatever they could do to thwart a possible agreement between Iran and the White House because such an agreement is, allegedly, a threat to Israel's security.”

The sources added that Gantz and his commanders prepared the requested plan and that Israeli fighter jets trained for several weeks in order to make sure the plans would work successfully. Israeli fighter jets reportedly even carried out experimental flights in Iran's airspace after they managed to break through radars.

Former US diplomat Zbigniew Brzezinski, who enthusiastically campaigned for Obama in 2008, called on him to shoot down Israeli planes if they attack Iran. “They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch?” said the former national security advisor to former President Jimmy Carter in an interview with the Daily Beast.

“We have to be serious about denying them that right,” he said. “If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a 'Liberty' in reverse.’"

FULL Article:
www.israelnationalnews.com...-xU
edit on 1-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What secret deal with Iran and how do you know about it?.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Good point....for now lets call it secret negotiations. I will edit accordingly. TY.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Good point....for now lets call it secret negotiations. I will edit accordingly. TY.

What secret negotiations with Iran? What are they negotiating? If they are secret how do you know about it?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why be so coy? can you tell me about the secret deal or not?.
Or is it just an opinion? If not care to back up the secret deal with links?....I would love to know.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 1-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
LooooL

Serves them right, if it's true.

I hate Obama...
But sometimes he does the right thing...

If it's true.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow so you edit out your knowledge of a secret deal between OB and Iran....
Why?
Is it because it is BS?.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I think he is referring to the negotiations/deal involving Russia/Iran/US & others in a bid to come to a peaceful Nuclear agreement with Iran...

Which the details of these meetings are currently not being divulged to the public...

It's why Netanyahu has been asked to visit Congress by Republicans who think Israeli s# doesn't stink and that Obama is a Muslim trying to aid and abet Iran in the destruction of Israel.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This 6 nation deal...

mobile.reuters.com...

That congress want to interfere with, a veto is coming to that proposal...

mobile.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Unless Netanyahoo has credible evidence of an imminent attack by Iran I don't see the need to attack Iran; unless he's just looking to cause conflict. I understand that the US is Israel's cash cow but I think that Netanyahoo just needs to let it go. He's screaming "the Red Coats are coming........." but they're not.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Cheers I just don't understand the OP refusing to tell us about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No problem pal...

Not too sure really.

A source would have sufficed...

Maybe he thought it was a well known thing.

Even so, a link would help.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Cheers I just don't understand the OP refusing to tell us about it.

When exactly did the OP refuse to tell you about it? He stated he made a mistake, and changed 'deal' to 'negotiations'. He may not have even seen your other replies yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the age old concept that "democracies do not attack other democracies". Obama's true colors are showing.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Whatever happened to the age old concept that "democracies do not attack other democracies". Obama's true colors are showing.

Since when is the USA a democracy?

link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well the loveable Isaac Herzog (Labour) is currently ahead of Netanyahu (Likud) in the run up to the Israeli election on the 17th...

So I'm sure Netanyahu is desperate for some sort of reason to appear like a saviour from a non-existent threat just to hold onto power...

His defenders online should have realised a long time ago he is not doing what he does for Israel...
He is doing what he does because he is an egocentric, power hungry, dog droppings pile...

Poor Netanyahu

link   
Not surprised about this report.

Obama is capable of anything when cornered like a wounded animal.

The Iran connections to secrecy are valid.

---> There's a GIANT unknown in the Iran nuclear negotiations

A US-led group of countries and Iran may be on the verge of signing a landmark nuclear accord that the US believes will diminish Tehran's pathways to a nuclear weapon.

Details are scarce, and some may never be fully known. After all, the text of the implementation agreement for the Joint Plan of Action signed in Geneva in November 2013 isn't public.

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Just to be clear are you accepting a nuclear armed Iran?
I'm asking about ONLY that not any insinuations to the subject itself.
edit on 1-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What ever happened to not assuming things are true based on unnamed reports and biased news sources?

We have no validity to this what soever.

While I don't agree with the idea of shooting down planes to stop an attack like this, I think it would serve us well to not allow it to happen.
How legal of an attack would that have been?
What would it spark if it was/is carried out?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join