It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Assessing Al Shabaab UK & US Mall Threats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Looks like we have a new problem emerging with 'Al-Shaabab' here in the ~UK.

I won't say 'we do have lots of Somalians over here' but we do and I guess the threat is just as big as ISIS or Quaeda or 'BOKO Haram'.

How did we, as a Nation let it get so bad that we are being constantly targeted?

Who is to blame for this mess?

Blair and the Labour Party or what?

Will this ever be finished?

We have let them create their own Communities over here and their own rules according to 'Sharia', is it any wonder these threats are occurring?

How do we fix it? Coz we have a divide occurring here (has been for a while now)

Anyway, here is the latest article from skynews (Go there on this link to read the rest: news.sky.com...)

Islamist militants have released a video in which they appear to call for terrorist attacks on some of the busiest shopping areas in the UK and US. In the footage, fighters from the al Shabaab group specifically mention Oxford Street, and give GPS coordinates for the Westfield shopping centres in Stratford and Shepherd's Bush. US authorities have said they are taking the threats seriously, while the Metropolitan Police told Sky News its Counter Terrorism Command is aware of the video and is assessing the content.

Several US shopping malls were also threatened in the video, which was released on Saturday. One of them, the Mall of America in Minnesota, has already increased security amid fears that radicalised Muslims could orchestrate an attack. The state is home to a sizeable Somali population.

edit on CSTSun, 22 Feb 2015 13:16:31 -0600u2801x031x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We have let them create their own Communities over here and their own rules according to 'Sharia', is it any wonder these threats are occurring?

Yeah, infidels are being stoned to death after a 1000 lashes everyday in London...
Someone needs to speak up about it...

/sarc

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I won't say 'we do have lots of Somalians over here' but we do

Am confused.com

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I never said anything about 'lashes', I was referring to the divisive communities and there are those ones who abide by 'sharia' only if any probs occur.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Apparently they mentioned West Edmonton Mall in Canada too. Could just be propaganda to sway Canadians to justify Harper's agenda though.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I won't say 'we do have lots of Somalians over here' but we do

Am confused.com

~~~~~~Yes, I was confused too but lets not turn this into a pantomime. This is a serious threat to all (yes, even those 'peaceful' ones).

Anyway, i'm off to watch a film... be back later.
edit on CSTSun, 22 Feb 2015 13:46:38 -0600u2801x038x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Notice that these coward terrorists very very rarely attack military targets.

It's shopping centers,airports,etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Notice that these coward terrorists very very rarely attack military targets.

It's shopping centers,airports,etc.

Well it is very unlikely they would attack themselves.

Who pays when Terrorism strikes? Joe public, that's who and it will forever be so. We are the soft underbelly and there are so many serfs in the World, we can afford to take the hit.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well there's a UK general election in May, so it's logical to say this announcement is scare tactics.

However, as much as the current Tory government would want to scare people away from the immigration-friendly Labour party, would they risk pushing even more voters over to the anti-immigration UKIP Party?

Seems a risky strategy, unless for some reason the Torys would prefer a coalition with UKIP... And perhaps they would!

There's no chance of the current Liberal coalition surviving the election (Liberals are very low in the polls), So the Tory's are left with a hard choice: Labour or UKIP...

Well a Labour coalition would be a worse case scenario for the Tory's with Labour almost certainly trying and veto just about every decision Cameron made.

Whereas i'm sure they'd find it far easier getting their spending cuts, tax rises and Orwellian ideas, such as slave labor for 18-21 years, through with a UKIP coalition.

They have the same basic principles - the worship of money - it's just a matter of the degrees they're able to go to to realise their utopia.

So it's handy that UKIP - an expendable vanguard for such views - has appeared. And thanks to all the terrorism the UK populace are flocking to them.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah, infidels are being stoned to death after a 1000 lashes everyday in London...
Someone needs to speak up about it...

/sarc

I expected more from you Charlie, there seems to be a legitimate threat so why would you be sarcastic?
Just as an addendum, my mother lives in a predominantly Somali area of Liverpool, yes, you read that right..predominantly Somali...in Liverpool. No need to be racist, the racists are those who are the majority, fact.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Think charlie was getting at more about the supposed sharia zones not discrediting the possibility of the threat.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Think charlie was getting at more about the supposed sharia zones not discrediting the possibility of the threat.

I'm sure he will tell us soon anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ya because any attack on sharia cannot stand, never mind the real threats. /sarc.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That isn't what is being said at all.
Just that we need to stop acting like there are these zones of the city where it is happening and nothing is being done about it.

I have no issue with this being treated as a real threat as it very well could be.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That isn't what is being said at all.
Just that we need to stop acting like there are these zones of the city where it is happening and nothing is being done about it.

I have no issue with this being treated as a real threat as it very well could be.

That was exactly what was being said.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I guess if you twist your head and squint your eyes sure...

Where are you getting that from?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I feel your concern, but...I find it very hard to believe you don't know who's to blame for this; that you don't know who's behind the agenda and how it's been implemented. If you're truly that ignorant, I'd suggest you do some research on the "multiculturalism" and "diversity" movements in the UK and US to get an understanding about who's been behind this.

Not to worry however...just stay away from the Malls. From what I understand, the cream of the gene pool in the UK is moving out of the "chitties" and out to the small towns and rural areas much as is happening in the US. Malls? I don't know of any one who goes to malls in the US anymore except the gang bangers. Most of the malls in the Metro areas where I live have been converted to business uses such as call center operations for collection agencies and such. And now most are surrounded by sketchy apartment housing projects.

Anyway, I have no doubt it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

You could be right.

When I read skynews comments there are plenty on there voting UKIP coming election.

I was going to vote for them but I've changed my mind. I'm sticking with conservative because I don't like Labour!

Just hope it is only a threat and nothing comes of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Na, I'm not ignorant. I know why they created this Society, I just don't think its going to plan unless the final goal was to get a right wing party into Government!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm not sure; I have no doubt it's not going according to "plan", but I don't think the goal was to get the right-wingers into power. My guess would have been, at least as far as the US is concerned, that the plan was/is to create a society that would ultimately lead to a one party, (Democrat) State, i.e., full spectrum dominance on the political level. The problem with that, at least in the US is that with each passing election, (we do them every two years), the quality of the candidates for either party keeps deteriorating to the point that its very difficult for either party to mount a sustainable, long term effort. The pool of talent interested in a political career shrinks constantly. The result has been a creeping cloud of governmental incompetence that is spreading out across the entire country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join