It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Assessing Al Shabaab UK & US Mall Threats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
We have let them create their own Communities over here and their own rules according to 'Sharia', is it any wonder these threats are occurring?

How do we fix it? Coz we have a divide occurring here (has been for a while now)

Havent seen Sharia courts in UK yet however i have seen this

www.theus.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

There are...

Somalia. It is thought that the United Kingdom is home to the largest Somali community in Europe, with 101,370 Somali-born residents of England and Wales recorded by the 2011 Census, and an estimated 115,000 Somali-born immigrants residing in the whole of the UK in 2010 according to the Office for National Statistics.

Wikipedia source

While the politicians argue the toss about immigration from the EU, large numbers of non-EU foreign nationals are allowed into the UK. Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Iraq, and so on, all have sizable foreign-born populations in the UK.

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Sadly - its been only a matter of time. Each Christmas season for the past several years I've been worried of such tactics. In the same breath, to prognosticate terrorism 50 years from today is pretty sobering.
edit on 23-2-2015 by miomo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Homeland Security says aware of no credible threat against malls

(Reuters) - The U.S. Homeland Security Department said on Sunday it was not aware of any specific plot against U.S. shopping malls, backing away from comments by the department's chief that he takes seriously a threat by Somali-based Islamist militants against the Mall of America in Minnesota and other shopping sites in the West.

Some U.S. and Canadian officials had earlier cast doubt on the credibility of the threat made in a video attributed to al Shabaab, which appeared to call for attacks on Western shopping areas, specifically mentioning Mall of America, the West Edmonton Mall in Canada, London's Oxford Street and sites in Paris.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: diggindirt

It doesn't matter one whit whether or not they ever attack any mall, anywhere.

It would matter to any that may be killed i would think .

Yes, indeed, it would matter to us, those who would be impacted if such an attack were to take place. But the real economic impact is in the reactions to the threats. Not only does it slow down the traffic at the threatened places, it increases the cost of operations for security. It also gives the tv babes something to go all big-eyed about on the evening news.
These kinds of announcements make me wonder what the other hand is doing while we are looking in mall broom closets.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything from sky news. Its a Murdoch propaganda tool, like fox.
And yes there are lots of Somalis in England but many of them came over well before Labour were in power.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Dr X because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm sure within seconds of anything happening there will be a dozen threads claiming it's a false flag anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Yeah. That's just the way it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
These terrorists only attack public gatherings and public transport. They have yet to attack Westminster and Downing Street or kill a politician.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join