It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy shoots girlfriend in 'rage killing', then blasts neighbors on FB for not calling 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wha t is it with these pieces of work??

A 31-year-old man has been arrested after allegedly shooting dead his girlfriend in a 'rage killing' before hitting out at their neighbors on Facebook for not calling 911 when they 'heard noises'.

Adam Solis reportedly shot 24-year-old Katie Eager 'more than five times' after they got into a heated argument at their apartment near Cypress Creek Road in Cedar Park, Texas, on Monday night.

He then fled to his parents' San Antonio home, before returning to the couple's apartment Tuesday afternoon, police said. There, he called 911 and told the operator he had found Miss Eager's body.

The following day, Solis took to Facebook to express his apparent sadness over his girlfriend's death - and to criticize neighbors who may have heard gunshots on the night for not alerting the police.

But just hours after his Facebook post, Solis was arrested by police on suspicion of murder. He was booked at Bexar County Jail at around 10.30pm Wednesday. His bond has been set at $1million.

During an interview with police, Solis' statements about his whereabouts at the time of the killing at the Lodge at Lakeline Village apartment complex proved inconsistent, a spokesman told KVUE.

Chf Mannix said that Solis's Facebook message was likely an expression of surprise that no-one living nearby had called the police before he returned to the crime scene on Tuesday afternoon.

Here's the strangest part of the article for me.

Indeed, several neighbors told KVUE that they had heard 'bangs and yelling' on Monday night - but had made the decision not to call the emergency services after the loud noises suddenly stopped.

Noemi Camero, who lives in the apartment above the crime scene, said: 'My daughter heard the man screaming really loud. It died out just as fast. We just came out to the balcony, we didn't see anyone.'

You heard the yelling but you didn't hear gunfire? Where in God's name do you live that gunfire is so normal? I mean the killer obviously thought people heard it, so he obviously didn't us a silencer. Otherwise he wouldn't have been concerned about the neighbors. And if I was a woman living there, I'd move. Because this would prove to me I could get shot there and obviously NO ONE WOULD HEAR IT, but hey, they would hear my boyfriend knocking me around! Now THAT'S comforting to know! *rolls eyes* Seriously people, WTH? You hear people getting the crud beat out of them, but NOT SHOT? What is the deal??? Well, cross that town off my list of places to move to.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

What is he mad about, that they didn't stop him?

Obviously, its all the neighbors fault.

Look what you made me do!

Schizoid.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What is he mad about, that they didn't stop him?

Obviously, its all the neighbors fault.

Look what you made me do!

Schizoid.

That one kind of threw me too. Real piece of work this guy. First he gets mad at her, then kills her, then he gets mad at the neighbors because no one called 911???? Ummm, yeah, ok. Makes sense to me. LOL As the police chief said, he was likely surprised that no one called when he went back to the house to cover his tracks, still guy is definitely in the psycho category, now we get to watch him try and use it as a "get out of jail free" card.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

LOL As the police chief said, he was likely surprised that no one called when he went back to the house to cover his tracks, still guy is definitely in the psycho category, now we get to watch him try and use it as a "get out of jail free" card.

Blaming others for our anger is pretty common. Not "psycho", just extreme in his case.

"I got mad" isn't a defense, its an excuse.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would want to know, how was their relationship before that day. Did they argue alot, things thrown at the walls and other stuff. If it was where they argued and fought alot, it would make sense that no one did anything cause they would be under the belief that it was just part of the couples life.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't think folks here actually understand the anger at the neighbors correctly. It sounds to me like, when he made that Facebook posting, he was trying to bolster his alibi for not being there when it happened. HE shot her, and immediately left to go to his family's place in San Antonio (to setup his alibi that he was there all night). Then, he came BACK, and was in "shock" at his girlfriends death, and forced to call 911 himself. Had the neighbors called 911, then the police would have been there when he ARRIVED at the place, claiming he was away in San Antonio at the time (and could more easily fake his shock and sadness).

He is pissed that his little stupid plan backfired on him because he had to call 911 himself. That, in his mind, was the undoing of his "master plan" to not be a suspect.

That is how I interpret his emotional outburst at them....

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

"I don't think I'll ever get over the horrifying scene I came home to"

I think he was trying to suggest that he came home and found her murdered - like someone came in and shot her and he found her rather than an argument between the couple and him shooting her.

Basically he's trying to cover his tracks and suggest his innocence imho.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"I don't think I'll ever get over the horrifying scene I came home to". Um, the guy was trying to act as if he came in to find his wife dead. He was trying to play it off like he didn't have anything to do with it. This is further confirmed in the fact that he has conflicting information presented as to his wearabouts that night. He didn't have a solid alibi, and is now in prison. If you're not thinking this through, it could come off the way you're making it seem, but c'mon really?

This is the headline in the link:

Boyfriend 'shot his girlfriend dead at home then tried to build an alibi by criticizing his neighbors on Facebook for not calling 911'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... yMU6u
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 21-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This piece of work was just trying to cover his tracks. Thinking if he would show surprise of his girlfriends death, it would show some kind of legitimacy that he was not involved in her death.
edit on 21-2-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

A gunshot in a house usually sounds like any other loud noise. You can't always tell what it is from outside.

ID

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
"I don't think I'll ever get over the horrifying scene I came home to". Um, the guy was trying to act as if he came in to find his wife dead. He was trying to play it off like he didn't have anything to do with it. This is further confirmed in the fact that he has conflicting information presented as to his wearabouts that night. He didn't have a solid alibi, and is now in prison. If you're not thinking this through, it could come off the way you're making it seem, but c'mon really?

This is the headline in the link:

Boyfriend 'shot his girlfriend dead at home then tried to build an alibi by criticizing his neighbors on Facebook for not calling 911'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... yMU6u
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Listen guys, I get it, it doesn't mean he's not a complete jack hole though who's a moron for "getting upset at his neighbors". He thought he was smarter than everyone else and he obviously wasn't. I can't wait to see what defence he's going to try and go for.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

A gunshot in a house usually sounds like any other loud noise. You can't always tell what it is from outside.

ID

Sadly I lived in a high drug activity area, (public housing place), I could tell when they went off most of the time, but not always.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What a sick SOB, no sympathy at all, just makes up a lie right away to cover the fact that HE shot her more than 5 times.

new topics

top topics

join