It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being punished for making anti God posts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
James 1 (click link for what's behind the + and * symbols):

12 Happy is the man who keeps on enduring trial,+ because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life,+ which Jehovah* promised to those who continue loving Him.+ 13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed* by his own desire.+ 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile,* gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.+

16 Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. 17 Every good gift and every perfect present is from above,+ coming down from the Father of the celestial lights,+ who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows.*+ 18 It was his will to bring us forth by the word of truth,+ so that we would become a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.+

19 Know this, my beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen, slow to speak,+ slow to anger,+ 20 for man’s anger does not bring about God’s righteousness.+ 21 Therefore, put away all filthiness and every trace of badness,*+ and accept with mildness the implanting of the word that is able to save you.*

22 However, become doers of the word+ and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer,+ this one is like a man looking at his own face* in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. 25 But the one who peers into the perfect law+ that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.+

26 If any man thinks he is a worshipper of God* but does not keep a tight rein on* his tongue,+ he is deceiving his own heart, and his worship is futile.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: woodwardjnr
If you are reading this ..... you died.

Uhm? How does that work again? I don't think the dead can read your posts. Am I overlooking your beliefs regarding the dead?

Ephesians 9:5,6:

5 For the living know* [Or “are conscious.”] that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* [Or “wages.”] because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

Good News From God! What Hope Is There for the Dead?

edit on 2-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
It's been done before:
Jesus Resurrects a Widow’s Son

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I have just spent the last month on and off in hospital, having my mental capacity for pain, patience and dissapointment tested to the limit. It's been one hell of a challenge I almost feel I'm being picked on. Now is God the type to punish people for mocking him on an Internet message board. Is he that serious that he has thrown such bad luck in a non believers direction. It's made me think twice before making anti/ religious posts, because I just can't handle any more trips to the hospital. Am I just being paranoid or could I be paying for my actions.even if some are only light hearted humourous posts. I just need a break, so I'm just going to quit for now. Is God serious, does he ever laugh? Or is it strictly serious all the time?

God might be doing this to get you to pay attention and rethink your life. It seems to me that you are

In my religion we believe God punishes and tests people in this world.

Those who have strayed from God, and cross the limit, He will abandon them to their desires and passions. He will shower them with wealth and health and success so they become deluded. They will think they are on the right path. But in reality they are marching towards hell.

Life in this world is only a test. The real life begins in the hereafter.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

God might be doing this to get you to pay attention and rethink your life. It seems to me that you are
In my religion we believe God punishes and tests people in this world.

Those who have strayed from God, and cross the limit, He will abandon them to their desires and passions. He will shower them with wealth and health and success so they become deluded. They will think they are on the right path. But in reality they are marching towards hell.

Life in this world is only a test. The real life begins in the hereafter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join