It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang (Genesis 1:2-3)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The discussion I was involved in had me responding in good faith to a host of straw man arguments and ad hominem attacks

It is amazing to me how guilty you are of the very accusations you make.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

god man let it go who you trying to convince brother ........not me i hope
god loves ya take care of yourself

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

facts change only the truth is eternal

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Truth is objective. It exists even when we do not. Indeed. To suggest your religion belongs to that sphere of thought is unsubstantiated at best.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

This is backwards. Facts never change because they are facts. Truth changes all the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

god man let it go who you trying to convince brother ........not me i hope
god loves ya take care of yourself

Yea god forbid you attempt to correct your inaccuracies in light of new evidence. Always easier to just pretend like it doesn't exist so you continue to believe a lie.

PS. I don't care about god; he has done me no favors.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

(Genesis 1:2-3)

Similarly, our current explanation for the dawn of our universe is that there was an inexplicable explosion of light from emptiness - the big bang.

How were these biblical writers able to know this? We are left with the conclusion that this was indeed Divinely inspired.

The Bible account states that water was the first thing, or original thing. When God spoke to it, it became light and heat. The water molecule is made of hydrogen and oxygen. Combined they are harmless and stable. Once separated, if an outside source ignites them they are powerful and emit light and heat.

"And God said, let there be light..." When hydrogen and oxygen ignited it formed heat and light and the universe expanded. As the space between the hydrogen and oxygen increased, it cooled. Then it clumped and formed stars and then planets. We know that stars use hydrogen, and from this recombination the other elements are formed.

Water also consists of three atoms. The number three is often said to be the number of God.

Also: When we burn gas or oil or other fuels, we are only using the hydrogen and the oxygen. Everything else is pollution, soot, or other poisonous gases. Water therefore is the cleanest and most efficient fuel.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is backwards. Facts never change because they are facts. Truth changes all the time.

Global warming. The Earth is flat. Newton was entirely correct. Einstein's belief in a steady state universe was correct.

Truth is, the facts change all the time. Science always allows for the variable of change of fact.

edit on 24-2-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

you guys forget about it life goes on man i stopped reading these things already
you guys go look outside or something a walk something ......
this isnt worth the debate ..............because like in the beginning as of now no one knows until you die and then your
not aloud to tell
be good

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

thats a sad outlook on life man i dont care about god ......like any god

p.s cheer up i went back and read your thing ......go make a baby baby make things happier

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sremmos80

Actually, he rode a unicorn. You do know unicorns used to exist right? They're in the bible!

Actually they are not. Common tactic used by people who hate Christians/Christianity. I suppose it's better to be ignorant than informed though.

Ya lol, you don't have to hate something/one to think they are hilarious.

So just out of curiosity, you do believe there were unicorns, giants and a global floood killed all but one family who we are the incestual decendants of, but Jesus never rode a unicorn so the pic is ridiculous!!!

Am I close? Hehe

No, but you usually do have to hate something to believe and propagate lies. Unicorns are not in the Bible. I already detailed the word used. People will believe things that coincide with their bias. Perhaps next time you should fact check.

So if you open the bible to page (not sure) it won't say unicorn??? Or do you know what the bible really means and EVERYONE else is wrong?

That's correct. It will not. Only ignorant people who prefer to not be educated on the subject are confused. I posted a source already, it's not MY opinion, it's proven fact. The Bible was not written in English, the original texts contain no mention of Unicorns. The King James version uses the English word Unicorn because the animal named in the original texts are extinct. King James is one of the worst translations, and it's the only one who uses that word.

At the time English travelers were reporting sightings of actual one horned antelopes, which is why the KJ version uses it possibly. It's shoddy translation work, because the beast in the Bible is clearly oxen, not equine/antelope.

So the bible does say unicorns, it's just that all the bibles are wrong and your right. Lol lol lol

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove

originally posted by: cooperton

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

(Genesis 1:2-3)

Similarly, our current explanation for the dawn of our universe is that there was an inexplicable explosion of light from emptiness - the big bang.

How were these biblical writers able to know this? We are left with the conclusion that this was indeed Divinely inspired.

The Bible account states that water was the first thing, or original thing. When God spoke to it, it became light and heat. The water molecule is made of hydrogen and oxygen. Combined they are harmless and stable. Once separated, if an outside source ignites them they are powerful and emit light and heat.

"And God said, let there be light..." When hydrogen and oxygen ignited it formed heat and light and the universe expanded. As the space between the hydrogen and oxygen increased, it cooled. Then it clumped and formed stars and then planets. We know that stars use hydrogen, and from this recombination the other elements are formed.

Water also consists of three atoms. The number three is often said to be the number of God.

Also: When we burn gas or oil or other fuels, we are only using the hydrogen and the oxygen. Everything else is pollution, soot, or other poisonous gases. Water therefore is the cleanest and most efficient fuel.

Except water came a billion years later after the first mega stars used fusion and supernovas to create it.... Just keep shoving that square peg in that round hole.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

math isnt strong evidence as a matter of fact it changes its mind more often than religion
Math said once ...............Fact that the earth was flat .......................wrong

Math said once...........fact the earth is the center of the solar system ............wrong

Math said once ........Fact there is no partical smaller than an atom...............Wrong

Math you can keep your facts i want the TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What??? Math wasn't wrong the humans who did the math were wrong.... Math is the one universal constant, with or without life or man, 3 suns - 1sun = 2 suns....

You guys sound like my girlfriend.....

"Your here but your not here!"

Lol hilarious

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Global warming. The Earth is flat. Newton was entirely correct. Einstein's belief in a steady state universe was correct.

Truth is, the facts change all the time. Science always allows for the variable of change of fact.

Actually that is incorrect. A fact is defined as something that is indisputable, therefor it cannot change without the variables changing. The Earth being flat was NEVER a fact, it was a belief and it really gets old hearing this same reason over and over again to somehow discredit science. The mechanism behind evolution is a fact. The earth being round is a fact. The earth revolving around the sun is a fact. Yes one of these could change if a rogue planet hits the earth, but currently, as things are, it is a fact.

So for the last time, flat earth was NEVER a fact, nor was it a scientific viewpoint. It was a guess and a large portion of the world didn't even believe that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

p.s cheer up i went back and read your thing ......go make a baby baby make things happier

Here's some advice. Capital letters and punctuation is your friend.

God is NOT required for happiness. By definition folks that are agnostic do not care about god, because they don't know whether he exists (and any honest person will admit they do not know as well). How can you care about something you don't know exists? That's kind of like saying somebody is sad because they don't care about Santa Clause.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Actually you got that backwards. Facts are facts. What we as mankind perceive as "truth" changes. We might think we know some thing is a fact, but find out later we were wrong. But whatever the fact of the matter actually was doesn't change .

We just knew the earth was flat was the truth, but the earth was never flat.

This reminds me of my ex and her "your here but your not here" mumbo jumbo.

It sounds good but under any scrutiny it's ridiculous....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Global warming.

Is science.

The Earth is flat.

Was never a scientific fact. Religion tried to maintain this position, though.

Newton was entirely correct.

Said no one ever. It was incomplete. Did the discovery of relativity suddenly alter the trajectory of objects? No.

Einstein's belief in a steady state universe was correct.

Was not a scientific fact. It was one person's opinion.

Truth is, you just pulled a load of factually inaccurate statements our of your rear end to create a strawman argument against the very methodology that is allowing us to communicate right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Those aren't facts. They were never facts. Those are claims or hypotheses. Facts are laws in science and don't change.

You should learn the difference between an opinion and a fact.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Who says I am unhappy? I am perfectly content without worrying about what some divine being thinks of me. I don't need a fairy tail called god to help me sleep at night or get through life. God is a crutch.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Who says I am unhappy? I am perfectly content without worrying about what some divine being thinks of me. I don't need a fairy tail called god to help me sleep at night or get through life. God is a crutch.

I think a placebo would be a better definition, lol.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join