It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your recommendations for good UFO/Alien conspiracy movies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Fiction or non-fiction, doesnt matter.

The movie's plot doesnt even have to be directly related to aliens. Just post whatever good films you've heard of or seen about aliens or that at least refer to the UFO and alien conspiracy.

With this thread i'm hoping we can compile a nice list of good movies on the subject since it's my favorite and most likely the favorite of most of the people that frequent this message board.

Some examples:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The X-Files: Fight the Future
Signs
Roswell
Fire in the Sky
Communion

[edit on 17/12/04 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One of the best documentaries on UFOs was hosted by James Doohan and is called UFOs: Above and Beyond. It contains an interview with Bob Lazar.

This video is hard to get. (It took me a while to find the above link.) I happened to be fortunate enough to have dubbed it years ago when it was on The Learning Channel. You can't get it through regular video outlets like Amazon.com.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One of the greatest "alien" movies of all time...PREDATOR!!!

Of course "Alien" is a classic (the first one)...the other 2, not so much

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ahh documentaries. Yes, feel free to post those as well.

Thanks for the replies so far, this thread isnt taking off as quickly as i thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I really liked the "taken" series by speilberg. I heard the series '4400' was really good but i missed it when it aired on tv. im gonna have to wait for the dvd release.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The next movie of Steven Spielberg War Of The World ...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My sugestions:

The Forgotten
Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County - "Blair Witch" like, but with aliens

The Intruders - tv miniseries adapting the book with the same name from Budd Hopkins.
Endangered Species - movie about cattle mutilations

It may be a bit difficult to find the 3 last ones (altough I got the second one in a p2p program) but I think they are worth it!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hangar 18
Fire in the Sky
Communion
E.T.
The Abyss

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Alien movies,

well how about these ones,

Star wars- all the movies,

V,

Any of David Icke is good fiction,

The beast- this one dosent come out till 2005/6, not sure, but I bet its a load of.......

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
I really liked the "taken" series by speilberg. I heard the series '4400' was really good but i missed it when it aired on tv. im gonna have to wait for the dvd release.

Quick note enrage: I believe they are going to re-show it(4400) all before the next season, because it was pick up as a series it did so well. At least this is what I have read.

As for movies, I think I am the only one that liked it but;

The Arrival - with Charlie Sheen, I thought was good
Contact - do not know how the book compares because I think Sagan is impossible to read, but the movie is incredible.

[edit on 12/17/2004 by bobafett1972]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hello!!!! STARGATE..the BEST alien-gov't conspiracy movie!!!!! and the series.great!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
As for movies, I think I am the only one that liked it but;

The Arrival - with Charlie Sheen, I thought was good
[edit on 12/17/2004 by bobafett1972]

You're not the only one! I think it's great, altough part two is horrible! -

www.imdb.com...

And I remembered some other movies:

"They Live" - by John Carpenter
"Body Snatchers" - The version made by Abel Ferrara of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"
"Invaders from Mars" - remade by Tobe Hooper

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
2 other good ones that most don't think of are cocoon and "fire in the sky"
good alien genre,sci-fi movies

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Taken , Fire in the sky, sighns and mission to mars

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I am watching that dvd right now! I love that movie. Roddy Piper did such a great job, I didn't even realize he was Nada for a good 15 minutes the first time I saw it.

hehe, glad to hear it!

It's such a good concept, and I also think maybe credible (minus the aliens of course)
yeah, it's surprising how good Roddy Piper is in it actually. Enjoy watching the brawl in the alley again.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Enjoy watching the brawl in the alley again.

I think that scene is one of the best fight scenes ever in a movie. It makes me wince just watching it.

PUT ON THE GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There was a good book by Robert Heinlein called "Have Space Suit... Will Travel." that was pretty good. Humorous too. But anyways, in the story, man has established its first moon colony, and some Aliens have moved in a little ways away behind some low mountains, in a shadow where they can't be seen. Dark ships, and such. Good book anyways. Heinlien is probably my favorite space related sci-fi author, aven though it was all mostly written like 60 years ago.

Good space entertainment:

Signs
V
Battlestar Gallactica (Star Wars fits into that one)
Fire In The Sky
Communion
Mission To Mars
Red Planet
Star Trek (NOT Voyager or DS9
)
Predator and Alien originals (not alien vs. predator)
THE THING!!!
and a few more I can't think of right now.
OH, and of course... Earth Girls are Easy.

There are way to many books to list.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Torus]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was up late one night watching Scifi. It must have been like 5 in the morning. I cant remember the name. Anyway It was a documentary about Jesse Marcels. It was a very good movie. I think Martin Sheen was in it. It starts out as Jesse Marcels like 50 years after it happend. He went back to Roswell searching for answers. The whole time he was there he was ridiculed for making such a big mistake. Then they do a flashback of him when it happened and all the confusion and news headlines. Later he meats a man that tells him things like one of the aliens was alive and that the government was questioning it telepathically. I recommend it. If only I knew the name. Any1 know the movie Im talking about. I would like to watch it again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join