It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being punished for making anti God posts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I don't even know what I believe in so I'll just design a healing ritual and send the vibes in your direction.

If there is a Holy Spirit....anthropomorphizing GOD is one of the stupidest things humans can do.

Good Luck!!
edit on 27-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I became a believer in Jesus Christ at a very young age and wound up turning away for a time. As time went on, I became anti-bible and mocked God. I too went through severe discipline. Sometimes its not so much that God is angry, as He is trying to get your attention for something important, like savation. Maybe He is calling you to salvation. If so, simply believe that Jesus died for your sins, and you are saved.

There is a reason why we call God our Father, because He loves us as His children, even if that means tough love.

You can always PM me if you feel its necessary.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Good post.
I have always thought that our creator.... whatever name we call him, wouldn't get his jollies by torturing his children.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'll say a prayer for you.

Couldn't hurt.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
It is through suffering that we're drawn to God.

"Whoever wants to be my disciple must take up their cross daily...and follow me"

The cross=suffering. This is a gift.

"Ask and you will receive, knock and the door will be opened to you". Try knocking.

This earthly life is short-term. Eternal life is His promise. But you have to ask.

God bless you, I'll pray for you.

Your post reminded me of an odd bit of synchronicity that happened to me. One day I had been listening to a podcast at work. I went to my brother's house after work and we were talking about the podcast and I had mentioned the verse ...

Revelation 3:20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

At that very moment as the words finished leaving my mouth there was a knock at my brother's door. I opened the door and this young man was standing there and asked if he could come inside and pray with my brother and I. He was a 7th day Adventist and was collecting money by selling literature.

I say this to say that God will work on us even in our deepest bouts of non-belief. I was a die hard atheist but after a number of events like this I could not ignore the Lord any longer. God is subtle at times and at others he may knock you on the head. In the end he knows our hearts better than we do and he wishes that none should perish. If YOU(OP) feel that this is God sending you a message it is best to at least set your personal issues aside and open the door and hear what he has to say.

edit on 27-2-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've pondered my own past, my own sufferings, and I realized something. There was certainly a loud knocking that was occurring, but it wasn't from me. It was only obvious in hindsight. I wasn't answering the door!

There's an old painting. In it, Jesus is standing outside an old door, knocking loudly. If you notice, there's no handle on the door. It only opens from the inside.

Sometimes we need to swallow our pride, lose our ego, raise our arms in surrender, then close our eyes and listen. Perhaps God is nudging me to do something I don't want to do?

Is someone at the door?

a reply to: NihilistSanta

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm very sorry for your illness and hope from the best.

All these people with prolific posts about how your don't need god or that your mind is playing tricks on you really just like spewing their opinions.

If you treat people with respect you gain respect in return. The golden rule is how I live my life and is actually in a lot of religions around the world. I figure if I live by this simple universal rule how can my creator judge me for picking the wrong religion, if he does F$$$ Him I didn't wanna worship that Ahole anyways.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Definitely nothing to do with God bro - there are people of all faiths suffering as you have been.
Don't even bring religion into it.
I'm not sure if you're serious anyway but if you are, God has far better things to do than pick on people for posts on the internet.

Hope your suffering eases and you get a run of peace and relaxation and painless calm.
edit on 27-2-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
God wants you to put aside your fear of Cannabis and to endulge in it completely.

Go find some Oil and cure that cancer for Christ sake pun intended.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels cheers I'm already starting to feel better after my first bowel movement in 10 days. It's just been a traumatic month and one that has tested me as a sane human being. I was on the edge of losing my mind on quite a few occasions. I know it's got nothing to do with God, but some of the events coincided with me making some pretty anti religious postings. I'll be fine after a few days of decent sleep and convalescence.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Basically.... no, you're not.
In the same way that god doesn't have an influence of most things, god doesn't punish the wicked and god doesn't help dying little kids etc.

I can't even imagine how tough a time you're having to even contemplate something like this, but definitely put this out of your mind.... channel your thoughts and energy positively, and I don't mean that patronisingly at all, I'm serious.

Forget the god mumbo jumbo.

edit on 27/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

God calls people, but He doesn't call them by actively punishing them. He works in other ways.

He may call you in your darkest hour, but I don't believe He would ever put you there.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think anybody has or could put it better than that.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JDmOKI

God calls people, but He doesn't call them by actively punishing them. He works in other ways.

He may call you in your darkest hour, but I don't believe He would ever put you there.

I'm not religious but I like how you said that, very nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Having on opinion on religions are not bashing the source of all spiritual from my point of view.

I have a lot of opinions on Muhammad and Paul, but that is a complaint on how humans have chosen to describe god/"the source" and not a criticism on the source.

I will join in with the others and try to send you some happy energy.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you).
edit on 27-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I don't think it works like that.

But anger is a stage of grief. What you are dealing with should not be marginalized.

Just remember that a positive mental attitude gives the best hope of healing. If it isn't a 'real' attitude, who cares, just "fake it 'till you make it".

edit on 27/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
As a believer, when bad things happen to me, like really bad things, I don't think that it's some form of punishment, but that there is a lesson I am supposed to learn. I can't say for sure what the reason might be in your case though, and I realize that, as a human, I am more than capable of making mistakes, so my beliefs, all of them, could be wrong... but what am I supposed to do? Not believe anything? Sure, I could just believe that there is no God, but that is still a belief that could be wrong, so from that perspective I would be no better off...

It seems like we are somewhat the same, since you obviously must also realize that, as a human, your belief in no God could be incorrect since you are considering that God may be punishing you for something. I don't really think you should ever be frightened, threatened or otherwise coerced into believing in God. If you ever do form a relationship with God, it should not be based on fear of punishment or any other fear... or even the thought of reward for good behavior. A relationship based on punishment/reward is not a true relationship. Although I fear many do futilly base their relationship with God on such things.

I'm very sorry you are going through this, and I hope things get better soon. I will say a prayer for you as soon as I hit post, for what it's worth.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Let's face it, religion is garbage. Even *if* God, or gods, existed she/he/it/they would likely agree that religions have poisoned any good messages that were intended. They also probably realise that most humans pay lip service to the pillars and themes of their respective religions.

If so, it's gotta be at the end of a long list of possible reasons why you've been going through a horrible time. When we're low in spirit, under stress and beset by bad news, we naturally start trying to find a reason for why or think an 'agent' is responsible. It's human nature and lends subjective support for that old statement, 'no atheists in a lifeboat.'

Going back to the idea of angry God or gods...if they were as petty and childish as you currently suspect, would we ever have got this far? I don't mean all the ridiculous wars and nastiness in life, I mean the way most of the population of Earth is well-behaved, kind and decent. A world run by petty entities would surely be overwhelmingly chaotic.

Whatever! I hope things turn around for you and your health improves. Life can really put us through the wringer and I've been there too - we probably all have. All the best Woodward

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

S*** happens, to the best of us

Don't let someone's superstitions infect you.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Hey Woodwardjnr.

I miss you.

YOU ARE DEAD.....

If you are reading this ..... you died. I feel like crap. I did not know you were dying. I should have been more compassionate to you than I was. I am sorry for being an asshole to you..... forgive me.

Your mom joined ATS and started a great thread. You should have seen all the post and how everyone spoke well of you, including me.

I hope you made it to heaven and if not I hope you see the resurrection. Don't give up.

Great God in heaven it is written, ask and you shall receive, I ask you God to give eternal life to woodwardjnr and give him eternal peace, In Jesus name I ask. AMEN

DS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join