It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay, this is a long story, but I will try to cut it short.

My good facebook friend Charlie disappeared for about a week last spring. When he came back, he messaged me and without using the words "Bundy Ranch" he let me know that he had gone from New York to Nevada to the Bundy Ranch protest. Charlie was a near 60 year old hard core patriot. This guy knew his history like the back of his hand. He hated seeing what was going on in our country. Anyway, he messaged me because he was very worried. He was open carrying at the protest, and said that "they" had taken his picture and also got pictures of his car and license plate. He was really upset about this, and told me he was going to lay low for a while.

Well, he laid low for a couple of months, no social media, no email, no nothing. I ended up contacting his niece who lives near me and he finally ended up contacting me. He said he was alright, still laying low, and was having all kinds of issues with his computer and email.

After Bundy, Charlie was never the same. He was very careful about what he said online, and many times wouldn't be on at all.

I had been suspended from facebook for 30 days, and the day I came back (last sunday night) Charlie replied to my post saying "Good Morning, thank God you're back, I missed you sorely".

Later, around 9 PM he responded to a post saying, "I'm sharing this post, it doesn't matter if Facebook and the NSA are watching".

A few hours later, he was dead. He "committed suicide". I don't believe it. No one does. I can tell from the comments on his facebook page that he wasn't that kind of a person. He was smart, funny, full of life and Christian.

I have a few contacts relative to the Bundy protest, one that is fairly high profile. He told me this is the 3rd death since the demonstration. Another contact told me that his house has been droned, he's been hounded by the IRS and they have screwed around with his bank account.

Charlie's memorial service was today. I want to say something to his family, but his wife is a liberal school teacher, and they did not see eye to eye when it came to politics or Charlie going to Bundy's Ranch. Should I just forget about it? I feel like I need to do something for Charlie's sake.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Very sorry for your loss.

If there is something to this, you would be exposing yourself to the same. Much of what you describe sounds like pretty standard procedure these days, the photographing and the cataloging. We're all exposed to that daily, everywhere, but particularly in a situation like that was. The other deaths are more than likely just natural occurrence, but even if they're not, again, do you want that coming down on you?

If there is nothing to this other than a bad personal situation you are not privy to, it would serve no purpose. Being exposed to the events there and that kind of reality may have simply just pushed him to the edge and it's just a sad, sad thing.

So what can you do, really, but miss him? I don't know.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildthing

Later, around 9 PM he responded to a post saying, "I'm sharing this post, it doesn't matter if Facebook and the NSA are watching".

What was the post he was talking bout sharing?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People kill themselves all the time with those who knew them never suspecting anything. Sometimes you just can't know what another person is thinking.

Unless he was up to something completely out of control, I'd say it's not very likely the Govt suicided some random 60 yr old guy.
edit on 21-2-2015 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It was this picture... www.faceboo... k.com/sanctuaryofliberty/photos/pb.651692161518442.-2207520000.1424563328./896444807043175/?type=3&theater

And his comment to my post was "I am sharing this one , F.B. and homeland security be advised I'm doing so at my own FREE will"

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Seems like the link isn't working...here it is again. www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Im so sorry to hear about your friend, suicide leaves behind more questions than answers.

Ive had a couple of very close friends commit suicide, totally and utterly a shock to all of us. One a male and one a female.
Never in a million years would we have guessed they were ever suicidal, never never.

I think that people sometimes get themselves worked up into such a state that all of a sudden suicide seems the only answer, and they do it there and then.
If only they'd have picked up the phone and called one of us, their friends.

Maybe your friend got himself into this kind of state of mind

I miss my 2 friends terribly they were 4 and 5 years ago
edit on 21/2/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildthing Should I just forget about it? I feel like I need to do something for Charlie's sake.

What would you do other than go public with your suspicions?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

How about telling his wife & family that you are sorry for their loss and leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildthing

Seems like the link isn't working...here it is again. www.facebook.com...

If TBTB are suiciding everyone who criticizes Obama on Facebook they're going to be very busy.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I've done that. Wouldn't it be better for his wife and sons to know he didn't do that to them? Or at least have an alternate explanation for why this happened?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You know its not my business and it is because you asked.

As a Christian I would say on your friends behalf, "stay out of this and look after yourself and others, I believe a justice is coming and you dont need to be caught up in what I was".

As I understand Charlie couldnt live his life on the sidelines, thats a good thing. He didnt expose his family to what he saw as a threat, I assume? He saw the potential danger and avoided people so they wouldnt be caught up in the trouble.
He laid low because of the circumstances, he realised that he couldnt win this fight.

I dont think its a bad thing to step back and protect yourself and yours, at least think about the ramifications of your actions first.

Charlie was a Christian, he would believe that Gods justice will be done, that is enough.

If you do decide to engage, then first think about what you have to lose, do it for yourself not Charlie.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Odd to see the number of people suggesting to walk away. Personally I don't think that will be healthy for you and will leave you with a missing conclusion for the rest of your life.

I would suggest you talk to his family. It is normal for people somewhat unknown to the family to come talk to them about their lost friend. After judging the atmosphere for a little while try to bring up the subject of the protest and see where the conversation leads. If it doesn't naturally get there then just come out and say you have some doubts about the suicide given the governments attitude at the protest. See if the family is willing to discuss specific details of the suicide. Did they expect it? How did it happen? Does that make sense? Get a copy of the autopsy report. Review his belongings and future planning...did he recently make plans that don't fit with a suicidal person? If you start to see signs that the suicide story might not be the whole story then talk about hiring a Private Investigator with previous police experience. A report from him will go a long way to changing the mind of police. Of course if they refuse you can go public with the report.

I suspect you will find your friends absence was illness related and he just didn't pull out of it. However you should invest some time to find closure for yourself. Otherwise you'll have a lifetime of worry about this.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Ugh! You are so right! It's almost like you know him. Charlie considered me one of the most patriotic people he's ever met. He had some friends in NYC that had beams from the WTC. They gave Charlie a few pieces, and Charlie sent a piece to me. He knew I would honor it for what it was, a piece of our history. I think you're right, I guess I should stop looking for answers. This government is out of control, and they promised revenge on the people under the bridge at Bundy's who faced off with the BLM. I'm guessing they are acting on it. Charlies death has been noted, like I said, he is #3. Now we wait and see how many more there are. That will be the tell tale sign. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think you already did...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildthing
a reply to: FyreByrd

I've done that. Wouldn't it be better for his wife and sons to know he didn't do that to them? Or at least have an alternate explanation for why this happened?

It is not a kindness to add to their burden with your suspicions. How could it possibly be of help to them?

You don't know what actually happened, you have just created a story that weaves little bits of this person's life into a narrative that give the death meaning to you.

Could it be true, sure. Could it be false, sure. There is no concrete evidence either way. And no reason to burden the family further

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
You know its not my business and it is because you asked.

As a Christian I would say on your friends behalf, "stay out of this and look after yourself and others, I believe a justice is coming and you dont need to be caught up in what I was".

As I understand Charlie couldnt live his life on the sidelines, thats a good thing. He didnt expose his family to what he saw as a threat, I assume? He saw the potential danger and avoided people so they wouldnt be caught up in the trouble.
He laid low because of the circumstances, he realised that he couldnt win this fight.

I dont think its a bad thing to step back and protect yourself and yours, at least think about the ramifications of your actions first.

Charlie was a Christian, he would believe that Gods justice will be done, that is enough.

If you do decide to engage, then first think about what you have to lose, do it for yourself not Charlie.

Yours is, by far and away, the single most brilliant and intelligent post I've ever read on ATS. Its hard for me to imagine that someone as intelligent as yourself would be posting on ATS and it makes me wonder...why?

Kudos, but...why?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's highly unlikely the Govt. killed a random "nobody" (to them) because he went to a protest. That's high risk low reward. It sounds like he was very troubled based on the behavior you described, and it's really not surprising at all to me. To him the world was a very scary place, and he was living in that fear state 24 hours a day for a very long time. People can only take so much.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You're probably right. Enough to drive him to suicide? Not sure. Shame that the Bundy event seemed to eventually lead to his death, regardless of who/what killed him.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Alright after reading BTWs ( nailed it ) reply. I'm glad I withheld any
advise and seached over the link you gave fairly well. If I were going
to add anything to that It would be. To try and relieve some of
the grief the family may be feeling, I doubt could get you any trouble.
But to be on the safe side person to person or maybe snail mail.

Gawd I just had a twilight zone flash back of Vic Morrow in nazi
germany.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join