It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Can't Be Seen from Outer Space

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

The same way that if you take the same picture of something on earth with two different cameras and lenses, they'll look different.

This was taken with the same camera, about a minute apart. The first picture was with an 18mm lens, then with a 500mm.

The same thing happens with a camera in space.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Type of camera, settings, film (if any still use that), or exposure....all of them will affect how the photo looks.

I just took these a few minutes ago:

ISO 1600, 1/1000 exposure time:

ISO 1600, 1/4000 exposure time:

ISO 100, 1/1000 exposure time

ISO 100, 1/4000 exposure time:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Kudos for posting those. I must be said that the Apollo cameras on the Moon had their exposures and focal lengths set to a small selection of settings. They were optimised to take pictures of the sunlit landscape of the Moon.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: 23432

i know where he is going : round in circles

whats his angle ?

Oxygen produced on board ISS ; I thought everyone knew that .

Oh wait , no angles on a circle !

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

We're on page 78 of "I don't understand cameras so space is fake" so I'd certainly have to agree with your assessment.
edit on 18-6-2017 by captainpudding because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Someone who was actually interested in finding out the answer to simple questions might decide to download the image in high resolution and see what the giant Apollo 12 sun is made of.

As Ove38 isn't one of those people I've done it for him:

There's the sun in the middle. Exactly the same size as viewed from Earth. The rest is down to the camera.

Next.
edit on 18/6/2017 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

the sun in the apollo images is not " fake " it is over exposed

your delusions are just that

please go back to my reply - and actually comprehend it

as another poster put it so eloquently " 78 pages of people dont understand the physics of cameras so create the delusion that space = fake "

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Like others have said.

Different camera and lens properties.

And I'd like to add. The moon has a tiny bit of atmosphere.

Nothing like earths. But it does have one.

Atmosphere can act like a lens and distort light making it bigger.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

This is the funniest thread alongside flat earth threads.

I really admire people who is dead set on convincing (educating) the 0,0001% of idiots.

Ahhh the internet let fools cry.

Maybe I need to remove one 0......

Meh....

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
a reply to: wildespace
but what does the Sun really look like in space? How would you image it? Well, I asked the folk at NPS in Monterey and they said to use a neutral density filter, reduces all wavelengths equally so you get the real colour. Well, has anyone ever taken a camera with an ND filter out on an EVA?
No excuses about long exposures or hand held cameras is valid, the exposure time for an image of the Sun through a 10 stop ND filtered camera from Earth is 1/8000 sec. But of course, what a waste of time, we know what the Sun looks like in space, it will be the same as from Earth, but white instead of the yellow/orange cuased by the atmosphere. Really, why waste 1/8000 sec. to confirm what we already know?

Although GaryN is sadly not active on here anymore, his calls have been "answered", as ISS astronauts did just recently take photos of the Sun using an ND filter:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

And this cool one of the solar eclipse:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Photos taken using NIKON D4 and a 1150mm lens.

So, yeah, why did we need to confirm what we already know?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Although GaryN is sadly not active on here anymore

Please explain why this is a cause for sadness.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Although GaryN is sadly not active on here anymore

Please explain why this is a cause for sadness.

Challenging the established can lead to interesting discussions, and lead to a productive research when answering those challenges. Personally, I've learned quite a few things when researching for how to answer the posts in this thread.

Let's face it, one of the reasons me and you stick around a site like ATS is people challenging the norm. Otherwise, it would be just like a regular astronomy/science forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Ack. I have been busted. I've learned many things via the idiotic claims of others.

But you will admit that at some point willful ignorance does wear thin and becomes pointless with endless repetition.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Did Aldrin or Armstrong not say they used a sextant in the Eagle to navigate using the stars while on their way to the moon?

I am begining to believe something very strange is going on outside our atmosphere... There is something they do not want us to know.. Maybe the Earth is flat after all..

edit on 6/9/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

No, that's normal. The "strange" stuff is going on in our atmosphere, if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the simplest argument against this idiocy - the sun is a star

Idiocy? yes, those idiots travelling to the moon in their fancy machines! His observation is worth consideration, and if you cant see stars from the moon, maybe stars are something that we dont necessarily understand. This is speculation, but maybe they are somehow embedded into our atmosphere, or something.

OMG; where do you people come from?

There is a definitive reason you cannot see stars from the moon or earth in space when the sun [which is absolutely a star] is visible, it's called Light Pollution. The sun is so much closer than all the other stars, and there is nothing really in the way of you and the sun when you're in earth's orbit unless you're on the night side of earth. This makes the sun the brightest source of light which drowns out the light from the other stars that are much more dim and much, much, much further away.

You can see stars in space when you're on the night side of the earth, or the night side of the moon. There is no such thing as the "dark side" of the moon, each side, the close side and the far side, have night and day cycles, when the far side is day, the close side is night and vice versa. This alternates every two weeks.

The sun is brighter than stars because it's closer. Take two flashlights, put one in your face, and one 40 feet away, and the one in your face will stop you from seeing the one 40 feet away. It's really, really, really simple.
edit on 6-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

OMG; where do you people come from?

You mean Neil Armstrong? The man who said it was totally dark in space? He came from earth and supposedly went to the moon.

edit on 8-9-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The man who said it was totally dark in space?

Please provide a source.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

at 0:35 in this video:

It was in the OP. He said the only thing you can see from the moon is the earth.
edit on 8-9-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

In 1969, after coming back from the moon, he also said this:

In an August 12, 1969, Apollo 11 post-flight press conference, astronaut Neil Armstrong states, "We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics."[7][8] Stars were visible with the naked eye only when they were in the shadow of the Moon. All of the landings were in daylight.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79 >>

join