It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Bible Passages and Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of why, as with everything else in this world, you must form your own opinion. Deluded "Christians" misspeak all the time and ruin it for others. As you develop your mental web of knowledge, and begin to make connections, and begin to see the world in a clearer light, the Bible begins to make more sense. I used to be full-blown atheist, but my pursuit of knowledge brought me back to Christianity.

Don't listen to Christian hypocrites (which constitutes a large majority of the Christian population), read it on your own.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." (Matthew 23:13)

If everything we were led to believe is a lie, then anything is possible; remember this if you choose to read the Bible (start in the gospels). Don't fully believe anyone in this world who has died, and did not subsequently rise from the dead.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Nothing in that scripture says we should beat our kids, only to punish them if they do things that are not acceptable.

The Bible does say some interesting things concerning children.

Hosea 9:11-16 NTL
The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children."

Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Leviticus 26:21-22 NTL
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted.

Exodus 21:15 NAB
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9 NTL
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.

...as you can see in the last two it's not a good beating that's condoned, but the murder of children.

But that's Old Testament, right?
edit on 22-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

In the Hosea verses, Israel is receiving prophetic warning. They have entered into idolatry which is sinful and against one of God's Commandments. The wages of sin is death. Therefore, so long as they continue in their idolatry every one of them, right down to the babies is earning death to God. This will continue until Israel repents. God isn't actually smiting little children. This is no different than turning away from God earns you death in the spiritual sense.

Ezekial 9 also addresses idolatry and it is also prophetic not literal. Basically you might as well accuse someone here who posts a dream of widespread death and destruction of actually killing people.

Ezekial 21 is more prophecy.

And you went back to Mosaic Law ... why aren't you asking the Jews why they don't do this too? They live directly under Mosaic Law and the Talmud. Christians live under the New Covenant and Grace.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
You're not following the train here.

Those verses were in response to the notion 'nowhere in scripture does it say..."

I demonstrated otherwise using scripture. Well I suppose I didn't demonstrate scripture says to beat children, so much as I showed a condoning of far worse.

That's it. Full stop. Everything else you said is tangential.

On a side note: The New Covenant doesn't negate the understanding Yahweh gave the green light to all those horrible moral atrocities prior to Jesus Christ and Grace.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Thanks for your participation - I've wondered where you went.

a reply to: ketsuko

@ ketsuko: I could read your post one of THREE ways:

- as a scholarly essay and "interpretation" of ancient literature that is mythology, that is an analogy of late Bronze-Age tales (I'm guessing - 100 to 200 years AFTER Jesus supposedly lived is still Bronze Age - if I'm mistaken, please correct me) that men who had limited understanding of their environment and the elements that dogged them MADE UP....That they were guys who wrote down a bunch of campfire tales that their elders had shared for generations before them......and that they continued to embellish and transform.

OR

- as evidence that you are a person who earnestly BELIEVES that those things are TRUTH.

OR

- as a novel or movie story pitch. You know - like J.K Rowlings had to write to publishers to introduce the premise of "Harry Potter."
A synopsis of a story you have in mind to tell. Or want to tell - or already know HOW to tell. Not exactly "Bible Fan Fiction", but a novel inspired by the Bible that you plan to write. It sounds very 'exciting'. 'Gripping.'

Which one would be correct?

I'm confused.
edit on 2/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: formatting

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

as you develop your mental web of knowledge, and begin to make connections, and begin to see the world in a clearer light, the Bible begins to make more sense. I used to be full-blown atheist, but my pursuit of knowledge brought me back to Christianity.

This is interesting.

Yes, absolutely about developing your knowledge base - and making connections.
Yes, perhaps then some of the esoteric stuff that is in 'The Bible' begin to 'make sense'.

BUT - That knowledge should ALSO have 'brought you to awareness' of the similarities between all of the major religions:
The Golden Rule.
One does not have to 'come to Jesus' to get that message.

Do you see?

Ancient Japanese saying: "There are many paths up the Mountain, but the view of the moon from the top is the same."

Or -

There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn't matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Whoa. Okay - I started watching the first of your vids. Seven-something minutes - I switched off at 5:58....

you are wanting to say (via your vid) that the Pope is an infiltrator - a traitor - a wolf in sheep's clothing....due to the fact (which we all know) that he is a Jesuit.

That he's a spy AND a liar -
espousing Liberal views, but crossing his fingers behind his back.

REALLY? Paranoia much? Propaganda much?

Or - maybe I'm reading too much into this, your choice of video to present; and you will later say something about how ridiculous that video is? I really don't know.

All I really know at this point is that the Pope gives really good lip service.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Did yo listen to the Jesuit's Oath ? They were not secret about their counter reformation policy . ETA ...there are 2 or 3 more vids in that series "Know Your Enemy" that are well worth watching .
edit on 22-2-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Did yo listen to the Jesuit's Oath ?

Yes, I did.

That's when it occurred to me that you were accusing the Pope of being a spy and infiltrator.
I got your point. The Pope is a Jesuit....I get that.

You think everything he says is a ruse - a way to gather followers, when he is 'the beast' and a 'demon' , but hardly anyone recognizes it....

ok. I'll tell you what my point of view is.
POPE FRANCIS makes SENSE. He is one of the very, very few leaders of the last decade that makes any sense at all.

What is it, that he said, that you disagree with?

His statement about not 'insulting' someone's religion was one that I DID NOT agree with, by the way. That was after CharlieHebdo or whatever it is.......

See, the thing is: I think some religions DO need to be openly insulted.

Click on the word "knowledge" in my sig. More info there.
Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
there's also accumulative understanding by connecting verses and their metaphors and concepts, together. for example:

"Satan" as a word, is not in the king james version of the old testament until the time of King David. However, the word "Serpent" is and is later attributed to "Satan", in fact, there's a passage in the book of revelation 20:2, in the new testament that says "And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years".

BUT, the word "serpent" also shows up in the old testament to describe a group of angels, specifically the "Seraph" or known in the plural as, "Seraphim." The Seraphim surround the throne of GOD! THEREFORE, our understanding of the word "serpent" is not quite that cut and dry. Not every instance of the word "serpent" means what we think it means.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Interesting! Thanks for your contribution.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Interesting! Thanks for your contribution.

np. there's more hehehehe. oh you got me started.

NUMBERS 21: 8
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

notice how it says "a fiery serpent"?? is the lord telling moses to make a dragon and put it on a pole? nope.
he's telling him to make a saraph or seraph. strongs concordance reveals that the hebrew word there is

saraph
serpent, fiery serpent
poisonous serpent (fiery from burning effect of poison)

seraph, seraphim
majestic beings with 6 wings, human hands or voices in attendance upon God

you can see the whole description here:
www.blueletterbible.org...

so is the lord telling moses to make an angel and put it on a pole? nope.
(although it is rather coincedental that the northern "pole" in the sky, is surrounded by a dragon constellation)

he's telling moses to make one of these

people guess as to why the snake wound on a staff is symbolic for medicine. i don't think that's specific enough . the serpent in the tree (in the garden of eden) is the same thing = et.al, a serpent wound around a staff. in effect, a doctor of medicine, specifically, a doctor of genetics is probably what that is hinting at. the serpent is dna in the garden, and the guy changing the dna, is a doctor of genetics.
edit on 22-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
p.s. later on, jesus refers to himself as the serpent moses raised on the pole to bring healing to the people. he doesn't mean he's a serpent, although he has been given the title of master physician.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Micheal Heiser has a talk on The Council's of God and speaks a bit on the "Serpent" from Genesis .He makes a good point that the word there is better taken as Shinning One .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I am off to read your link "Knowledge" I don't follow much of what this Pope or any of the preceding ones have said so I really can't say much in that respect .My original reason for joining the site was the "All Roads lead to Rome" thread .The Jesuits were just one aspect of the story I was really interested in .

The Jesuit Order was always a confusing ambiguous group to me and I was very suspect of them .Where much of the confusion in denominational Christianity is is in the Creeds and statement's of faith . The creation of "Higher learning" and accreditation was the way they infused most of the errors onto their graduates who would take up residence into the differing church structures and pass on the errors they had been indoctrinated into themselves .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
OP says "“Apologists” will hate us, yes. Their entire world revolves around explaining how “true” Christianity is. I am here to tell everyone that they are misinformed. Mistaken. Wrong. Deluded. Any word you want to choose."

This is a long lecture but it has much to offer on the subject of confusion in "Christianity" Paul spoke a bit on it and Jesus in Mathew 13 spoke about the Kingdom Cults .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I've never heard of this guy. Just browsed around his website - have you read any of his stuff aside from the blogs?
Can you tell us a little about what is in the lecture, please? For those who can't watch vid, or don't want to watch the entire 6 hours - that really is a looonnnggg day of listening if one isn't keen on the subject.

Thanks for it, though!!!
Might have to visit my friendly local library to see if they have the books in the stacks.
What is Heiser's belief system? Do you agree with it?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes it is a long lecture that is made up of different sessions from what I have watched so far .There are some Q&A after some parts . He is mainly focused on Gnosticism (a bit of history and the sources) ...His Wiki link en.wikipedia.org...

My personal opinion is that he is a Christian . I like the fact that he has a good knowledge of the scholarly work that is available and provides links to the many scholarly tools to look into much of the subject matter he puts forth .He works for Logos Bible software that I find interesting but not sure if I will get .

He has written a few books and I plan on getting a hold of 1 maybe two( Facade and Portent) of them to read . I have never been interested in fiction but thought I would give one of his a go .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I will have to watch the link you provided.

I read the Facade. Good book. Easy read. Supposedly written based on the truth behind evil conspiracies. It made sense to me after I was done. An eye opener for those who think each paranormal situation is an isolated phenomenon. This book basically shows how it's all tied together - a force of evil operating on different levels for the same purpose.

This book reinforced my own belief, that I had just come to, that it's all interlinked and that we are fighting a great spiritual battle which is now moving heavily into the reality realm for all of human kind. I do believe this will all be part of the "great deception" at the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join